1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Teen forced to hold sign in public "I am self-entitled"

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by acdronin, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Mar 22, 2013 at 9:09 AM
    HIst8ofMIND

HIst8ofMIND Defend Hawaii

Member:
    First Name:
    PJ
    Maui
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB TRD-OR
    That's when you gotta step in as a big brother. My parents don't need to discipline my little sister. My discipline is much more severe. Take away her Internet and electronics. She knows better now.

2. Mar 22, 2013 at 9:10 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    4...He is starting to get the fact that he'll get treats and good deals if he is polite and is a good little kid...but still has his moments.

3. Mar 22, 2013 at 9:12 AM
    HIst8ofMIND

Member:
    First Name:
    PJ
    Maui
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB TRD-OR
    That's good dad right there.

4. Mar 22, 2013 at 9:15 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Thanks...I'm not ready to claim victory yet, but he knows he has things he has to do at home (he helps put his laundry away and clean up his stuff) and that he needs to do simple things (please and thank yous) without question and then his behavior past that determines the rest.

5. Mar 22, 2013 at 9:23 AM
    HIst8ofMIND

Member:
    First Name:
    PJ
    Maui
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB TRD-OR
    Better than most dads.

6. Mar 22, 2013 at 9:44 AM
    l SWAY l

l SWAY l Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sway
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD OR 4WD
    Some of this & some of that...
    I couldn't agree any more with everyone about what the parents did to their daughter. My wife and I are about to have our first child and one of the things we both agreed on is disciplining when appropriate, whether it's time outs, spanking or whatever age appropriate punishments. I find it amazing as to what some parents let the children get away with then wonder what happened when they get older. Disciplining when doing bad and rewarding when excelling the status quo is how we were raised, so I find it fitting to raise our child in the same manner. Applying this mentality to sports, competitions or school, means that if you perform at the status quo, means you're in the pack with everyone else. Rewards should be saved for anyone that's working their ass off to do better. I think giving everyone rewards for being the status quo as children, leads to adults with the "right of entitlement." "I am doing my job therefore I should deserve something." You're right you do, it's a paycheck. You "want" more, put the effort and time to go out and get it.

Rant done.

7. Mar 22, 2013 at 9:48 AM
    Jon850FL

Jon850FL is Lurkin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    DFS, FL
    happened in the next town over....lol

8. Mar 22, 2013 at 9:49 AM
    acdronin

acdronin [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Good rant, right on the money man

9. Mar 22, 2013 at 9:54 AM
    MGMTacolover55

MGMTacolover55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orygun
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM Taco TRD Off Road
    floor Mats
    Its good too see parents still instilling values in their kids not just letting them become whores

10. Mar 22, 2013 at 9:58 AM
    JW87

JW87 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JW
    Richmond,VA
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport 4x4 DCLB
    American Racing black bajas with Cooper RTXs 265/70/17. Black Depo tail lights. LED interior, license plate and reverse lights.Debadged. OME 885 coils and Dakar leaf packs. OME Nitros front and back.
    This sensitivity stuff is going too far. We are raising a generation of pussies!

11. Mar 22, 2013 at 10:06 AM
    T Fades

T Fades Well-Known Member

Member:
    Simi Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner V6 2wd DCLB
    Satoshi, debadged, rear view mirror bracket, tail gate hose clamps, trimmed mud flaps.
    Mark, I completely agree with your logic.

Was the same for me when I was growing up. If I f'd up, I got thwaped upside the head and didn't get to use my privileges (mostly playing outside with neighborhood friends).

If I was good, life was good. Dad would take me camping to Sequoia, deep sea fishing, Disneyland, get to play little league baseball, etc.

I learned quick, and was never really grounded at all because life was good if I showed respect and took care of my chores.

I only hope my kid will take to the same lessons my dad taught me.

12. Mar 22, 2013 at 10:11 AM
    l SWAY l

l SWAY l Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sway
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD OR 4WD
    Some of this & some of that...
    Thanks man.

X2.
    Although, I think some people are just sensitive and you can't really do much about them. But that still doesn't mean you deserve something just because you think you do and didn't bother putting in the effort to get it.

13. Mar 22, 2013 at 10:21 AM
    4banger09

4banger09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Nb, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Access cab 4cyl
    Leveled
    If I'm ever in that situation I will choose to keep my family affairs in the family. I'm not really into the public shame associated with it. Although that is along time from now.

14. Mar 22, 2013 at 10:22 AM
    ABA180

ABA180 It burns when I pee....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab Slider
    Pioneer CD, Megaloud/JBL amps, Rockford/Polk speakers.
    In part, I feel that this idea of everyone being the same and everyone deserves this or that is a factor in the mortgage crisis.

Now, the banks bear some responsibility for making stupid loans of course.

BUT..I bought 9 years ago and within my means, not what I wanted as being the top criteria. I would not mind having a house I didn't work on all the time, but just because I lived in a new house growing up I didn't "deserve" the same. My parents bought their home by being frugal people and doing needed work themselves when at all possible.

15. Mar 22, 2013 at 10:27 AM
    ABA180

ABA180 It burns when I pee....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab Slider
    Pioneer CD, Megaloud/JBL amps, Rockford/Polk speakers.
    While that's true, that type would once have been working a low wage job and not having much to show for it. Now that's not the case.

16. Mar 22, 2013 at 10:31 AM
    4banger09

4banger09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Nb, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Access cab 4cyl
    Leveled
    The concept of me deserving something because my parents have it or because my peers have it baffles me. I have made some good decisions with my career right time place and pay I don't smoke, binge drink or blow my money period (besides truck stuff) and my parents have let me live at home rent free until I build my house and get married this coming fall as a "reward" for making the right decisions with my money.

If my kids are smart with there money and make good decisions then I plan to reward them the same way my parents did for me.

17. Mar 22, 2013 at 10:48 AM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    eh, got the point across and i bet they dont do it again. good job haha!

18. Mar 22, 2013 at 7:37 PM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    Oh trust me I have. it doesn't work. shes as stubborn as a mule. There are times I just want to jerk a knot in her ass but shes the type that would call the cops because her family "sucks". ungrateful little bitch she is. :mad:

19. Mar 22, 2013 at 8:04 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner Double Cab TRD Sport
  20. Mar 22, 2013 at 8:05 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    I wouldda gotten punched in the face

Products Discussed in

To Top