1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tax breaks for top 1% stimulates economy??? Pffffft.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Natetroknot, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Sep 14, 2010 at 7:45 AM
    Mush Mouse

Mush Mouse Club Soda Not Seals

Member:
    First Name:
    mush
    where ever you want me to be
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5
    its a Toyota truck and that's all the modifications needed
    I agree Fuck the New World order and NAFTA lets concentrate on the USA and our people first,but lets not restrict a business from making a profit due to Government over regulation(Taxes) or else our people will have ot Relocate to India,China,or Canada to find a job.

2. Sep 14, 2010 at 7:48 AM
    Mush Mouse

Member:
    First Name:
    mush
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5
    No just an example of how Government run shit is so F-ed up if they could get thier shit together Im all for it,In fact Im looking into Government employment myself thier the only ones hiring with great benefits right now,Im an F-ing hypocrite:eek: but I need a job.

3. Sep 14, 2010 at 7:49 AM
    JeffRock

JeffRock Well-Known Member

Member:
    Capital region, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma accesscab 4x4 SR5 2.7L
    Toyota all weather floor mats. Mag light that clunks around in the jack compartment. Dog hair. Dog drool on the windows.
    This whole thread, And the mindset of people in it are why the cuntry is in the shitter.
    the rich man needs tax breaks so he can hire people? WTF is that? gardners? Butlers? Or is it his company that needs tax break... Corpeate welfare accounts for billions of dollars in lost tax revenue. not some lazy ass crack head and his $16,000 a year on welfare.
    Yeah, Leave the top 1% alone.. we need to raise taxes on the people who just barely get by.not the ones who can afford more taxes, And not impact their lifestyle.
    Hey, Here's an idea! why dont we get these idiots in Washington, County buildings, And city halls to stop over spending?

4. Sep 14, 2010 at 7:56 AM
    OU812

OU812 ban the term murdered out

Member:
    First Name:
    danusa
    Kilroy was here
    Vehicle:
    13 DblCab LB 4X4
    Nothing yet, brand new!
    The steel mills could not compete in the global economy and thus they closed. It's not the worker's fault. It's the free market system at play.

Your answer on the oil companies is thus that. They are OIL compainies first.

As for the twin towers they should be up now but bickering and bureaucracy is in the way.

Pharmco compaines develop and market drugs. They will not put themselves out of business by making a magic cure-all pill.

American agriculture is an exceptional industry wrought with innovation. We show the rest of the world how to do it. :thumbsup:

5. Sep 14, 2010 at 7:58 AM
    JeffRock

Member:
    Capital region, NY
    Vehicle:
    Toyota all weather floor mats. Mag light that clunks around in the jack compartment. Dog hair. Dog drool on the windows.
    True, NAFTA has to go! WE need to concentrate on our own cuntry.
    Problem is, these multi-national ( who could give a F@#k about the American people) corporations, who claim to be American Corporations. don't care about the U.S.A.
    government should be, Was set up to be for the people, by the people.
    not for the company, By the companies.

6. Sep 14, 2010 at 8:05 AM
    JeffRock

Member:
    Capital region, NY
    Vehicle:
    Steel? Global? U.S.A. has always made the best steel. Maybe not the cheapest. that's a fact.
    Oil companies? BP will claim all the money spent on clean up of the gulf coast as a loss. Cha ching. they will profit form that disaster.

Twin towers.. Screw them. Have some company build them, not tax dollars.

I agree with pharmacies.

American agriculture.. Ha Ha! closing farms, And genetically altering food. It's safe.. but we (people) have health problems they wont admit to having links to this engineering. you are what you eat. and the U.S. has the highest diabetes, obesity, and heart problems in the world.

7. Sep 14, 2010 at 8:05 AM
    Mush Mouse

Member:
    First Name:
    mush
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5
    True,but who can we vote for that turn thier backs on all that free money those big Multi national corps throw at these politicians to get them to do what THEY want them to,Both parties are guilty in taking PAC money for reelection and some dont even pay thier taxes Charlie Rangel D-NY for one.

