1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tail Lights and Interior LEDs

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Maiden92, Nov 26, 2023.

1. Nov 26, 2023 at 9:18 PM
    Maiden92

Maiden92 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    So I’ve had my 1st gen for a little under a week and I am really enjoying it. Coming from a 3rd gen I didn’t know what to expect other than 1st gen reliability was my main factor of making the leap. But I am very happy with my decision. However one thing I miss is the brighter lighting all around of my previous Tacoma. I had the OEM LED headlights and VLEDs taillights. I am driving in the city so light bars and not an option.

Are there any headlights or led/hid light bulbs you all recommend?

Taillights? Or tail light bulbs? Specifically reverse bulbs. My old reverse lights felt as if I had headlights in the rear too.

And last but not least is interior lighting. Any nice LED sets out there or is everyone sourcing them individually?

I found the thread with all the bulb sizes but if there are some tried and tested ones you all recommend I would appreciate the input.

2. Nov 28, 2023 at 11:55 AM
    snopyro

snopyro Well-Known Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    '03 Limited 4x4 - Black n Tan
    Snugtop shell
    https://www.superbrightleds.com/vehicle?find=2002-toyota-tacoma-5636806&sid=Gxg3vIMPcN
    I got replacement climate/instrument cluster bulbs from them as well... lots of colors to choose from.

LED headlight bulbs from Amazon are bright and will last 1-2 years for a piercing white light that cuts through the dark (and cloudy plastic headlamps). Others suggest the higher wattage H4 bulb upgrade (search this forum) which has the warmer, tint of off white/yellow hue, but work just as well. (I tried both and think the off-white H4 route is safer if you drive through falling white snow.

There are some LED switchbacks that you can either put in the front turn signals. Some update the front corner lamps to become their blinker if they replace the lower turn signals to be used as fog lamps.

Lots of options to choose from... good luck!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2023
  3. Nov 28, 2023 at 1:19 PM
    THatt

THatt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Upstate SC
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma 2.7L MT 4X4
    I put LED headlights, cabin light and reverse lights. All from Amazon. Happy with those and plenty bright. LED reverse lights I picked up from local part stores were junk, sylvania I think. Believe you have to splice in resistors for tail/blinker lights. Plenty of info online for that but I didn’t see the need to pursue those. These are the headlights. Don’t recall exact reverse and cabin light.
    https://www.amazon.com/Headlights-Headlamps-Cherokee-Wrangler-Corvette/dp/B07DVJ8JLK

4. Nov 28, 2023 at 1:40 PM
    snopyro

snopyro Well-Known Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    '03 Limited 4x4 - Black n Tan
    Snugtop shell
    For the hyperflashing LED bulbs, you can buy a new relay from Amazon which will make the LEDs blink at a normal rate.

5. Nov 28, 2023 at 7:03 PM
    snoozer_z_zz

snoozer_z_zz New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2001 SR5 Access Cab

Products Discussed in

To Top