1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tahuya run?

Discussion in 'North West' started by Jasonstacoma, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Nov 15, 2020 at 11:42 AM
    Jasonstacoma

Jasonstacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    2019 dcsb Barcelona red
    Stock
  2. Nov 15, 2020 at 11:43 AM
    Jasonstacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    2019 dcsb Barcelona red
    Stock
    That was alot of fun everyone! We will have to meet up again.

3. Nov 15, 2020 at 2:58 PM
    Shadowhunter

Shadowhunter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Birdsview Washington
    Vehicle:
    13’ DCSB MT Sport
    Whats under the truck? OME 886’s Nitro Chargers 1/4” top plate spacers 1.5” Icon add-a-leaf for a total of 3” front and rear. 275/80/17 MTR’s SCS Ray10’ URD Stage 2 clutch Heavy Flywheel Clutch Masters Hydro Bering What’s on the front? Cbi bumper steel. Smittybilt X20 10k Under the hood? Ultimate headlight and fog light harnesses 100w/90w H4Headlights 9011 60wHir Fogs Anytime fog mod Northstar Group 34 14.7 Voltage booster Red Line hood struts K&N replacement filter on secondary air pump K&N air cleaner Donbison Snorkle In the cab? Wet Okie seat covers Petal Comander Meso Maps and Dome Molle panels on the consol Flyeyze Under the climate controls,glove box and center consol TRD Logo plates over door latches Weather Tech Floor mats with Custom TRD stickers Weather Tech Rain guards Weather Tech bug shield Full Head liner of patches On the bed? Snug-top Rebel Yakima racks Chinese knock off bat wing awning with walls Water Port Quick Fists Mount Bed Mat Anti theft tail gate bracket Trailer plug relocate Coms? Buofeng Navigation Garmin Alpha 100 ( Hound hunting GPS System) ECGS Bushing Cobra Rx75 Cb Home made sleeping platform with drawers. On the bench waiting to go in? 3* Cam Gears. Powder Coated Valve Covers Custom 3/4” intake spacer
  4. Nov 15, 2020 at 4:08 PM
    stonylaroux

stonylaroux Well-Known Member

Member:
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad
    My email is (removed) if you caught anything of me. I'll post a link to some videos and pics I got soon.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
  5. Nov 15, 2020 at 4:40 PM
    Shadowhunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Birdsview Washington
    Vehicle:
    13’ DCSB MT Sport
    Whats under the truck? OME 886’s Nitro Chargers 1/4” top plate spacers 1.5” Icon add-a-leaf for a total of 3” front and rear. 275/80/17 MTR’s SCS Ray10’ URD Stage 2 clutch Heavy Flywheel Clutch Masters Hydro Bering What’s on the front? Cbi bumper steel. Smittybilt X20 10k Under the hood? Ultimate headlight and fog light harnesses 100w/90w H4Headlights 9011 60wHir Fogs Anytime fog mod Northstar Group 34 14.7 Voltage booster Red Line hood struts K&N replacement filter on secondary air pump K&N air cleaner Donbison Snorkle In the cab? Wet Okie seat covers Petal Comander Meso Maps and Dome Molle panels on the consol Flyeyze Under the climate controls,glove box and center consol TRD Logo plates over door latches Weather Tech Floor mats with Custom TRD stickers Weather Tech Rain guards Weather Tech bug shield Full Head liner of patches On the bed? Snug-top Rebel Yakima racks Chinese knock off bat wing awning with walls Water Port Quick Fists Mount Bed Mat Anti theft tail gate bracket Trailer plug relocate Coms? Buofeng Navigation Garmin Alpha 100 ( Hound hunting GPS System) ECGS Bushing Cobra Rx75 Cb Home made sleeping platform with drawers. On the bench waiting to go in? 3* Cam Gears. Powder Coated Valve Covers Custom 3/4” intake spacer
    Sent hopefully they go through

6. Nov 18, 2020 at 11:21 AM
    stonylaroux

Member:
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    Got it! Thanks!