8. Sep 14, 2010 at 8:07 AM
    Natetroknot

Natetroknot [OP] Experiencing TW at several WTFs per thread

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Dubuque, IA
    Vehicle:
    19 Sport AC-6MT
    Exactly! These are 5 example industries that have helped make the elite just that. These are the people at the top of the food chain, and they're going to continue to rake in money, regardless of tax bracket. Giving them more breaks means they make more money, not create jobs at the helm of innovation.

American agriculture is an exceptional industry???? Whoa. Most farmers I know would whole-heartedly disagree. The Iowa egg farms involved in the recall, and the Postville, IA processing plant that was raided for employing illegals are two hometown examples of how badly askew your claims of innovation and exceptionalism actually are.

9. Sep 14, 2010 at 8:08 AM
    Mush Mouse

Member:
    First Name:
    mush
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5
  10. Sep 14, 2010 at 8:08 AM
    solus

solus HOME!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Bremerton, WA
    Vehicle:
    RR 4wd SR5
    income tax breaks for the most wealthy doesn't necessarily boost employment... what really boosts employment is corporate tax cuts.

For the most part the wealthy just use the addition income for personal reasons, yacht, cars, saving, houses, etc... the employment created through this method is limited. However, the wealthy do stimulate job growth thru there investments in stocks/bond/etc but these effects are hindered due to corporate taxes.

A larger effect can be achieve through corporate tax cuts. This sort of tax cut will allow businesses to go out and invest in new capital (human and others)... which they will! unlike the ambiguity what the wealthy will do with there income...

Tax cuts for the middle class is soley a political thing... other than excessive consumption the middle class does not effect the economy thru spending however, the middle class makes up the single largest block of voters.

Unfortunetly I think that reduced deficits should be our number one priority... regardless of the status of taxes.

While, I'd like to see the deficit fix through reduced spending but you and I both know that this WILL NEVER HAPPEN regardless of which political party is in power... therefore, unfortunately, the only recourse for the deficit is thru increased taxes.

btw, IBTL

11. Sep 14, 2010 at 8:14 AM
    Mush Mouse

Member:
    First Name:
    mush
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5

12. Sep 14, 2010 at 8:15 AM
    Richman21

Richman21 I think therefore I'm a Democrat

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    09 DC Sport PreRunner
    Hardwire radar detector. Tube steps.
    Exactly. Government must have regulations for companies to act by because if not companies operate to make the most money and not give a damn about the people. The reason we are as a country, economically speaking, is the lack of regulation. And the BS that many will say that regulation restricts companies ability to hire and exapnd is pure BS. Regulations are put in place to protect the countries future. Companies do not give a crap where the money comes from or who they employ, they just want profit at anyone's expense, including many here in the US.

13. Sep 14, 2010 at 8:18 AM
    Natetroknot

Natetroknot [OP] Experiencing TW at several WTFs per thread

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Dubuque, IA
    Vehicle:
    19 Sport AC-6MT
    Well said, my friend. The problem with the language of economics is that it's based on the stock market. If it goes up, it's assumed we have a recovery.

I think economic prowess should be gauged by how people at the bottom are doing, rather than those at the top (which is what the stock market indicates).

14. Sep 14, 2010 at 8:24 AM
    Richman21

Richman21 I think therefore I'm a Democrat

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    09 DC Sport PreRunner
    Hardwire radar detector. Tube steps.
    Tax breaks for the middle class I don't feel is just political, it's really fiscal policy. If you have ~80-85% of the population with more money in there pockets, they will spend it, thus increasing demand for items, which means with inceased demand companies must hire more to keep up with demand, also increase in wages becasue of increased profits. So more money in the middle class pockets have a greater purchasing power than giving it to those that just stick it in the bank and add to their million dollar bank account already.

