1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tampa area trails

Discussion in 'Florida' started by silverod, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Jun 8, 2013 at 5:52 PM
    Taco No Baka

Taco No Baka Interco Tire Snob

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    1998 SR5 Xtra Cab 4WD V6 Spartan Package
    OME 3" lift with Dakar rear leaves and 883 front coils. 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL/SXs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, 4.88s and an Eaton True Trac LSD up front, 4.88s and a Detroit Locker in the rear, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 3' Firestik Firefly, Garmin GPS, HiLift Jack, Flush-mount LED pod lights in rear bumper, 28" light bar in the front bumper, rear shock relocation (Ruff Stuff brackets), u-bolt flip with Ruff Stuff Anti-wrap perches, CBI rear frame reinforcements, 10" travel Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, heavy duty front crossmember made by Allenfab, Rear shock mounts/crossmember (for upper mounts), spring perches, frame plates, and front crossmember welded in by Allenfab, CBI Ditch Light Brackets, Ditch Light Pods. AllenFab Custom Hybrid front bumper and recovery points. Drivetrain lifted 2" in conjunction with a 2" BL. Modified Trail Gear transmission crossmember/skid. Warn Xeon 10K winch. Large left side body mod.
    I'm basically stock. I have a 2 inch lift, but stock-sized 31" BFG Mall Terrains and open diffs. I was able to make it up everything I tried there. (This is not to say I tried it all and I'm sure there was stuff out there that was a little too extreme for me. And the bonus trip to A-pit down the road kicked my arse a couple of times.) There was also two 2wd Prerunners with us. They did okay on some of the smaller stuff. Mike was able to do some amazing climbs with his non-locked 2wd.

The only damage I took was a bent pinch weld on the bottom of the cab do to running over a rather large bolder I couldn't see because it was on the passenger side and all I could see out of the windshield was sky. I received a similar Badge of Honor at A-pit. No big deal. You can't even see it unless you get down to look under the truck. Oh and I put a nice little dent in the bottom corner of my front factory skid. I did ding my wheels up in a couple of places and might have scraped off a wheel weight, but that's the extent of my carnage. And I was thankful to receive it, since it was my first time doing this sort of wheeling and without a great guy like Thomas (2010TRD) teaching me the ropes, it could have been a lot worse. :thumbsup:

2. Jun 8, 2013 at 6:01 PM
    Aiwha

Aiwha Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fawaz
    Gainesville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    '12 PreRunner Sport DCSB
    Black Steelcraft Bull Bar, Black Steelcraft Nerf Bar
    Naw man. You'll be fine at hardrock. I have a 2012 and everything is stock except I installed a bull guard and side steps. I was even runnin those Dunlop AT20 tires that came with the truck and made it up everything the 4WDs did except like two hills that I didn't even try. If I had mud tires, though, I woulda given it a shot!

3. Jun 8, 2013 at 8:53 PM
    HombreSteven

HombreSteven Needs money for mods

Member:
    Tampa
    Vehicle:
    2011 Reg cab 4x4
    K&N air filter, Aries bull bar; not much YET
    Sweet that sounds great. :D thanks guys :cool:

4. Jun 8, 2013 at 9:06 PM
    HombreSteven

HombreSteven Needs money for mods

Member:
    Tampa
    Vehicle:
    2011 Reg cab 4x4
    K&N air filter, Aries bull bar; not much YET
  5. Jul 28, 2013 at 6:29 AM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    OME 3" lift with Dakar rear leaves and 883 front coils. 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL/SXs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, 4.88s and an Eaton True Trac LSD up front, 4.88s and a Detroit Locker in the rear, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 3' Firestik Firefly, Garmin GPS, HiLift Jack, Flush-mount LED pod lights in rear bumper, 28" light bar in the front bumper, rear shock relocation (Ruff Stuff brackets), u-bolt flip with Ruff Stuff Anti-wrap perches, CBI rear frame reinforcements, 10" travel Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, heavy duty front crossmember made by Allenfab, Rear shock mounts/crossmember (for upper mounts), spring perches, frame plates, and front crossmember welded in by Allenfab, CBI Ditch Light Brackets, Ditch Light Pods. AllenFab Custom Hybrid front bumper and recovery points. Drivetrain lifted 2" in conjunction with a 2" BL. Modified Trail Gear transmission crossmember/skid. Warn Xeon 10K winch. Large left side body mod.
    This is just a tentative feeler to see how much interest there is. Who would be interested in taking a trip out to the Richloam WMA to do some trail riding some Saturday in September or early October (7th or 14th before Archery Season starts)?

I haven't been to Richloam for about 12 years or so, so I'm not sure what exactly to expect, but I did scout out some interesting looking trails in Goggle Earth (imagery date 3/2013). I imagine it'll be a little wetter than the imagery indicates due to the time of year, but that's fun too.

By that time I should be lifted on 33" Super Swampers, so my truck should be very capable.

Let me know if you're interested.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  6. Jul 30, 2013 at 2:44 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    So...

Nobody is interested in a Richloam ride?

Products Discussed in

To Top