1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Technicalities....Is it true?

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Officers' started by 11SuperwhiteTRD, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Sep 12, 2012 at 9:13 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Technicalities used to be a "gimmie" but those days are long gone.
    Used to be able to get it dismissed if they had the cross street wrong. Now tickets are amended all the time.

Fight it and hope the cop doesn't show up, most likely dismissed, otherwise, pay the fine.

2. Sep 12, 2012 at 9:30 PM
    stewartx

stewartx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver DC SB TRD Off-Road
    Winch, front hitch, step bars, bed extender, bed step, gull-wing toolbox, tailgate lock, security system, cb radio, etc.
    The ticket won't be dismissed because of a wrong address. Whatever the address, your wife was still speeding.

By the way, you need to update the address information on your drivers license/vehicle registration. You could be ticketed for having the wrong info.

3. Sep 12, 2012 at 9:36 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy The dog did it...I swear!

Member:
    High Desert
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD OFFROAD 4x4 VSC/TRAC/DAC/HAC
    snugtop supersport canopy, black westin bullbar/tube steps, piaa offroad lights, weathertech floor mats, oem bed mat, trd seat covers, avs inchannel vent visors, 2" suspension lift, front diff drop, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extention & reroute, front window tint, cat theft protection plate, tailgate clamp mod, xpel headlight/foglight protecters, oem block heater, bfg 265/75R/16 a/t k/o's, cabin air rodent protection screen, rcbs illuminated 4X4 switch mod
    Your wife broke the law and should be held accountable for her actions.

4. Sep 12, 2012 at 11:45 PM
    donson6

donson6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4
    lots
    I lived in Chicago in the mid-80's and got lots of tickets. The court rooms were so full of people, that they would call 15 people that got speeding tickets up to the bench at one time. The judge would look at us and say "slow down, cases dismissed" They would clear the whole court room in 15 minutes, they never really found anyone guilty. Those were the good old days, now go to court and your found guilty and now it's $150 buck extra for court cost, all about the $$$

5. Sep 13, 2012 at 12:13 AM
    ftttu

ftttu Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    K
    Texas Desert
    Vehicle:
    No-mod Tacoma
    Here in Texas, you can ask to take a defensive driving class. Call the court and ask about that before your actual court date.

6. Sep 13, 2012 at 7:11 AM
    11SuperwhiteTRD

11SuperwhiteTRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Beaverton, OR
    Vehicle:
    11 Super White TRD Off Road w JBL
    AFE cai, MBRP cat back, TonnoPro hard folding cover, Weather Tech's
    her liscense has the right address.. see when you have an out of state liscense say for example oregon and we are currently in north carolina the issuing states sends a sticker when you update your address through the dmv. hers and mine have both addresses listed.

7. Sep 13, 2012 at 8:05 AM
    stewartx

stewartx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver DC SB TRD Off-Road
    Winch, front hitch, step bars, bed extender, bed step, gull-wing toolbox, tailgate lock, security system, cb radio, etc.
    Just noticed you're in the Marine Corps, likely at Camp Lejeune, which explains why you have an out-of-state license while residing in North Carolina. That's not the norm state-wide, so the officer likely did the best he could with the addresses on that ticket form. The court will certainly not fault him for that.

8. Sep 13, 2012 at 2:03 PM
    11SuperwhiteTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Beaverton, OR
    Vehicle:
    yeah i figured. everyone makes mistakes..it would be nice not to part with this 218 dollars but i think the route we will go is call and see about the defensive driver course(in oregon they do or did a similar thing) and if not i will have to send her with cash and hope for the best in the mean time going to call insurance company to see if this single ticket will do much. thanks for all the input from everyone.

9. Sep 13, 2012 at 2:09 PM
    11SuperwhiteTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Beaverton, OR
    Vehicle:
    i have heard this a lot over the years thats why i was asking...also just throwing this out there not sure if it works but i have heard from a friend i used to know that he would mail in a check for over the amount so the court would have to send back change(also in the form of a check) and he would never cash it thus never completing the charge and it never hitting his insurance.

10. Sep 13, 2012 at 2:12 PM
    OBXTacoma

OBXTacoma Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JL
    Outer Banks
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC SR5 Magnetic Grey 4x4
    I would also check into what is called a "Prayer for Judgment". In essence (I'm no lawyer), you appear in court and ask for a continuance of sorts. I believe after a period of time (not sure), you appear back before the court and if there has been no other infractions, in most cases the charge will be disposed of. I'd certainly give the court a call and ask.

To Top