1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

tailgate cam

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by trd4us, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Nov 22, 2008 at 2:42 PM
    cmytacoma

cmytacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Humboldt county NORCAL
    Vehicle:
    05 black DC LB sport
    Eclipse AVN 6620, Diamond audio 4.5" component in kicks, center channel with same mid and 2 tweets, infinity kappa perfect component 6.1 in front doors, kappa 6.1 coax in rear, sx900.4, fosgate power 1000, 06 L7 in ported box. BHLM, custom made sliders,
    JDCPA is right on the money with this. They made all the tailgates the same to save on cost, just didn't install the mirror with the hidden LCD.(the monitor is always the bulk of the cost) I've also seen another guy on these forums selling just the mirror you would need. If you don't want it what color is your truck I'll trade you tailgates and hook it up to my nav. 7" screen is better then 3.5 or 2.4:) There are also a few people on here complaining how toyota screwed up and didn't make it a lockable tailgate. The problem with this is that the tailgates fit all 05-08 models and now you are seeing 09 tailgates dissapearing. This is the best selling truck in it's class so there is alot of people out there with the older year but same style with camera envy and are stealing them:mad: Little do they know that the expensive part is the monitor and these cameras can be found for dirt cheap now.:confused: I hope they all get caught! the last thing i'd want is a happy customer come in one day and tell me a story how they just had their tailgate stolen in a Wal Mart parking lot

Products Discussed in

To Top