1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TacoShredsn's Supercharged Mid Travel Prerunner Build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by TacoShredsn, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Apr 27, 2014 at 10:04 AM
    TRDrunner

TRDrunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Victor
    Vacaville
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma TRD Offroad
    Thats what I Wanna do too!

2. May 20, 2014 at 2:14 AM
    TacoShredsn

TacoShredsn [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fresno, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 White PreRunner Supercharged M/T DCSB
    Maxtrac spindles, Raptor Style Satoshi Grille, BHLM, HID headlights, Rugged Ridge HID lights, LightForce light locks, custom fabricated off-road bumper, smoked tail lights w/LEDs, Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD double DIN w/ parking brake microbypass, 2 Kicker 12" subwoofers w/ Sony Xplod 800w amp, Moto Metal 951s, BFG AT 285s, GoRhino Dominator II steps, K&N cold air intake, blue LED interior dome light, white LED interior overhead lights, LEDGlow Blue interior lighting, LED license plate lights, front Fox 2.5 Coilover shocks, Total Chaos UCA's, rear Fox 2.0 adj resi's, Custom 3" Deaver J66 Leaf Springs, Flowmaster 40 muffler, Carbon XP windshield tint, FatMat sound deadening, back-up camera
    After having my Maxtrac spindle lift for quite some time now, I have gotten a mad Taco lean. I have zero preload on either coil, and I might have to crank the left coil over. I'm sitting a whole inch lower on the driver's side! Not sure if shock is blown/needs recharging or if the spring just settled. Seems like a lot of lean. Hopefully a minor adjustment is all it needs.

3. May 20, 2014 at 9:58 AM
    TRDrunner

TRDrunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Victor
    Vacaville
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma TRD Offroad
    Damn that much?? Try adjusting the left side it should help!

4. Sep 5, 2014 at 8:27 AM
    Fiend13

Fiend13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Waddell/Phoenix area
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD O/R DC Prerunner
    sub'd. Really liking that bumper.

5. Apr 12, 2015 at 8:30 PM
    Aldrich09

Aldrich09 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Las Vegasa
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner SR5
    BP Fabricating Raptor style grill, white windshield washers.
    Amazing build! Eventually what I am going for. what exactly is Battle Born Tacomas? If it is a club what are the requirements?

6. Sep 13, 2015 at 7:26 PM
    TacoShredsn

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fresno, CA
    Vehicle:
    Maxtrac spindles, Raptor Style Satoshi Grille, BHLM, HID headlights, Rugged Ridge HID lights, LightForce light locks, custom fabricated off-road bumper, smoked tail lights w/LEDs, Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD double DIN w/ parking brake microbypass, 2 Kicker 12" subwoofers w/ Sony Xplod 800w amp, Moto Metal 951s, BFG AT 285s, GoRhino Dominator II steps, K&N cold air intake, blue LED interior dome light, white LED interior overhead lights, LEDGlow Blue interior lighting, LED license plate lights, front Fox 2.5 Coilover shocks, Total Chaos UCA's, rear Fox 2.0 adj resi's, Custom 3" Deaver J66 Leaf Springs, Flowmaster 40 muffler, Carbon XP windshield tint, FatMat sound deadening, back-up camera
    Previous owner pic (contributed by VegasTaco08):
    [​IMG]

Here she is the very first day I got her at Findlay Toyota in Henderson, NV.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Me and the Taco on our first desert run by the railroads off of Wagonwheel Dr. Henderson, NV.

[​IMG]

Installed the K&N cold air intake. Noticed better throttle response, small HP and mpg gain.

[​IMG]

Invested in an X2 Power Deep Cycle/Dual Purpose battery to help handle all of my accessories.

[​IMG]

Added in a Flowmaster 40 muffler.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Got my FOX 2.5 coilovers with TC UCA's and 2.0 rear resi's installed! :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Sep 13, 2015 at 7:26 PM
    TacoShredsn

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fresno, CA
    Vehicle:
    Installed a new Pioneer AVH-P3100 DVD double DIN head unit and added a Cobra radar detector.

[​IMG]

Two 12" Kickers and Sony Xplod 800 watt amp fits snug behind the seats.

[​IMG]

Replaced the crappy stock bumper with a custom off-road bumper built by Fuel Forged Fabrications. Painted the skid plate white and mounted the Rugged Ridge red ring HID lights. Cranked the coilovers to level with the 2" AAL. :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Got rid of the ToyTec AAL and finally got a hold of some Deaver J66 leaf springs and now she runs the desert like a dream!

[​IMG]

Played around with some white and black Plasti Dip. Derp'd the fuel door black, front emblem white and MotoMetal 951 machined accents & hub caps white.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CoverKing seat covers in blue.

[​IMG]

Added a custom TRD bedside decal.

[​IMG]

Swapped old OEM taillights for the 09+ OEM LED taillights. Rear turn signals and reverse light bulbs are LED making a full LED setup.

[​IMG]

Activated my daytime running lights with the DRL kit from TRDparts4u and put OEM fog lights into the bumper.

