1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tailgate stolen....FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

Discussion in 'Texas' started by 8th sin, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Jul 27, 2010 at 1:07 PM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    How many threads are there about whole Chevy trucks being stolen? It's obviously as easy to steal a whole Chevy truck as it is to steal an unsecured Tacoma tailgate as often as Chevy trucks top the 10 most stolen vehicle lists. That may be why there are no threads about missing tailgates on Chevy forums......either that or a Tacoma tailgate fetches thieves as much money as a whole chevy truck does.

2. Jul 27, 2010 at 1:11 PM
    rob1

rob1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    Indigo Blue DblCab 4X4 Long Bed TRD Sport SR5
    Tail gate mod, locking gas cap, locking spare tire, rear spring tsb,Weathertech Digital fit's
    Sorry to here that bro, I'd be ticked off :mad:
    Hope everything works out soon! Keep us posted!!

3. Jul 27, 2010 at 1:15 PM
    8th sin

8th sin [OP] Swollen Member

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCLB 4x4 Sport
    Llumar CTX Tint, Grillcraft MX Upper, Pro Comp Rockwell 5034 17x8.5, Nitto Terra Grappler G2 LT285/70/17, Icon Stage III
    that made my shitty day a tad better lol

4. Jul 27, 2010 at 4:04 PM
    Muy Grande

Muy Grande Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.

Man this sucks! I'm sure there have been some theives around my apartment complex, I think they tried to steal my tailgate but I had the clamps. Instead just got a huge dent on the side of my truck (they kicked in my rear driver's side panel). I guess it pissed them off since they couldn't steal it.

Anyway, get your stuff done at Toyota of Dallas and befriend those guys! Talk to Chris King (he used to be over the Collision Department). I've had my truck serviced there 2 times (kicked in rear panel and rear ended). They provide a lifetime coverage on workmanship. And they are usually cheaper than Toyota of Irving when it comes to parts, service, time, basically everything. I know Irving is close and seams convienient but save yourself the headache with those guys.

Good luck on the tailgate and if you need back up (if you find this A-Hole on Craigslist) I'll go with you to check it out.

5. Jul 29, 2010 at 11:08 AM
    8th sin

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCLB 4x4 Sport
    Llumar CTX Tint, Grillcraft MX Upper, Pro Comp Rockwell 5034 17x8.5, Nitto Terra Grappler G2 LT285/70/17, Icon Stage III
    finally some good news... my new tailgate should be ready for pickup tomorrow or saturday.

and....I was speaking with my claim rep earlier this week and she asked if there were any products on the market to prevent this, and that if there was they would happily pay for it. I told her I had already ordered the EZ clamps and since they were so cheap that it wasn't worth the time. It didn't come across my mind at the time but I was looking at power Pop n Locks today, and figured I would ask and see if they'd pick up the tab for one, and sure enough they said they would!

Now if only I could work out that electric shock tailgate mod....

6. Jul 29, 2010 at 11:19 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    It's called a tasergate. That's cool that they'd pay for the pop n loc.

7. Aug 30, 2010 at 3:52 PM
    CrUnKjU!c3

CrUnKjU!c3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Amit
    Anaheim,CA
    Vehicle:
    08 Double-cab Prerunner Tacoma
    fiberwerx front and rear baja fenders 6'' bulge.Have 2.5'' lift spacer untill i have enough cash to get LT from camburg. have a tiregate and prerunner bar. Installed a AFE stage II intake. Gearing for 35'' tires.
    ooo sorry man that sucks...you looking to buy a new one?

8. Aug 30, 2010 at 8:17 PM
    8th sin

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCLB 4x4 Sport
    nah, I got a new one through the dealer on my insurance. thanks though

Products Discussed in

To Top