1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tampa Bay Area Tacomas BS Thread

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Taco No Baka, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Jul 28, 2018 at 1:12 PM
    Chriscahueque

Chriscahueque Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bradenton Florida
    Vehicle:
    2018 tundra.. sorry guys
    22x12's
    2nd and 3rd gens

2. Aug 6, 2018 at 9:11 AM
    Taco No Baka

Taco No Baka [OP] Interco Tire Snob

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    1998 SR5 Xtra Cab 4WD V6 Spartan Package
    OME 3" lift with Dakar rear leaves and 883 front coils. 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL/SXs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, 4.88s and an Eaton True Trac LSD up front, 4.88s and a Detroit Locker in the rear, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 3' Firestik Firefly, Garmin GPS, HiLift Jack, Flush-mount LED pod lights in rear bumper, 28" light bar in the front bumper, rear shock relocation (Ruff Stuff brackets), u-bolt flip with Ruff Stuff Anti-wrap perches, CBI rear frame reinforcements, 10" travel Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, heavy duty front crossmember made by Allenfab, Rear shock mounts/crossmember (for upper mounts), spring perches, frame plates, and front crossmember welded in by Allenfab, CBI Ditch Light Brackets, Ditch Light Pods. AllenFab Custom Hybrid front bumper and recovery points. Drivetrain lifted 2" in conjunction with a 2" BL. Modified Trail Gear transmission crossmember/skid. Warn Xeon 10K winch. Large left side body mod.
  3. Aug 6, 2018 at 9:30 AM
    catastrofe

catastrofe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Montrose, CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 F350 Tremor
    Anyone local interested in a Diamondback SE cover (short bed) with 70” Yakima aero loadbars? If so, please PM me.

0DFEEF23-FD81-4E69-ADCD-B52F3E76395C.jpg

4. Aug 10, 2018 at 1:15 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    OME 3" lift with Dakar rear leaves and 883 front coils. 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL/SXs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, 4.88s and an Eaton True Trac LSD up front, 4.88s and a Detroit Locker in the rear, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 3' Firestik Firefly, Garmin GPS, HiLift Jack, Flush-mount LED pod lights in rear bumper, 28" light bar in the front bumper, rear shock relocation (Ruff Stuff brackets), u-bolt flip with Ruff Stuff Anti-wrap perches, CBI rear frame reinforcements, 10" travel Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, heavy duty front crossmember made by Allenfab, Rear shock mounts/crossmember (for upper mounts), spring perches, frame plates, and front crossmember welded in by Allenfab, CBI Ditch Light Brackets, Ditch Light Pods. AllenFab Custom Hybrid front bumper and recovery points. Drivetrain lifted 2" in conjunction with a 2" BL. Modified Trail Gear transmission crossmember/skid. Warn Xeon 10K winch. Large left side body mod.
    Oi, any of you guys within driving distance of Tampa have a set of A/C gauges and the knowledge to use them? I suspect I might have been sabotaged. Either that or my evaporator is packed full of crap, but my A/C was blowing cold before I took it for the alignment and it wasn't when I left and the tech did drive it around the corner out of my sight and was gone for a suspiciously long time. I'm suspecting he let the refrigerant out so they could sell me some supposedly leaking very expensive part. Since pretty much my entire A/C system is about 2 or 3 years old with very few miles on it, I'm seriously thinking sabotage.

Trd sport tacoma and TacoTRD78 like this.
  5. Aug 10, 2018 at 1:59 PM
    catastrofe

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Montrose, CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 F350 Tremor
    That sucks if true...

6. Aug 10, 2018 at 2:07 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    That it does. I just compared The OGT with Natty. The OGT stabilized at about 53.3*, getting warmer when the compressor cycled and then cooling back down, but it never went below 53.3*. The 3rd Gen T4R got down to 41* and was still dropping when I shut it down due to my fingers holding the thermometer getting cold. Both were stilling still with only the fan pulling air through the condenser.

It is possible than there's a bunch of crap in my evaporator from wheeling, but the fact that it was blowing cold when I got to the alignment shop and it wasn't when I left is pretty suspicious.

7. Aug 23, 2018 at 7:35 PM
    RedDeadTaco

RedDeadTaco The Hipster Woodsman

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Aiken, SC
    Vehicle:
    '16 Barcelona Red OR
    Mobtown Sliders, Aluminum Skids Bilstein 6112/Extended 5100’s Iron Man constant load leafs JBA High Caster UCA’s Diamond Back Tonneau 285/75/r16 Cooper STT Pros Method 702’s Uptop Overland Alpha Roof Rack
    Hey everybody, I'm new to being an avid tacomaworld user (long time lurker). Wondering if anybody is having any mod days planned? I got some fogs i want to install on my SR but i don't have the knowledge of taking of my steering wheel to put in the light switch stalk.

