1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Technical Information System

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Monumental, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Apr 13, 2011 at 3:13 PM
    Monumental

Monumental [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    11 Black Off-road DC
    Debadged, no seatbelt alarm
    Has anyone signed up for this? From looking at the demo, it has Toyota Service Manuals in .pdf format and it shows the Save button. Could you pay $15 bucks for two days of access and download the manuals? I'll give it a shot in a few days if no one else has done it. It's also got electrical diagrams, but from what I can see in the demo, there's no quick and easy way to download those.

http://www.toyota.com/owners/apps/tech-info.do

2. Apr 22, 2011 at 3:51 PM
    Monumental

Member:
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    11 Black Off-road DC
    I'm surprised no one has responded! I finally got around to trying this out today. I paid $15 for two days of access and appears to be calendar days- so from whenever you sign up the first day until midnight Pacific time the following day.

I have access to Tech Tips, TSBs, New Car Features, Campaign Publications (just info on the TPWS issue), Accessory Installation Instructions and Accessory Diagnostic Guides, and Collision Repair guides. All of this is viewed in .pdf and easily downloadable.

You also have access to the Electical Wiring Diagrams. These are kinda interactive and you can click on them to further info. You can also select to print them and when you do that they open as pdf and you're able to save them as .pdf but it's just 2D wiring diagrams.

There's also access to the full Repair Manuals. For 2005 and prior these open as pdf files. There's probably over a 1000 for each repair manual so it would be lots to download the get the whole thing, but it's possible. You could do it in a day. For 2006 and later it's some web format. If you have Adobe Acrobat you could print them to a pdf, if not it becomes much harder to save them. If you have Microsoft OneNote you can send or print them to OneNote to save them that way and then save them to pdf if you wanted to.

Overall, it's pretty cool to have all that access available for just $15.

3. Apr 22, 2011 at 4:18 PM
    Monumental

Member:
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    11 Black Off-road DC
    I guess that's for everyone to decide on their own. The Collision Repair Manual and EWDs alone would cost $150. The Repair Manuals would be $766. $15 and a few hours to download those you're likely to use seems like a pretty good deal to me.

4. Apr 22, 2011 at 4:23 PM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    Repair manuals up to 06

5. Jan 9, 2013 at 8:21 PM
    gearcruncher

gearcruncher Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Canadain bumper technician
    Great white North 51.0333° N, 93.8333° W
    Vehicle:
    2010.TRD.SportDCLB4x4Limited leather package
    TRD Sport Rally -5 speed automatic Limited ,Factory heated leather seats ,chrome package,Super white with front windows tinted to 35 % Dick Cepek DC-2 wheels Summer tires - Good year silent armor P265/65R17 Winter tires - Good year P265/65R17 Ultra Ice studded Illuminated 4x4 switch TRD 3rd brake light cover ($20) TRD seat belt shoulder protectors (5). ($50) TRD ...B pillar emblems ($20) TRD rear slider sticker with devil horns ( $6) TRD summer floor matts ($60) TRD steering wheel emblem ($20) TRD floor pedals .($95) TRD shorty antenna ($14) TRD front Windshield emblems ($17) TRD head pillows .($60) TRD head rest protectors TRD door scuff protection $20 TRD floor matt emblems ($40) TRD tow plug emblem . ($40) TRD cigarette lighter with LED.($35) TRD tissue dispenser ($12) TRD front bezel emblems ($9) TRD door emblems ($6) TRD lanyards($9) TRD lisence plates with TRD bolts($50) TRD fender emblems TRD center caps Part Number:PT904-35070-CC ($80) TRD cd
  6. Jan 10, 2013 at 12:51 AM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags

Products Discussed in

To Top