Here's edited video from my GoPro which has bits of everyone but mostly my truck: https://photos.app.goo.gl/UmjZjqN81Tsx3bB89

@Shadowhunter's video of my stock TRD OR going down a flexy run: https://photos.app.goo.gl/pbpgykZXBjEirp4x5

@Shadowhunter
    Video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/kUqPVLHwXGZ8QkpR7
    IMG_0341.HEIC.jpg

@DoulosXP and @Shadowhunter
    Video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/xbw2P4xUx4c227Ms6

Everyone
    Everyone.jpg

That was a great day of riding! Let me know if any of you want to go again in the future.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    Jasonstacoma[OP] and Pablo8 like this.
  7. Nov 18, 2020 at 12:50 PM
    Shadowhunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Birdsview Washington
    Vehicle:
    13’ DCSB MT Sport
    Rad! Thanks for sharing! I just watch the NW section for runs and show up. I’ve made 3 so far this year and had an awesome time. Max Powell is having a pancake feed, coffee, meet and greet get together at 9:00am Saturday again at Tahuya on 11/21. There’s also a Cars and coffee meet and greet in another thread this weekend down south. I don’t think I’m going to make it back down. Hopefully the last little parts and pieces I need for my diff swaps show up in the mail and I can get my 4:88’s in. It’s killing me I’ve had 3 days off work and I’m waiting on the rear actuator and CV boots for my front end so I’m kinda stuck in limbo.

8. Nov 19, 2020 at 8:24 PM
    fistingfury

fistingfury Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fayetteville, NC
    Vehicle:
    2016 Blue Tacoma TRD OR

I’m headed to Tahuya for that meet and greet 11/21. Hoping some one y’all were gonna be there, looking forward to seeing everyone and their rigs.

Jasonstacoma[OP] likes this.
  9. Nov 19, 2020 at 8:44 PM
    Shadowhunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Birdsview Washington
    Vehicle:
    13’ DCSB MT Sport
    I won’t... I get to work :pout:

10. Nov 27, 2020 at 4:37 PM
    PNWToyo

PNWToyo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD OR 6MT
    Heading out there tomorrow! Haven’t been there before so any tips?? Stock 17 TRD off-road with some duratracs....

fistingfury likes this.
  11. Nov 27, 2020 at 5:01 PM
    stonylaroux

Member:
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    Don't do the big puddles if you haven't done the rear diff breather relocation.

fistingfury likes this.
  12. Nov 27, 2020 at 5:26 PM
    Lost In The Woods

Lost In The Woods 4 out of the 5 voices in my head say go for it!

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Buckley, WA
    Vehicle:
    21 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
    An unusually high amount of pinstriping.
    Even if you've relocated the rear diff breather go easy through the puddles. I know of at least one low miles 3rd gen that ended up with a new engine because of wanting a cool picture.

Traction and fistingfury like this.
  13. Nov 27, 2020 at 7:38 PM
    fistingfury

fistingfury Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fayetteville, NC
    Vehicle:
    2016 Blue Tacoma TRD OR
    It gets tight but nothing the Taco can’t squeeze through. My sliders have definitely paid for themselves already though. Just watch out for roots and rocks. There’s plenty of spaces for bypasses and turnarounds though. I’ve gone there several times and last week was my first time with bigger tires and a bigger suspension. Never had a huge problem rolling stock. But definitely be wary of the bigger puddles. They get deeper than expected.

14. Dec 7, 2020 at 7:47 AM
    tonered

tonered bartheloni

Member:
    First Name:
    tony
    Lynnwood, WA
    A friend and I hit it on Saturday. It was a puckerfest for me. I think we hit most of what was accessible for my stock suspension. I gotta get some sliders though. It would have been a lot easier.

Gmaps didn't track all of it, but . . .
    upload_2020-12-7_7-45-8.jpg

15. Dec 17, 2020 at 9:36 AM
    TopQuark

TopQuark Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Shelton, WA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma TRD OR DCLB AG 4x4
    What do you guys think Tahuya would be like this weekend? Too much water or doable stock if we kept to the bypasses if needed?

16. Dec 17, 2020 at 10:12 PM
    Jasonstacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    2019 dcsb Barcelona red
    Stock
    I bet it's doable

Products Discussed in

To Top