1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

"Taquito " start up

Discussion in 'Street Trucks' started by That4runnerguy, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Apr 16, 2016 at 9:30 PM
    That4runnerguy

That4runnerguy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Newport News Va
    Vehicle:
    04 ltd 4runner
    Mid travel icon coilovers Spc uppers soon to go Mt spec icon 2.5 rears with cdc clicky things , mt dual rate 3" springs Mt rear control arms, bump ext , stainless ext rear brake lines , stainless braided front lines . Ebc stage five rotors , yellow stuff pads Tc spindle braces , alignment tabs Volant CAI Optima red top with custom battery cage Method standards , 285 duracraps ShrockWorks front bumper Cbi rear swingout Full rci skids , icon lower shock gaurd , opr link guards , lr diff skid Updated 09 projector head lights sylvania bulbs and color matched + led tai lights .Grill to come Weather tech mats , window louvers Cobra 75, fire stick antenna Cbi ditch light brackets Warn m8000 with factor55 flat link , and southeast overland synthetic line . Otrattw switches Bamf sliders
    Well it's not much yet but I've started want to post as I go instead of all at once .So I bought an 07 base Tacoma aka "taquito ".Got it from a One owner older guy work truck.The paint is shot and a little body damage on it.However , inside was mint zero rust on the frame engine bay clean and runs and shifts like a top.

Goals are to front end swap , satoshi grill ,led tails, color match bumpers ,mirrors , and handles . Mild lowering kit 3/4 something like that , window tint upgrade some interior stuff with higher package parts . Black head light mod with retro fit ,Add a hitch and oil cooler , Some nice wheels and after front end swap get it painted .

When I got the truck 11/12/15 replaced spark plugs (95k miles ) afe drop in filter removed charcoal filter .

So far 04/17/16 this past week I've managed to score a 2014 front and rear bumper with fogs and hitch ,as well as yesterday a 2013 hood that was brand new take off . Paid 250 for bumpers and 125 for hood all local craigslist finds . Also purchase oem pads and rotors found a good source on eBay 190$ shipped for Oem.

Today 04/17/16 I've ordered a set of bucket seats , center console to get rid of the bench seat , intermittent wiper switch and fog light switch . Paid more than I wanted for seats but not terrible have been shopping for a while 550$ shipped for both seats and center console. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
    Plain Jane Taco likes this.
  2. Apr 16, 2016 at 9:32 PM
    That4runnerguy

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Newport News Va
    Vehicle:
    04 ltd 4runner
    Mid travel icon coilovers Spc uppers soon to go Mt spec icon 2.5 rears with cdc clicky things , mt dual rate 3" springs Mt rear control arms, bump ext , stainless ext rear brake lines , stainless braided front lines . Ebc stage five rotors , yellow stuff pads Tc spindle braces , alignment tabs Volant CAI Optima red top with custom battery cage Method standards , 285 duracraps ShrockWorks front bumper Cbi rear swingout Full rci skids , icon lower shock gaurd , opr link guards , lr diff skid Updated 09 projector head lights sylvania bulbs and color matched + led tai lights .Grill to come Weather tech mats , window louvers Cobra 75, fire stick antenna Cbi ditch light brackets Warn m8000 with factor55 flat link , and southeast overland synthetic line . Otrattw switches Bamf sliders
    Not sure who's this is I know I got it off of here but this is kind of my end goal .image.jpg

3. Apr 20, 2016 at 1:28 PM
    poohbear13

poohbear13 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 White 2WD 4 Banger
    Front window tint,drop in K&N.
    My goal also but, i have an extra cab. this truck is Nice!!

4. Apr 20, 2016 at 3:43 PM
    That4runnerguy

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Newport News Va
    Vehicle:
    04 ltd 4runner

Yeah I dig it going to do a satoshi or a pro grill , possibly white headlights instead of black not sure yet . And maybe some cube LEDs for fogs also curious what ditch lights would look like I have the brackets already so wonder what it will look like .

5. Apr 24, 2016 at 6:15 PM
    That4runnerguy

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Newport News Va
    Vehicle:
    04 ltd 4runner
    Made a little progress on my runner and my Tacoma this weekendimage.jpg image.jpg image.jpg . Welded my gussets on my spindles for the runner and my seats came in for the Tacoma. So for the seats I couldn't find clear info saying they would or wouldn't fit without mods. I got the seats and center console from an 08 access cab. The center console piece does not fit at all it's too long kind of bummer. Pictured the console is not bolted down in anyway just sitting there need to get the mounting bracket. The seats went smooth all holes already exist just need to cut carpet for the two not used from the bench to expose the holes . Basically just stripped the bench seat of all the original wiring and air bag sensors and transferred over to the buckets. Next problem I've encountered is seat belts the female part of the seat belt that came with the buckets aren't compatible my original seat belt that came on the truck doesn't work with it the female end is too small. So for now I've left the ones in place that came on the truck they don't agree with the new seats a 100% but work for now. Have some research and thinking to do. Anyways buckets are a huge improvement over the bench. Bummed on the center console but am looking for one from a Reg cab now.image.jpg

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    Fivves808 likes this.
  6. May 23, 2016 at 5:39 PM
    GWinstead

GWinstead Well-Known Member

Member:
    I like your 'goal' truck. Good luck on your build, I'm gonna keep on eye on this thread.