15. Sep 14, 2010 at 8:26 AM
    cntstan

cntstan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Wisconsin now, North Carolina will always be HOME
    Vehicle:
    08 DC SR5 4X4 ; 94 Ford Bronco
    3" Toytec coilovers, rear AAL,satoshi'd grill,ARE topper,TRD exhaust, All Pro winch bumper, Warn winch, All Pro skid, Pro comp 7089's, Supersprings, Wet Okole seat covers
    WRONG! I can complain now. I went through years of eating cheese sandwiches and only being able to put 2 bucks worth of gas in my car. We've been broke and wondered if it was worth it to keep her going. I've worked 2 and 3 jobs at a time to make it work. She comes out of school with almost 200k in student loans and we pay them back for 10 years. Now we pays obscene amounts of taxes and you think we should give up even more? That my friend is a joke. We have lived responsibly and just within our means (we both drive toyotas, not members of any country club, don't live in some huge home) so when we have to pay more, we're going to have to cut something. What should we get rid of? Our kids college funds? Our retirement plan? Eat less food per week? Everybody makes less right now, not just you. Everybody is suffering financially right now, not just you. It sounds like you won't be happy until everyone has the SAME amount of money. Is that what you want?

16. Sep 14, 2010 at 8:26 AM
    Aggie97

Aggie97 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    '07 PreRunner
    custom tan leather seats, bed track system bike rack, Vision Warrior wheels, smittybilt nerf bars, Extang BlackMax tonneau cover.

17. Sep 14, 2010 at 8:30 AM
    solus

solus HOME!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Bremerton, WA
    Vehicle:
    RR 4wd SR5
    This is partly true... sure more money in our pockets is always a great thing... however it really doesn't boost employment other than through the disastrous extensive over consumption

And this consumption is going to be of goods made outside our country, Ipods, clothes, TV's etc... very few will actually purchase goods that are substantial...i.e houses (especially in this environment), investments, commodities...

I want a tax cut or better yet just leave the middle class taxes as-is. The middle class is hurting and needs all the money it can get... but in reality a middle class tax cut really won't have the desired effect other than relief for the majority of the voters (which I completely agree with)

If we want more Jobs than we have to reduced the strangleholds on our top job producers. Cut corporate taxes and tie it to U.S employment... this will make our corporation more competitive.

read this article:
    http://money.cnn.com/2010/09/14/technology/intel_otellini_interview/index.htm?hpt=T2

18. Sep 14, 2010 at 8:36 AM
    solus

solus HOME!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Bremerton, WA
    Vehicle:
    RR 4wd SR5

19. Sep 14, 2010 at 8:40 AM
    OU812

OU812 ban the term murdered out

Member:
    First Name:
    danusa
    Kilroy was here
    Vehicle:
    13 DblCab LB 4X4
    Nothing yet, brand new!
    Exactly, build the damn buidlings.

Yep, you are what you eat!! Stuff 3lbs of fast food into yourself every day and watch your health decline. Is that the farmers fault? Was someone pointing a gun to the fat guy saying eat the Big Mac or die?!?

BP is not going to profit, They can only claim so much on the loss.
    The corporation is an entity. They will pull out of the North American market and go elsewhere where they can sustain profitable operations. I suspect they will stay solvent vs the alternative. Profit or else. The underlying desire to succeed. Is it bad to want to succeed??

I would love to hear someone define how much inequality is acceptable. How much richer the rich may be. Twice? Five times, ten times??
    What a covetous thing envy brings. How envy of others wealth and success will benefit someone else?

20. Sep 14, 2010 at 8:41 AM
    Mush Mouse

Member:
    First Name:
    mush
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5
    Unfortunately youll be the ones paying for the free Medical coverage so all those poor folks on Welfare and from South of the Border have a chance at the American dream not earning it like you and your wife did,and pay for all those kids they have to go to school.

Products Discussed in

To Top