1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

tail gate dents

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Marioso, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Aug 3, 2008 at 5:38 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    Politically correct nonsense.

al·ien [​IMG] [​IMG] Audio Help /ˈeɪl[​IMG]yən, ˈeɪ[​IMG]li[​IMG]ən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[eyl-yuh[​IMG]n, ey-lee-uh[​IMG]n] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –noun
    1.a resident born in or belonging to another country who has not acquired citizenship by naturalization (distinguished from citizen).
    2.a foreigner.
    3.a person who has been estranged or excluded.
    4.a creature from outer space; extraterrestrial. –adjective
    5.residing under a government or in a country other than that of one's birth without having or obtaining the status of citizenship there.
    6.belonging or relating to aliens: alien property.
    7.unlike one's own; strange; not belonging to one: alien speech.
    8.adverse; hostile; opposed (usually fol. by to or from): ideas alien to modern thinking. 9.extraterrestrial.

2. Aug 3, 2008 at 5:39 PM
    it's in coma

it's in coma Well-Known Member

Member:
    in the desert
    Vehicle:
    06 trd off road
    intake and exhaust
    two words: dry ice...

3. Aug 3, 2008 at 5:44 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    Quit trying to stay on topic.

:p

We do need to take this up in another forum, though. It's WAY OT.

4. Aug 3, 2008 at 5:46 PM
    it's in coma

Member:
    in the desert
    Vehicle:
    06 trd off road
    intake and exhaust
    all right... you got me:D.

5. Aug 3, 2008 at 6:08 PM
    YCPaul530

YCPaul530 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yuba City, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4
    K&N Series 77 Cold Air Intake Borla Cat Back Exhaust Tinted Windows 5100's rear shocks Deaver 10 leaf pack 5100's and OME coil front lift HID headlights tinted Taillights 17x9 XD Addicts 295/75/17 Toyo MT's Grillcraft BHLM LED interior/exterior lights LED gauges (PRS Gauges)
    So I'm assuming all your ancestors were born in the U.S.??? because if any of them have not, you are descendent of "ALIENS" uh oh! So AGAIN if you are Native American, I am wrong, but I'm assuming your not...Correct me if I'm wrong

6. Aug 3, 2008 at 6:25 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    I think you get the assumption that we are being racist? I'm pretty sure if you ask anybody on this forum what they think of a person from another country who came here legally to make a better life for themselves, I'm pretty sure the answers you hear will be very similar.

How effective is the "dry ice" method? It seems pretty odd to me, but I have yet to see it done.

7. Aug 3, 2008 at 7:30 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    I must laugh at the Native American argument. There is a large difference between people whose families immigrated here hundreds of years ago and somebody who illegally hoped a fence into this country.

Fact of the matter is, if you illegally immigrated here, your are an illegal immigrant. There are no ifs, ands, or buts in this situation. Your either a legal citizin or you're not.

8. Aug 3, 2008 at 8:39 PM
    it's in coma

Member:
    in the desert
    Vehicle:
    06 trd off road
    intake and exhaust
    all right...still trying to stay on topic here... so Derek, here you go:
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/12305-dry-ice-dent-removal.html

9. Aug 3, 2008 at 8:55 PM
    derekabraham

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Thank you very much! :D

10. Aug 3, 2008 at 10:30 PM
    Marioso

Marioso [OP] Risueno

Member:
    San diego Ca
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota Fj Cruiser
    at the end of the day you all might be mad because we have illegals in the country...and getting access isnt the easiest thing...i cant go to mexico and find a good paying job so i cant blame them for coming over here and making a difference...i know good immigrants who work hard and do right...ive never met an illegal criminal so i cant really relate...but at the end of the day if i have a family in mexico and were doing shitty and the only way to keep food on the table is to go to the u.s and find work...im going to damn sure do it because as the man of the family u must provide, and when u have kids and a wife depending on you, you are going to do everything in your power to help them. some of you are angry at them but put urselves in their position and youll know how they feel and why they do what they do...i know after this message ill get things like "oh but there are work programs" shit if my families in need im not going to wait in line.

