1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacomas in snow

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by Tommigumm, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Nov 9, 2008 at 4:41 PM
    Tacoma02TRD

Tacoma02TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Walla Walla WA/ Klamath Falls OR
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma TRD
    3inch Revtech lift,Flowmaster Muffler, K&N cold air intake, 33x12.5 Maxxis Bighorns, TRD stock locker, Hella 500 Fog lights, Scanguage II, 6k HIDs, Painted Black Rims
    Those are great pictures Tommigumm and Luke8272 keep up the good wheeling and photography!

2. Nov 10, 2008 at 4:28 AM
    montgomery_30824

montgomery_30824 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Guyton, Ga
    Vehicle:
    '06 prerunner 4dr
    K & N airfilter, custom built 10" sub boxes, pioneer head, mag-lite mod, Blue LED dash lights, custom painted engine cover, mud flap removal mod, alarm/remote start installed,
    dang i wish i could be involved in that. looks like a blast

3. Nov 16, 2008 at 6:14 AM
    cam-shaft

cam-shaft Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    DCTRDOFFRD
    I like the rear tire carrier. I did not see pix's of the 05 + tire carrier on your web.
    Thanks, Cam-shaft

4. Nov 17, 2008 at 9:21 AM
    mr.trd

mr.trd Are you Recreationally Insane?

Member:
    First Name:
    Brant
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    '06 S/C 1GR-FE DCSB
    Icon coilovers w 14" 700lb springs, Icon billet UCA w/ Delta joints, custom built Icon rear resi-shocks, Icon stage 3 rear leaf pack, Archive Garage Hammer Hangers w/ homemade spreader bar, superbumps up front and timbren bumps in the rear, Crown brake lines, U-bolt flip,4.88's with front ARB locker and ARB dual compressor mounted behind back seat, 285/75R17 BFG A/T KO2's on Bronze Icon Alloy Compression's, 5th gen T4R budget big brake kit, CBI Off-Road Fab. custom Trailmaster 2.0 with swing-away tire carrier, CBI custom tube front bumper, CBI kickout sliders, CBI full flat belly skids including gas tank,CBI Ditch Light brackets w/ Heretic Studio Quattro's, Heretic Studio's 30" Amber on the front, Heretic Studio 40" bar under the Front Runner Roof Rack, Expedition Essentials RAM mount, Leer used shell, OEM black chrome sport headlights, fog lights always on mod, rear locker anytime mod, TRD supercharger, URD Ucon-EMS, Deatschwerks 255 fuel pump w/ URD external fuel filter kit, AFE intake paired to a Safari Snorkel, URD spec-U exhaust w/ factory Tundra muffler behind URD equal length headers.
    Are you talking about the CBI Off-Road site? I don't work for CBI just think he has great stuff and the owners are good personal friends, but yeah he hasn't updated the site in a long time. He trades out work for his internet site and the guy that runs it for him hasn't needed any work done in a while. He is trying to come up with a solution. If you have any questions, just call him and if you want pics, let me know... He has a couple others out there too, but they are plate. You can find pics of them on TTORA or Expedition Portal. If I can help though let me know.

5. Nov 17, 2008 at 2:45 PM
    Lucky Sumtyms

Lucky Sumtyms Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07' sr5 4x4 dbl lng bd
    3" lift w/32" m/t tires & alloy wheels.
    I'm looking fo rthe oversized fender flairs for my 07' If you have a site where I can view or purchase them I'd be greatfull. You can e-mail me directly @ luckysumtyms@verizon.net Thanks for the reply. Lucky.

6. Nov 24, 2008 at 1:32 AM
    Tommigumm

Tommigumm [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tómas
    Iceland
    Vehicle:
    06 double cab sr5 38"
    It has a 4-link system in the back, extra fuel tank it´s 35 gallons and a fulepump so you can fill the orgina tank while driving, it has a 4:88 and a front air lock, it has ranco 9000 shocs in the back and 3" light racing struts in the front, Artick trucks tires 38"x15,5" we had to change the brake system and use brake pumps from landcruser 80 and the brakedisk is built by artick trucks in Iceland ,we did this so we could use 15"x14" wheels for better flote on the snow when you let the air out, It has a lift kit about 2" only on the boddy and then the flairs and running bords,2x air pumps one for the tires and one fore the locker, KN filter, fluricent lights under the car and some lights in the front. inside is the GPS, VHF, CB, and NMT phone and I can´t remember anything else
    [​IMG]
    Ford F-350 46" and Tacoma 38"

7. Nov 24, 2008 at 9:55 AM
    Lucky Sumtyms

Lucky Sumtyms Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07' sr5 4x4 dbl lng bd
    I have 32" on my 07' tacoma and the picture shows the wheel well flairs are bigger than stock. i just thought they could be purchased on line. somewhere.

8. Nov 24, 2008 at 3:48 PM
    MarketingGuy

MarketingGuy Attempting to Decide

Member:
    Impressive. I hate Florida. :(

9. Nov 24, 2008 at 5:05 PM
    Tommigumm

Member:
    First Name:
    Tómas
    Iceland
    Vehicle:
    06 double cab sr5 38"
    It has a 4-link system in the back, extra fuel tank it´s 35 gallons and a fulepump so you can fill the orgina tank while driving, it has a 4:88 and a front air lock, it has ranco 9000 shocs in the back and 3" light racing struts in the front, Artick trucks tires 38"x15,5" we had to change the brake system and use brake pumps from landcruser 80 and the brakedisk is built by artick trucks in Iceland ,we did this so we could use 15"x14" wheels for better flote on the snow when you let the air out, It has a lift kit about 2" only on the boddy and then the flairs and running bords,2x air pumps one for the tires and one fore the locker, KN filter, fluricent lights under the car and some lights in the front. inside is the GPS, VHF, CB, and NMT phone and I can´t remember anything else
    There are two types of flairs
    The one I´ve got:
    [​IMG]
    There from a company named Formverk http://formverk.is/
    flairs in Icelandic are Brettakantar they are not on the site but they make them

And this type:
    [​IMG]
    There from a company named Samverk No websyte

I can find out the prices for you - it shuld be rather cheap for you since the icelandic currency has dropped a lot.

