1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Taser ? for those who carry (LEO) x26/x2

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Officers' started by ProForce, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Jul 23, 2012 at 1:55 AM
    ProForce

ProForce [OP] Thin Blue Line

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal-Ontario
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM TRD Sport DCSB 4.0 Auto 2wd
    Too many to list. See build page. Link in signature
    So my old school Taser M26 has finally given up on me and its time for an upgrade. I was originally set on the X26 since it is probably the most widely used and trusted Taser product across the nation, but when I realized I can get the X2 for only a few bucks more, now I have a little dilemma. :confused:

I always used a (left) thigh/tac holster for my M26, and for the X26 I was still deciding to keep the tac holster setup or just put it on my duty belt. If I get the X2, I would have to keep it on the drop holster because its just too dam big to but on the belt.

Anyone have experience with one or both of these units?? I know probably the only people that can answer are LEO so any input would be great. Looking for all pros/cons of each. Size, comfort, features, cost, ease of use, deployment, weight, reliability, etc etc. Thanks in advance!

2. Jul 23, 2012 at 2:06 AM
    tigerfan00

tigerfan00 BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Thor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Dunkin Donuts
    Vehicle:
    02 TRD 4x4
    I carry an X26 on my belt

It works...multiple deployment distances depending on which cartridge you purchase

3. Jul 23, 2012 at 2:18 AM
    tigerfan00

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Dunkin Donuts
    Vehicle:
    02 TRD 4x4
    After looking up the X2

The only real benefits I see are the ability to have multiple cartridges ready to go and the weather proofing

If you arent out in the rain a whole bunch...i'd go with whichever is gonna cost you less for the unit plus spare cartridges

Since you've already got the M26 you can use those cartridges with the X26

4. Jul 23, 2012 at 2:39 AM
    ProForce

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal-Ontario
    Vehicle:
    This is what I was thinking, I just wanted to get some ideas from those who carry daily too. Figured first hand experience is best. I just purchased 2 new cartridges (green) for the m26 and now that its broken, that would be a waste of $45 if I got the X2.

Just trying to see if the benefits of the X2 can out weigh the X26 considering the coat and size difference.

Thanks

5. Jul 23, 2012 at 2:46 AM
    650H1

650H1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tundra TRD OR C/M 5.7l 4x4
    your security dept doesnt buy those for you? or buy a bunch and have you sign one out when you get to work? i say go for the taser shotgun with a shoulder sling. 200yd range, when you hit someone its an automatic 20 second ride :thumbsup:

jk that is overkill and would make you a tool.

6. Jul 23, 2012 at 3:07 AM
    ProForce

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal-Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Haha when I was reading this I was thinking to myself "dam! Does this guy want me to look and feel like a complete survivalist over the top kung-fu idiot at work while I get mad flammed on here for even considering this" :eek:

But no my company doesnt supply them. This isnt a large chain observe and report securitas type company lol. my company ranges from typical unarmed observe and report accounts to hands-on making arrests armed accounts, and for that reason, very few of our guards carry tasers. We are a small local privately owned company. Many accounts don't allow us to carry tasers anyways, so there is no point in the owner supplying them. :(

I just think about the UOF policies, and without a Taser, I'm really pretty screwed at times. Some accounts are large populated public buildings with central ventilation, and for safety reasons, we cannot deploy OC inside. I don't carry an asp because for 1 I am not licensed and 2 I would probably never use it since a taser is safer than beating the hell out of someone with a metal stick anyways. Without a Taser I would be forced to jump from verbal to physical (hands only) to firearm, which is just stupid. So this is why I choose to carry a Taser. It opens up options and helps cover my ass. Its not as easy for a security officer to justify his use of force choices, so the more options the better IMO.

7. Jul 23, 2012 at 3:26 AM
    ProForce

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal-Ontario
    Vehicle:
    But on a side note, that could be pretty bad ass just to have for fun and home use :rolleyes:

8. Jul 23, 2012 at 5:15 AM
    Country101

Country101 Well-Known Member

Member:
    NW Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma access cab V6 4x4 manual
    dirty truck mod, custom trailer scratch on tailgate, husky floorliners, OME Lift
    No input, since I dont carry a taser(we carry everything BUT. Fox canister, OC, pistol, etc), but I know what you mean. Whenever we do reaction drills we have to justify the levels of force we would use. And if you are wrong, you'll never hear the tires screech as they throw you under the bus to save thier butt. Least that is how my company is. And I think we MAY have a little extra protection under the law, but I am not sure about that.