11. Aug 4, 2008 at 10:58 AM
    YCPaul530

Member:
    Yuba City, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4
    K&N Series 77 Cold Air Intake Borla Cat Back Exhaust Tinted Windows 5100's rear shocks Deaver 10 leaf pack 5100's and OME coil front lift HID headlights tinted Taillights 17x9 XD Addicts 295/75/17 Toyo MT's Grillcraft BHLM LED interior/exterior lights LED gauges (PRS Gauges)
    Nice to see someone took my post off dismissing sooo many points argued, Nice job! I Think illegal means you are commiting a crime, doing something harmful. When you come to a country to better not only yourself but the country, your not illegal. People who argue against this have no right to because they probly never been in a 3rd world country starving and w/o employment opportunities. Say whatever you want, it means nothing to me.

12. Aug 4, 2008 at 11:04 AM
    YCPaul530

Member:
    Yuba City, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4
    You are right! you were here BEFORE Europeans, your a native. Anything AFTER, your an immigrant. Pretty damn simple. and AGAIN, not only Mexicans are undocumented, but they are the most picked on ^^^(hopped* a fence, no one hoped fences) Canadians are the largest population of "illegals" but they look lik you! (no offense) Therefore, they get no heat. but Mr. Confederate flag man, I live in CA so mentalities are different I suppose

13. Aug 4, 2008 at 11:16 AM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    The conversation is not about immigration, but ILLEGAL immigration. The native American argument is really a moot point in this situation.

Do you care to show your sources as to where you are claiming that Canadians are the largest population of illegal immigrants?

The problem I have is not with Mexicans or Canadians, it when people enter my country illegally.

14. Aug 4, 2008 at 11:42 AM
    YCPaul530

Member:
    Yuba City, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4
    It is difficult to Demonstrate this, however the experts guess. The reason is what I have already said, they are typically white, speak english, and therefore hard to detect. Unlike mexicans however, check this out:

"No one knows how many illegal immigrants from Canada currently reside in the United States. And it is extremely difficult to find out since Canadians, unlike Mexicans, look and speak just like normal Americans. The fact that they are able to blend in so easily makes them, in my mind, even more threatening to our way of life than immigrants from other countries."

"The effect of Canadians on our economy is devastating. Unlike Mexicans, Canadians take jobs from Americans that Americans actually want. Another way Canadians are destabilizing our economy is by replacing our money with theirs. How many times have you gotten change in a store only to realize when you get home that you were given a practically worthless Canadian penny or dime"

I learned about this in School, professors had their sources, I dont know what they were, dig deeper and you will find what you want.

15. Aug 4, 2008 at 11:45 AM
    derekabraham

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    I've never been given Canadian money in change, not even in any US-Canada border cities (unless I was in Canada, obviously). I have however recieved a few pesos from a McDonald's by the Mexican border.

LOOK A TACOMA TAILGATE!
    dannytruck012_fcf5608eb484d29e1188d0e1ad4429f4660256c1.jpg

16. Aug 4, 2008 at 11:48 AM
    tacoskim

tacoskim Tuned By Gadget

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD 4x4 Pyrite Mica
    Stock
    will a moderator please close this thread... ive had enough of this shit already

17. Aug 4, 2008 at 2:16 PM
    it's in coma

Member:
    in the desert
    Vehicle:
    06 trd off road
    intake and exhaust
    ^^^^unsubscribe the thread...:popcorn:

18. Sep 14, 2009 at 6:44 PM
    blatant

blatant Well-Known Member

Member:

They are native to AR? Arkansas? Learn new shit everyday.

I'll have to try the dry ice, as i do have a tail gate dent.

And why are people defending illegal entry to the country? WTF?

Why close the thread? Sand in your vag?

19. Sep 14, 2009 at 7:02 PM
    Raven65

Raven65 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Camden, SC
    Vehicle:
    '09 Magnetic Gray Reg Cab 5-Lug
    Curt hitch, D-rings, bed mat
    I have absolutely NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER with immigrants who come here legally and pay taxes & social security (like I have to do) and obey all of our other laws this country expects its citizens to in exchange for the MANY advantages and opportunities it provides. That's how my ancestors came here. Anybody who sneaks across the border illegally and takes advantage of our system without contributing to it should be prosecuted and deported. Period. Wanna live here? Play by the rules... it's that simple.

Getting back on topic... the sheet metal on our tail gates (and the rest of the truck for that matter) is pretty thin and dents very easily. The flipside of that is there also pretty easy for the paintless dent repair guy to get out.

Products Discussed in

To Top