10. Nov 25, 2008 at 7:42 AM
    Lucky Sumtyms

Lucky Sumtyms Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07' sr5 4x4 dbl lng bd
  11. Nov 25, 2008 at 8:32 AM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    You do realize you need to modify the suspension to clear those fenders right? It's not just cut and bolt on.....

12. Nov 25, 2008 at 9:46 AM
    Lucky Sumtyms

Lucky Sumtyms Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07' sr5 4x4 dbl lng bd
    I'm hoping my 3" lift will be enough. I had to do that to get my MT 285-75/16s on. A heads up for the installation would be great

13. Nov 25, 2008 at 11:25 AM
    piercedtiger

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    That won't be enough. If you've read anything at all about those Icelandic trucks you'd know they have to move the entire front suspension mounts a few CM forward so the wheel wells can be shifted enough to install the larger fenders and still open the front doors.

14. Nov 25, 2008 at 12:23 PM
    Tommigumm

Member:
    First Name:
    Tómas
    Iceland
    Vehicle:
    06 double cab sr5 38"
    That´s some kind of misunderstanding you don´t have too move the suspension at all, if you had the hilux then you wulde have this problem but not in the Tacoma:) there is enugh space too open and close the front doors . My car has a onli a 3" lift and it works fine for me:D
    They can build the flairs in any size they have them smaller too like this:
    [​IMG]

15. Nov 25, 2008 at 12:55 PM
    piercedtiger

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    Ok. Thanks for correcting me. Last I heard was something about nearly all of the front suspension/steering/drive components having to be moved forward to accommodate the large tires and still work the doors. But maybe I was thinking of the Hilux like you said.

16. Nov 25, 2008 at 1:24 PM
    mr.trd

Member:
    First Name:
    Brant
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    '06 S/C 1GR-FE DCSB
    Icon coilovers w 14" 700lb springs, Icon billet UCA w/ Delta joints, custom built Icon rear resi-shocks, Icon stage 3 rear leaf pack, Archive Garage Hammer Hangers w/ homemade spreader bar, superbumps up front and timbren bumps in the rear, Crown brake lines, U-bolt flip,4.88's with front ARB locker and ARB dual compressor mounted behind back seat, 285/75R17 BFG A/T KO2's on Bronze Icon Alloy Compression's, 5th gen T4R budget big brake kit, CBI Off-Road Fab. custom Trailmaster 2.0 with swing-away tire carrier, CBI custom tube front bumper, CBI kickout sliders, CBI full flat belly skids including gas tank,CBI Ditch Light brackets w/ Heretic Studio Quattro's, Heretic Studio's 30" Amber on the front, Heretic Studio 40" bar under the Front Runner Roof Rack, Expedition Essentials RAM mount, Leer used shell, OEM black chrome sport headlights, fog lights always on mod, rear locker anytime mod, TRD supercharger, URD Ucon-EMS, Deatschwerks 255 fuel pump w/ URD external fuel filter kit, AFE intake paired to a Safari Snorkel, URD spec-U exhaust w/ factory Tundra muffler behind URD equal length headers.
    Nice "car", what size of tires are those and with these flares are the wheel openings cut out at all or are they just wider? Thanks man.

17. Nov 25, 2008 at 1:44 PM
    Tommigumm

Member:
    First Name:
    Tómas
    Iceland
    Vehicle:
    06 double cab sr5 38"
    35" and yes, you have to cut out and they are wider

18. Nov 25, 2008 at 3:10 PM
    Lucky Sumtyms

Lucky Sumtyms Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07' sr5 4x4 dbl lng bd
    Thanks Tommigumm. I will see about getting the bigger ones because mine are little like the pic here. I will see about sending some pics of our extreme 4 wheeling out here near twentynine palms in the dale mining district here in california. Lucky. P.S. Have a nice thanksgiving.

19. Nov 25, 2008 at 3:53 PM
    mr.trd

Member:
    First Name:
    Brant
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    '06 S/C 1GR-FE DCSB
    Sorry for all the questions but what wheel size is that then that you need it wider. I am running 17x9's with 4.5" of backspacing and mine barely get to the edge of the factory flare. I want my tires to stick out some so that I can rub on my tires on the rocks and trees before taking out a fender, but I want them cut out bigger so I can run a 35 also. Can you get them made narrow like the factory ones, just a bigger opening? Also what gear ratio are you running? Thanks Tommy, you are answering alot of things I have wondered alot about when it comes to the arctic trucks and getting stuff to work right. Thanks.

20. Nov 25, 2008 at 4:53 PM
    RedTaco2134

RedTaco2134 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Portland, Or
    Vehicle:
    08 Long Bed TRD Sport
    295/70/17 Cooper STT Pro, Revtek 3" lift. TSB rear and Blistein 5100's http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3097063
    Actually it doesn't look that hard at all.Just do your research on building 3-4link suspension, if you have not built one already. You can look on Pirate4x4, and look into 4-link calculators.... I could be wrong, but looks to me like the used the Rear of a 1st, 2nd Gen 4runner for reference when building the 4-link suspension, especially with Coils. Here look at this pic of my old 4runner's rear-end >_<:
    [​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top