9. Jul 23, 2012 at 6:36 AM
    Front sight

Front sight Well-Known Member

Member:
    SW Florida
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner TRD Sport
    ProComp 3"lift, LR UCA's,Destination 285/70/17's, 1.25 spidertrax, K&N drop in, 2nd filter removed, Dynomax catback, Weathertech liners,Toyota bed mat, Silverstar Ultra's, reverse lights,Wet Oklee's,bedlights and other small stuff.
    I carry the x26, no complaints. I carry mine on my belt in their newer holster and can draw it like a champ. Though I haven't had to on a long time.

10. Jul 23, 2012 at 3:15 PM
    ProForce

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal-Ontario
    Vehicle:

fox canister.... isn't that OC?

Have you had to deploy it yet?

11. Jul 23, 2012 at 3:16 PM
    ProForce

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal-Ontario
    Vehicle:
    For those with the x26, are you using the extended power mag with and extra cartridge on the end or standard length battery

12. Jul 23, 2012 at 5:26 PM
    k9cop

k9cop if your not the lead dog, the view never changes

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    10 tacoma dbl cab trd off road prerunner
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    I use the x in a cross draw holster. I freaking love it that way. Everyone used to try and get me to go to a thigh holster but those things would move around so much and bunch up my pants they were annoying. Then guys tried to get me to go to the molle holster but that was a pain in the arse. Got the cross draw and never had any issues. Love it!! Used to wear it on my belt before I got the dog. The dog is the same level use of force wise so I just use that now. Haven't found a good holster for him yet tho..:))

13. Jul 23, 2012 at 5:27 PM
    k9cop

k9cop if your not the lead dog, the view never changes

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    10 tacoma dbl cab trd off road prerunner
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    Yes in a cross draw...well used too

14. Jul 23, 2012 at 7:33 PM
    ProForce

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal-Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Where can I get me one of them dogs you speak of? ;) sounds more entertaining that a Taser :D

15. Jul 23, 2012 at 7:51 PM
    tigerfan00

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Dunkin Donuts
    Vehicle:
    02 TRD 4x4
    I keep mine in a cross draw as well...with spare cartridges in a holder mounted to the top of the holster

I like the grip the extended battery provides but I prefer the smaller battery because it doesn't get in my way

16. Jul 23, 2012 at 9:02 PM
    ProForce

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal-Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Pic with cartridge on holster?

17. Jul 25, 2012 at 1:47 PM
    Front sight

Front sight Well-Known Member

Member:
    SW Florida
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner TRD Sport
    ProComp 3"lift, LR UCA's,Destination 285/70/17's, 1.25 spidertrax, K&N drop in, 2nd filter removed, Dynomax catback, Weathertech liners,Toyota bed mat, Silverstar Ultra's, reverse lights,Wet Oklee's,bedlights and other small stuff.
    I've had a few deployments. It works as long as the prob's go in and stay in. If the wire breaks, your s.o.l. I carry mine cross draw aswell and I prefer mine on my belt. I don't like my thighs beat up when I'm chasing someone. Some guy's prefer the thigh holsters. Go with what will work better for you.

18. Jul 27, 2012 at 11:54 PM
    TS1980

TS1980 Glocking Tall

Member:
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    2014 Ram 1500 5.7L
    I still carry an M26. I've been told I can upgrade but "The Jackhammer" is timeless.

19. Jul 28, 2012 at 1:50 AM
    ProForce

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal-Ontario
    Vehicle:
    I liked my m26, it was fairly comfortable and easy to use, but I figure with all the other crap on my belt, if I have an opportunity to downsize/upgrade and the same time, sounds like a good deal to me. I think the x2 will be way too big. I couldn't even fit my m26 on my my belt so I was forced to use a thigh rig.

If it hadn't of broken, I wouldn't have any problem rockin the m26 still, but bring without a Taser is no good right now, so x26 it is. I ordered it a few days ago and it came in today. Gonna pick it up tomorrow hopefully.

20. Jul 28, 2012 at 5:56 AM
    Country101

Country101 Well-Known Member

Member:
    NW Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma access cab V6 4x4 manual
    dirty truck mod, custom trailer scratch on tailgate, husky floorliners, OME Lift

Yes, the fox is OC, just in an aerosol can. That way you can saturate a room or what have you.

To Top