1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tail light tint advice

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by francis1291, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Oct 11, 2010 at 7:29 PM
    zeeya2000

zeeya2000 Cajun Taceaux

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Bad-Ass PreRunner
    Flowmaster super 10 series turndowns/ Volant CAI system/ Alpine deck, Alpine bass speakers throughtout with tweeters, Alpine PLT-5 Sub/ Blacked out front bumper and door handles/ 5% and 20% tint/ Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks all the way around with a 1.5'' block lift in the rear/ also removed my running boards and mudflaps/ Blacked out badges - TRD windshield banner - TRD third brake light cover (all courtesy of SockMonkey)
    i "thought" also that was my mistake. i only did two coats and mine were dark as hell.

2. Oct 11, 2010 at 7:31 PM
    StormTrooper

StormTrooper Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    08 Base Flowmaster Super 44 w/ K&N drop in
    Bed Cap,K&N Air Filter,Chrome Pieces,Flowmaster Exhaust,Neon on inside, Heavy Duty Custom Floormats ( Tacoma ), Tint 20%, Blue license plate lights, Various decals, LED Projector Halos headlights, JVC head unit stereo
    i did mine months ago, never clear coated it and they still look brandnew. knock on wood...

3. Oct 12, 2010 at 6:57 AM
    Who Dat Popcorn

Who Dat Popcorn Dafuq

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    Sold :/
    SOLD
    Damn dude, those are dark as all hell. I got pulled a few weeks ago and got a ticket. Luckily I had an extra pair of tails.

Get some paint thinner and get the paint off. Be careful with this stuff though, lol. It could damage your tails, so use it at your own risk.

It should take the tint off, allowing you to start over. Or if you dont want to use it, then sand the tails down till you get them to how light you want.

But the only reason I got a ticket for my tails was because I was originally pulled for my window tint. I went a whole year and never got pulled for my tails.

4. Oct 12, 2010 at 4:38 PM
    francis1291

francis1291 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    10 4x4 SR5 super white
    3" procomp lift wit 20" rockstars on 33 toyo mt's
    just put them back on my truck. here they are [​IMG]....i think that is a good amount of light and its not even dark outside yet

5. Oct 14, 2010 at 10:03 AM
    zeeya2000

zeeya2000 Cajun Taceaux

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Bad-Ass PreRunner
    Flowmaster super 10 series turndowns/ Volant CAI system/ Alpine deck, Alpine bass speakers throughtout with tweeters, Alpine PLT-5 Sub/ Blacked out front bumper and door handles/ 5% and 20% tint/ Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks all the way around with a 1.5'' block lift in the rear/ also removed my running boards and mudflaps/ Blacked out badges - TRD windshield banner - TRD third brake light cover (all courtesy of SockMonkey)
    you would have to use a very light or mild paint thinner. the heavyduty stuff will tear up the tail lights

Products Discussed in

To Top