1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Teen forced to hold sign in public "I am self-entitled"

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by acdronin, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Mar 22, 2013 at 8:20 AM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    in the article it mentioned how since going viral other parents have patronized them for treating their daughter this way...

yet this was the end result
    so clearly the punishment worked and she wasn't treated too badly that it would make her want to kill her self, quite the opposite. it made her think and reflect on what she was doing, because what else was she going to do while standing there? Good to see she came around and all is well again.

2. Mar 22, 2013 at 8:21 AM
    HIst8ofMIND

HIst8ofMIND Defend Hawaii

Member:
    First Name:
    PJ
    Maui
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB TRD-OR
    Better than being a security officer. Lol. Been called a rent a cop, soy bacon, mall cop, and what not. I had a friend that constantly made fun of me. And most of my friends thought so too. Until the day they found out how much I made for what I do. Then they found a level of respect. As for the friend that still calls me a rent a cop. He's looking for his third job this year after quitting Burger King.

3. Mar 22, 2013 at 8:21 AM
    acdronin

acdronin [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hopefully they should only have to do this once.

4. Mar 22, 2013 at 8:23 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Is funny how that works. I have a few folks that I've seen since HS and it's the same story...They were always poking fun and being irresponsible, and they are working menial jobs and eeking by.

5. Mar 22, 2013 at 8:25 AM
    ABA180

ABA180 It burns when I pee....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab Slider
    Pioneer CD, Megaloud/JBL amps, Rockford/Polk speakers.
    Ipswich MA. Lot of stuff on FB for one about it, I didn't see a thread here yet.

6. Mar 22, 2013 at 8:26 AM
    HIst8ofMIND

Member:
    First Name:
    PJ
    Maui
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB TRD-OR
    Menial jobs and in debt. I still don't get how you can buy something you can't afford. Well with the exception of a house but still the math doesn't add up.

7. Mar 22, 2013 at 8:27 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Yup...That's the one. I'm just being lazy - Had a test and a checkride at work this week and I have to work an overnight tonight....so I'm in energy conservation mode....:cool:

I think it goes to the entitlement thing. "I'm special and I deserve it...Consequences be damned!!"

8. Mar 22, 2013 at 8:30 AM
    HIst8ofMIND

Member:
    First Name:
    PJ
    Maui
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB TRD-OR
    They are special like everyone else. Lol

9. Mar 22, 2013 at 8:30 AM
    ABA180

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    I grew up in Hingham MA. Very rich, old money town. My parents were able to buy a house here being very frugal and while they let us do things like my BMX bike racing and my sister's dance classes, I earned things I wanted. A girl I worked with had thought that my parents bought my 2 cars I had and paid all the expenses. I laughed and told her I was the only kid in my neighborhood to not fit that mold.

I get what you're saying and it infuriates me too.

10. Mar 22, 2013 at 8:35 AM
    ABA180

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    I always joke that many kids are happy I am not their father. They would do as I did if they wanted something. EARN IT. I had 2 paper routes when I was 10 years old...and at 12 was doing yardwork for my neighbors. I almost never got paid for mowing my lawn, that was part of pulling my weight in the household. Maybe if I was saving for something big my dad would kick me $10 but it was never expected.

At age 14 I had the nice color TV, stereo rack system, Nintendo and tons of games, VCR in my room. So did my neighbors. I paid for mine.

11. Mar 22, 2013 at 8:35 AM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    News flash its not just the teens anymore. Ive run into more and more 20 to 30 YO that I would like to grab by the ear and say take me to your dad. Walk up to him and slap him still holding the young one by the ear and say is this the BEST you could do. What part of being a dad class did you miss. Too bad I will not be around to see how the young ones treat you folks when you are say 65 or so.. Jim

12. Mar 22, 2013 at 8:37 AM
    acdronin

Member:
    Yep, those are the idiots I won't hire.

13. Mar 22, 2013 at 8:40 AM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    :laugh:

14. Mar 22, 2013 at 8:43 AM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    I have found most kids these days are disrespectful little assholes. If I did half the things they do when I was their age, I got my ass beat with a belt. I had my fair share of beatings as a kid but I deserved every single one... Made me more respectful and I am emotionally stable still. I love it when I see a parent discipline their kid with a smack on the ass in the middle of a store, if I see that the kid is being a shit head and deserves it.... Obviously I am against beating your kid just because... that I think is shitty.... kids gotta earn it.

Related to the article, I think my parents need to do this to my 15 year old sister. Miss priss seems to think she runs the show.

15. Mar 22, 2013 at 8:47 AM
    acdronin

Member:
    When my son was pretty young and he started acting up in the grocery store, i leaned in real close and quiet like and told him "if you don't behave, we're gonna put back all this awesome food and go home with no dinner" Worked like a charm

16. Mar 22, 2013 at 8:51 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Right now..Mine hates when I get my hand around the back of his neck and walk him to a corner. That'll end soon, but by then he'll be old enough for the the technique you mentioned.

17. Mar 22, 2013 at 8:56 AM
    acdronin

Member:
    lol, how old is he?

18. Mar 22, 2013 at 9:07 AM
    ABA180

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    Three little 17 year old girls in a movie theater who wouldn't shut up..grrr. The 3rd time (after staring at them twice till they saw me) one said "well I'm 17 so I can do what I want"..I told her I am old enough to be her father and that if she was my kid she'd have some respect, to which I got "you shouldn't have sat so close to me". Then she said "just watch the movie". I said "I'm trying to" and she said "me too". I stood up right in front of her and yelled "then you shut your fukkn mouth before I rip your tongue out of your skull you fukkn bovine pig whore bitch!"

That little brat burst into tears in front of everyone and her friend told me she'd get the manager, I said "what you big enough to talk back to me but you gonna cry like a baby when someone doesn't take your lip?"

Not one of my proudest moments but I had had enough of them and the general mentality.

19. Mar 22, 2013 at 9:08 AM
    futuretacoowner

futuretacoowner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    02 2.7L xtra cab
    I will admit I may seem a little self entitled, and my mom helps me out alot, but that is mostly due to the fact I am in a very intense course where I was at the school from 8am to 11pm if not later almost every night and now do 12 hour day and night shifts at the hospital. My course cost 15,000 for 1 year and all I got through student loans to live off of for the year was under 2 grand. But anything nice that I want I pay for with my own hard earned money. I am very thankful though that I am getting a little help from my mom.

20. Mar 22, 2013 at 9:09 AM
    ABA180

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    Dude, I am pushing 40 and my father still tells me if I act like a snotnose that he is still my father and I will never be too big to get thrown over his knee if I need my smart ass whacked.

Products Discussed in

To Top