1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by JoeSchmuck, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Mar 2, 2010 at 4:52 PM
    tacomarock

tacomarock Well-Known Member

Member:
    Joe, from my understanding they don't do a lot of installs locally. They only do full installation setups and ship everything else. Anyhow, I have seen their new warehouse/shop. They probably ship 20 - 30 packages daily. When I was there Fedex and post office stopped by for daily pickup. They have a ton of stock. I would bet 50 sub boxes completed and covered with linex and about 100 that still need to be sprayed. ID stuff all over the place and power and speaker wire out the rear. I will see if I can take pics next time I stop by to have rob check out my lighting. Been needing to get by there for a while. I installed some LEDs myself and I was told I may need a relay cause after I installed them my amp does not turn on sometimes. I used the remote wire to turn on the leds. He said the LEDS are probably pulling to much powe. So he is going to add a relay for about $10 to fix the problem.

2. Mar 3, 2010 at 7:52 AM
    JoeSchmuck

JoeSchmuck [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 2x4 O.R., Timberline Green
    Pop & Lock, Access LE Rollup Cover, Alpine PDX-5 Amp, Image Dynamics CS-6/CX-6 & 10" Sub
    Actually that's good new to hear that they have stock available too bad one hasn't been shipped my way. I'm getting rather pissed off right now and thinking about taking action via PayPal because the sub is still not on the mail/FedEx. I really want to initiate that action now but I send him one last email and will be calling in a few minutes. How many weeks does a person have to wait before being forced to take action? It's not the road I want to go down but this is taking too long and I seriously don't feel like I've been unreasonable.

:goingcrazy: Edit: I have emailed Rob and he's taking care of it. I only wish I'd have it for this weekend. I will still start my installation, just leave the sub removed for now.

The remote power on lead from the HU is only capable of suppling a certain amount of power. Without knowing your HU I would say 500ma (Half an AMP). This is fine to turn on the Amp but to actually power something it another thing. The answer is a relay and you have options there. If you haven't already done so, disconnect your LED lights before you blow a fuse inside your HU for the remote on connection. I would use a Solid State Relay (SSR) but you could get away with an automotive relay. If you use a standard relay my advice is to connect it as such...
    1. Remote Wire to (+) Coil contact.
    2. +12 VDC source (could be from your AMP main power source if that's the nearest) to the NO (Normally Open) contact on the relay.
    3. The C (Common) contact on the relay to both your AMP Remote On and your LED Lights.
    4. Ground to (-) Coil contact.

Your result is the HU will activate the relay and the relay will route +12 VDC to both the AMP and LED Lights.

$10.00 is cheap to do that work. That seems like the cost of the materials alone.

3. Mar 3, 2010 at 1:23 PM
    Colinwoods84

Colinwoods84 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2008 Sport Double Black
    I was on the ********* mailer. Its funny cause about a week or two ago i got an email and responded with removing me from the list cause their practices are cheap and shitty. They responded with how they are 6000 customers deep with great results and this that the other thing. Just kinda laughed it off.

Mr. Marv all the way!

4. Mar 3, 2010 at 1:34 PM
    JoeSchmuck

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Pop & Lock, Access LE Rollup Cover, Alpine PDX-5 Amp, Image Dynamics CS-6/CX-6 & 10" Sub
    Live an learn.

5. Mar 3, 2010 at 1:34 PM
    07TacoRidah

07TacoRidah SHHHH, this is interesting

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Base Model Access Cab
    Engine bay: aFe Pro Dry filter Secondary air filter deleted Sokie Tech hood damper kit OReiley battery terminals Big 3 upgrade (0g wiring) 2012 Headlight swap HID kit (headlight 6k/fog light 3k) Sylvania Zevo LED turn signals w/hyper flash resistors Rear back up light GY6 bulb Bullz Audio 0g wire Exterior: Dynamik Retro Projector style headlight housing Depo Euro Black Altezza LED tails 2012 front grill/bumper cover w/ fog light and hood swap Rear bumper swap (to chrome, painted w/bedliner paint) 99 Cents Store tailgate lock Suspension: XR Bilsteins Universal Air Suspension strut bag Custom UCA's DJM 4" rear drop kit 1" spindle spacer kit 4x4 leaf pack swap (middle leaf removed) Air Lift rear helper springs 4 Siria (Asco) 3/8" air valves 3 gallon air tank 1/4' air lines 90's Acura Integra door switches to air valves ViAir 450 air compressor Rims: 18x10 Work VS-KF front w/5" lip 18x11 Work VS-KF rear w/6" lip 225/40/18 tires all around Sick Speed 3 piece spike lug nuts Pepboys valve stem caps 1" wheel spacers all around Interior: Wink Mirror rear view Center console lid fabric Metra Dash kit Kenwood bluetooth headunit Hifonics Zeus ZXi 6410 PB 6 1/2" component speakers up front 10" single Hifonics subwoofer 10" sealed angled box Katana shift knob
    he's moving shop soon, has a bunch of give aways right now. Wish I lived closer so I could fiddle through what I needed.

6. Mar 3, 2010 at 5:31 PM
    tacomarock

Member:
    Or just repeating what you heard? I really like my system. Plus their stuff is 1st class stuff. I could not be happier. When I heard about the "horror" stories I could only find guys saying slow shipping. What happened to you guys on this thread that you had issues with them? I have asked this question 4 times on this board and all people do is point me to some other thread.