Jim=2015 TRD PRO likes this.
  8. Aug 24, 2018 at 3:35 AM
    TacoTRD78

TacoTRD78 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Stuart,fl
    Vehicle:
    15 tacoma trd off road
    4X Innovations Sliders Tech deck Bilstein 5100's OME 885 CB radio install Rear diff breather mod After market front bumper lights Redline hood struts Shorty antenna door seal protectors Glove box/ Center console motion light Trailer harness plug relocation mod/Edit SOS HC rear bumper Ditch mount Lights with CBI brackets morimoto fog lights
    Welcome a board what part of FL

9. Aug 24, 2018 at 8:01 AM
    RedDeadTaco

RedDeadTaco The Hipster Woodsman

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Aiken, SC
    Vehicle:
    '16 Barcelona Red OR
    Mobtown Sliders, Aluminum Skids Bilstein 6112/Extended 5100’s Iron Man constant load leafs JBA High Caster UCA’s Diamond Back Tonneau 285/75/r16 Cooper STT Pros Method 702’s Uptop Overland Alpha Roof Rack
    Temple Terrace, USF area

10. Aug 24, 2018 at 8:46 AM
    TacoTRD78

TacoTRD78 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Stuart,fl
    Vehicle:
    15 tacoma trd off road
    4X Innovations Sliders Tech deck Bilstein 5100's OME 885 CB radio install Rear diff breather mod After market front bumper lights Redline hood struts Shorty antenna door seal protectors Glove box/ Center console motion light Trailer harness plug relocation mod/Edit SOS HC rear bumper Ditch mount Lights with CBI brackets morimoto fog lights
    Gotcha maybe some of the guys that are closer could possibly lend a helping hand

11. Aug 24, 2018 at 9:59 AM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    I'm pretty close to you in the Forest Hills area, but I can tell you right now I don't know crap about 3rd Gens, haha. Sorry. That, and wiring is one of the things I would politely decline to help with...sort of like @allenfab and welding body sheet metal and exhaust pipes. :D

---

As an update to my particular issue, my A/C low pressure cap did look a little cleaner than the rest of the crap under the hood. I unscrewed it and it had pressure behind it indicating a leaking valve core, which was in fact a little loose when I checked it with my valve core tool. I also dumped an entire can of refrigerant (1.25 lbs) into the system that I'm guessing (going by the sticker in the T4R since mine seems to be missing) is supposed to hold a max of 1.53 lbs...and it only went halfway into the green "filled" range on the gauge. It is blowing colder now but it's still not as cold as the T4R. However, it did dip into the high 40s on my thermometer so I'm going to ride with it for a while and see how it feels. I definitely think that tech tried to screw me. Both the guys I normally deal with would have known better.

Of course, now I'm not sure what to do about it. I've had both my vehicles in there several times and always dealt with the same counter guy and the same tech. They've taken good care of me even though they were a little frustrated with my truck being difficult to align. The tech this time was a different guy. I don't know if he was also the A/C tech and was trying to set me up for A/C work to make himself some easy money on his own, or if it was in collusion with management. If it was just the tech being shady, I'd keep bringing them my business as long as that guy never touched my truck again, but it it was in collusion, none of them would get my business again. I can't be certain though so I'm not sure what course I should take. Should I let the one bad experience dictate my decision, or should I consider it an aberration and give them another shot...as long as that tech doesn't get near my truck?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    Soul Surfer and Trd sport tacoma like this.
  12. Aug 24, 2018 at 11:34 AM
    IPNPULZ

IPNPULZ Well-Known Member

Member:
    Deeper in the South…….
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Off Road Premium 4R
    going to be fun!
    ^^^ time for a hidden cam under the hood....

Trd sport tacoma likes this.
  13. Aug 24, 2018 at 5:49 PM
    Trd sport tacoma

Trd sport tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    I’d probably still use them barring that tech never touched your truck again and you’ve had a good repore with the shop till recently!

14. Aug 26, 2018 at 5:35 AM
    Trd sport tacoma

Member:
    Big thanks to @Taco No Baka for helping me out with the install of these replica F-series cab lights!! :thumbsup:634DE703-8ED0-4272-8F05-1760A4009DB4.jpg96F1A843-614A-48F4-BBE1-06A4D0844CC7.jpg

15. Aug 26, 2018 at 6:38 AM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    No problem Rick. :thumbsup: Here's the video you took the other morning where we can see them a lot better. They really look good on the 2nd Gens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bamjshzxn1w

16. Aug 26, 2018 at 7:47 AM
    Trd sport tacoma

Member:
    Thanks lee and yes I agree :thumbsup:

17. Aug 26, 2018 at 8:30 PM
    Timbo's Customs

Timbo's Customs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Timothy
    Lakeland FL
    Vehicle:
    2019 f250 6”lift 37s deleted 1997 T4r, tons and 4ds
    1997 t4r has super duty axles, 5.13s locked front and rear. 3 link front with 14" kings. Rear 63s.
  18. Sep 7, 2018 at 8:46 AM
    SmurfinTaco

SmurfinTaco Member

Member:
    Tampa, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2018 Blue Tacoma SR5 DCSB
    Tyger Star Armor Sliders Lamin-X Fog Covers
    Any recommendations on window tinting locations in Hillsborough/Pinellas? I’m looking to have the fronts tinted to match the rear privacy windows. Thanks in advance.

19. Sep 7, 2018 at 8:53 AM
    Soul Surfer

Soul Surfer J!m! Was Last Seen: Roam in’ Around…

Member:
    First Name:
    J!M!
    West Central Florida Coast
    I’ve had great results from this place. It’s in Largo.
    https://www.windowkotelargo.com/

Trd sport tacoma and TacoTRD78 like this.
  20. Sep 7, 2018 at 9:04 AM
    catastrofe

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Montrose, CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 F350 Tremor
    I've used Bay Area Detailing in Clearwater for both tint and ceramic coatings. Highly recommended. . .speak with Adam Bowles:

http://bayareadetailing.com/contact-us/

SmurfinTaco[QUOTED] likes this.
To Top