[​IMG]

socarboy99 likes this.
  7. May 24, 2016 at 4:36 PM
    That4runnerguy

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Newport News Va
    Vehicle:
    04 ltd 4runner
    Thanks it's been put on the back burner for the moment hoping to have it lowered , windows tinted and the front end swap by the end of the year at least. Having issues with wiring and getting air bag light off since I put the buckets in.

8. Jul 19, 2016 at 6:25 PM
    That4runnerguy

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Newport News Va
    Vehicle:
    04 ltd 4runner
    Made progress over the weekend found some head lights recently so I had mostly everything I needed more so than I thought. Sat night I pulled everything off and in right under an hr 53 min to be exact I had all the new parts on myself. Nothing I've ever done has gone so smooth haha. Anyways I am missing some the inner supports which I failed to realize they are gonna be ordered soon but it works for now. Still need to wire up the fog lights order filler pieces under lights and hopefully be getting some body work and paint in a few months. Stoked to get the front end updated.

image.jpg

TheRealKrobar and opteron like this.
  9. Dec 25, 2016 at 12:29 PM
    That4runnerguy

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Newport News Va
    Vehicle:
    04 ltd 4runner
    Little progress found some led tails, added oem cruise control, and a center console from a manual reg cab with bucket seats managed to get it to work better than nothing.

IMG_1305.jpg
    IMG_1301.jpg
    IMG_1307.jpg

10. Dec 25, 2016 at 12:33 PM
    jmaack

jmaack Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Helena Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Skewped hood silver 4runner
    Ome, Sqeak free dakars, arms, skids, sliders.
    Ahhhh I need that grill and rear bumper. Awesome find and good work on the swap.

That4runnerguy[OP] likes this.
  11. Jan 16, 2017 at 9:41 PM
    That4runnerguy

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Newport News Va
    Vehicle:
    04 ltd 4runner
    Got my hood painted, baby steps baby steps...

I've been looking for rx8 or xrunner wheels or even five spoke camry wheels for a solid year now on Craigslist no luck if I ever find a set that's what I'll be going with

IMG_1869.jpg

pinktaco808 likes this.
  12. Jan 27, 2017 at 8:00 AM
    GWinstead

GWinstead Well-Known Member

Member:
    I posted back in may that I was going to watch your build thread. I have been, and it's looking good

13. Feb 1, 2017 at 11:16 PM
    That4runnerguy

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Newport News Va
    Vehicle:
    04 ltd 4runner
    Thanks been scanning Craigslist religiously for rx8 wheels and or xrunner wheels to no avail there was a set of xrunner wheels for sale right after I bought it with new rubber for 600$ I didn't realize how hard they are to find and passed on it wish I wouldn't have now. Anyways trim pieces undernhead lights, tint, some kind of head unit, and install my fog lights should be coming soon.

520YOTA likes this.
  14. Feb 5, 2017 at 3:30 PM
    07TacoRidah

07TacoRidah SHHHH, this is interesting

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Base Model Access Cab
    Engine bay: aFe Pro Dry filter Secondary air filter deleted Sokie Tech hood damper kit OReiley battery terminals Big 3 upgrade (0g wiring) 2012 Headlight swap HID kit (headlight 6k/fog light 3k) Sylvania Zevo LED turn signals w/hyper flash resistors Rear back up light GY6 bulb Bullz Audio 0g wire Exterior: Dynamik Retro Projector style headlight housing Depo Euro Black Altezza LED tails 2012 front grill/bumper cover w/ fog light and hood swap Rear bumper swap (to chrome, painted w/bedliner paint) 99 Cents Store tailgate lock Suspension: XR Bilsteins Universal Air Suspension strut bag Custom UCA's DJM 4" rear drop kit 1" spindle spacer kit 4x4 leaf pack swap (middle leaf removed) Air Lift rear helper springs 4 Siria (Asco) 3/8" air valves 3 gallon air tank 1/4' air lines 90's Acura Integra door switches to air valves ViAir 450 air compressor Rims: 18x10 Work VS-KF front w/5" lip 18x11 Work VS-KF rear w/6" lip 225/40/18 tires all around Sick Speed 3 piece spike lug nuts Pepboys valve stem caps 1" wheel spacers all around Interior: Wink Mirror rear view Center console lid fabric Metra Dash kit Kenwood bluetooth headunit Hifonics Zeus ZXi 6410 PB 6 1/2" component speakers up front 10" single Hifonics subwoofer 10" sealed angled box Katana shift knob
    you didn't have to buy new fenders?

15. Feb 5, 2017 at 9:42 PM
    That4runnerguy

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Newport News Va
    Vehicle:
    04 ltd 4runner
    Nope same fenders

16. Apr 20, 2017 at 11:04 PM
    FNH5-7

FNH5-7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fresno County
    Holy shit the end truck looks simple but super nice. Good luck op!

17. Apr 23, 2017 at 9:52 AM
    That4runnerguy

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Newport News Va
    Vehicle:
    04 ltd 4runner
    Not sure that I've mentioned it but I'm building a house currently and once we mov my commute is going to be around a 100 mikes a day so I most likely am going to be selling this once my house is finished. That being said if anyone local wants to buy the front end swap, bucket seats center console etc, bed cover, hitch , or the led tail lights I'm open to sell any of it. As far as front end swap seats and lights I do not have the stock parts so would need to trade plus some cash. I know a great auto painter if the parts don't match your color. Also whole truck will be for sale in few months if someone's thinking about one. Been a fun little truck I just want something nicer for commuting the distance.

Products Discussed in

To Top