7. Mar 4, 2010 at 4:59 AM
    JoeSchmuck

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    For me the first shipment was slow but providing you're not in a real hurry, no big deal. The main issue is I was not informed the sub speaker would be in a seperate shipment, I had to complain that I was missing a component. I was informed it was in a seperate shipment and I responded with asking for the tracking number. A few days passed and I got a tracking number with a delivery date of 4 March. Well the item hasn't even been recieved by FedEx yet and the sub was (as you can read from above) shipped to the wrong address. Now that person is to ship the sub to me. This is so wrong. I only hope the speaker arrives undamaged this month.

I'm under the impression the speaker system is a good set of speakers as well and I've never heard anyone complain before about thier sound quality. This was a major factor in buying these. I never saw problems with folks getting thier order either.

Based on my experience I could not recommend them based on the delivery service. I'm sure there are a lot of good results as well.

8. Mar 4, 2010 at 8:31 AM
    81shark

81shark Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 Base Access CP1
    personally, i've never bought anythign from him. I have had a few conversations with him before he was banned on TN. I didn't care for him. I would say we see at least a complaint a month on here about him. I don't ever recall seeing a complaint about Marv or Cruchfield or anybody else constantly shipping the wrong stuff or the right stuff to the wrong person, or taking a month to ship something.

Rob has developed his reputation and until we stop seeing complaints, i think it is warrented to point out the issues to people looking for tacoma sound parts.

Same topic, different company, I tell anyone and everyone with pets to steer clear of Banfield. Shoddy service, over priced and uncaring would be the words to describe them.

and finally, why is it that somebody that is trying to sell tacoma parts to tacoma drivers was banned from multiple tacoma forums?

9. Mar 4, 2010 at 1:15 PM
    tacomarock

Member:
    shark I think you are making my point.

Before dropping a lot of money on my audio system I went through all the complaints before I bought my system. Seemed like most of the complaining came from guys that had no beef just looking for a reason to say stuff they heard or read.

I agree , they did screw up on Joes order, but does that make a horror story? Looks like they are responding to Joe. Just strange to me out how all these guys are complaining but not one of them from personal experience. Just repeating what I see you guys say, without pics it did not happen. If you don't have beef why you complaining like you the one that "hosed"?

I guess I am just another sucka out of 6K or so customers that is happy with their stuff. They must be doing something right. Rob told me they started in 2005 it is now 2010. Plus I did not see anyone else dedicate an entire site to Toyotas. There are LOTs of members here that have their stuff. I have seen a whole boatload of threads with ********* stuff.

On Banfield, can you provide details on what happened and why we should stay clear?

10. Mar 4, 2010 at 2:56 PM
    81shark

81shark Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 Base Access CP1
    can you explain why he was banned from multiple tacoma related forums? just remember this thread next month when the next problem comes up.

as for banfield, without getting into a long story, i filed a BBB complaint, corp office complaint and put a stop payment on a check. why... because our cat had a problem, they charged a boat load of cash and the problem wasn't fixed. had to go back the next day and they charged more to fix what should have been fixed the prior day.

flash forward a few months and the cat has the same problem again. we go to a real vet and the bill was a 1/3 rd of what banfield orginally charged (half of banfield after you factor in my stop payment) feel free to search the web and you will find lots of complaints there as well.

i will never use Banfield again, nor would i ever order from taco tunes because of the constant stream of threads.

but feel free to keep sticking up for them. or are you them?

11. Mar 5, 2010 at 11:09 AM
    JoeSchmuck

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Damn, the sub is still not in the mail. From my personal experience I will never recommend buying from this place. It doesn't matter how good the products may be if you can't get them. If I don't see something by Tuesday I will dispute this via PayPal. I sent an email stating he should send me one directly, forget about the reroute because apparently that person in MA now has a nice new free sub. Once he knew of the delivery problem he should have sent me a new one and had the other one just returned to him. I don't get it.

You know, I'm being punked or something. This stuff never happens to me. Very comical now.:boom:

12. Mar 5, 2010 at 1:24 PM
    polox40

polox40 Well-Known Member

Member:
    ONTARIO
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT 4X4
    TOYOTA ALUMINUM STEP BAR, 3M HOOD FILM, WEATHERTECH FLOOR MATS, 7" DD WITH BACKUP CAMERA, TRD SEAT COVERS
  13. Mar 5, 2010 at 2:09 PM
    JoeSchmuck

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Virginia
    Vehicle:

14. Mar 5, 2010 at 5:11 PM
    IrishPilot

IrishPilot Well-Known Member

Member:
    MN
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road 4x4 Double Cab
    I was told specifically not to do this if your box is built properly in regards to the sub (proper volume etc.) What do you think?

15. Mar 6, 2010 at 5:37 AM
    JoeSchmuck

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    I guess that is true providing the box really was designed around a specific speaker, but how many boxes are simply labeled for a specific speaker size, i.e. 10". That doesn't mean the boxes volume matches the speakers volume. Here is a little blurb I just found on the internet and I'm certain there are more.

"The sound wave coming off the back of your subwoofer reacts with the air contained in the box. Polyester fiber stuffing slows down sound waves inside the box, making the subwoofer perform as if the box were bigger. Use 1 to 1-1/2 pounds of stuffing per cubic foot of box volume."

I think these forums are a great place to start and grab some advice but if you're going to invest your own money into a building a box, my best advice is to head down to the public library as they should have several books on how to build proper speakers. Also keep in mind, it's been since I was a teenager since I built my only set of speakers from scratch. I learned a lot and at the time, they sounded great. By todays standards they would be crap.

Hope that helps,
    -Joe

16. Dec 14, 2011 at 5:46 PM
    Bobcat10

Bobcat10 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Al
    hay can u send me better pic and measurement of sub

17. Dec 14, 2011 at 5:48 PM
    Bobcat10

Bobcat10 New Member