[​IMG]

8. Sep 13, 2015 at 7:27 PM
    TacoShredsn

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fresno, CA
    Vehicle:
    After getting 4" up front from the spindle lift, I decided to revamp the rear setup! Swapped my standard Deaver J66 pack for a custom Deaver 11 leaf pack (Thanks to TW: mandzach) giving me 3" of lift in the rear. To compensate for the lift, I swapped my old FOX 2.0s for a pair of All Pro's FOX 2.0 extended rear resi's with adjustable compression and 9.5" of travel! :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Got the letters powder coated white and remounted them to finish the Satoshi.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bumper modified and 30" LED Bar mounted!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  9. Sep 13, 2015 at 7:31 PM
    TacoShredsn

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fresno, CA
    Vehicle:
    Hey everyone! I've been quite busy lately, but I'm back on TW and I'm revamping my build thread a bit plus adding all of my recent mods and updates to fill you all in on what's been going on with the "Dezert Shredder"! I've split my thread up into multiple posts so it's easier to navigate through so that's why you're seeing all of the old stuff. Bear with me, new pics coming soon. (Supercharger and Tire Gate installed! :thumbsup:)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  10. Sep 14, 2015 at 12:57 AM
    TacoShredsn

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fresno, CA
    Vehicle:
    So picking back up from where we left off, I had just started adding things to the front end. After mounting a 30" LED bar, I came across a Sport hood and T-Rex Eyelids. I did a small variation mod and painted the hood scoop insert black.

I then got my B-Pillar wrapped in black vinyl for a sleeker look (by VegasTaco08).

Visited Jerez down in Cali to do the necessary dash cluster LED swap to "cool white" with blue needles.

11. Sep 14, 2015 at 1:19 AM
    TacoShredsn

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fresno, CA
    Vehicle:
    For a while I was running a Flowmaster 40 and it got hung up out on a trail run causing a hole directly into the muffler. Rather than fixing the hole, I went to the shop and had a new setup welded in. I am now loving the sound of my new Magnaflow muffler! Has a deeper, throatier growl than the old Flowmaster.

I eventually came up on an N-Fab Tire Carrier from TW member Lateralus (Steve) and ditched the tailgate so I could have a prerunner style spare setup.

Now that I had room for a full sized spare, I upgraded the setup as a whole and switched the stock spare for a matching full size BFG on a TRD Beadlock wheel. Also ordered a new strap in the color red to replace the old blue one. Gotta love upgrades!

AMH3RST (Mitch) and I took our trucks out to the short course in Primm, NV.

12. Sep 14, 2015 at 1:49 AM
    TacoShredsn

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fresno, CA
    Vehicle:
    And now for the most recent mods!

Added some Raptor-style marker lights into the Satoshi. Amber LED's make great daytime running lights. Also got rid of the bumper hoop for a cleaner look.

I was growing tired of the MotoMetal wheels and the TRD Pro Beadlock wheels had been on my wish list for a LONNNG time. I was lucky enough to get my hands on a set. Here's the before and after:

Last but not least, the TRD supercharger! I heard the news of Toyota discontinuing the blower program so I made sure to have one installed before they were sold out of stock. Let me tell ya, I love the torque and added response. While doing this, I ditched the K&N for the aFe Stage 2 Pro Dry CAI. Extremely happy with the outcome :yay:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
    _gray_knight_ and Pirhett like this.
  13. Sep 14, 2015 at 2:55 AM
    cabo wabo

cabo wabo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    billy
    virginia
    Vehicle:
    2019 dbc short bed trd sport
    :thumbsup:Nice Ride

TacoShredsn[OP] likes this.
  14. Sep 14, 2015 at 3:23 AM
    TacoShredsn

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fresno, CA
    Vehicle:
    Thanks Billy!

15. Sep 20, 2015 at 6:00 PM
    Pirhett

Pirhett Instagram @pirhett_ship

Member:
    First Name:
    Rhett
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Sport 4x4 DCLB MGM
    Stock...
    So sexy! Wish I had that engine bay :/
    What led ambers did you go with?

16. Oct 16, 2015 at 1:46 PM
    _gray_knight_

_gray_knight_ Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    '18 Mall Crawler
    Just washed
  17. Nov 21, 2015 at 9:18 PM
    TacoShredsn

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fresno, CA
    Vehicle:
    You talking about the fogs? I found some really cool ones with the LEDs built into the housing on eBay. I forget who makes them but just search for Tacoma Amber LED fogs and they're the $70 ones. Nice sig FGL ftw!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  18. Nov 21, 2015 at 9:53 PM
    TacoShredsn

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fresno, CA
    Vehicle:

UPDATE: Installed the OEM running boards for a sleeker look. Next mod, McNeil's new 2" fiberglass!

19. Nov 23, 2015 at 3:11 PM
    Pirhett

Pirhett Instagram @pirhett_ship

Member:
    First Name:
    Rhett
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Sport 4x4 DCLB MGM
    Stock...
    thanks man!

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  20. Nov 23, 2015 at 4:07 PM
    Tacoma SS

Tacoma SS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged 09 on 35s
    Boost and flex and 35s
    Nice build man! I'm not too far behind you, planning on doing a lot of similar things in my build

Products Discussed in

To Top