1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

temperamental cruise control....

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by *BADFISH*, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Sep 26, 2009 at 12:30 PM
    *BADFISH*

*BADFISH* [OP] New Member

Member:
    nor*cal
    Vehicle:
    2002 tacoma sr5 trd
    hey guys...i have an 02 tacoma 4x4, 3.4 engine....my cruise control has always worked with no problems, but latley it has been working intermittently....some days it works fine, some days not at all.....any ideas??

thanks.
    kris

2. Sep 26, 2009 at 1:32 PM
    EnolaGaia

EnolaGaia Well-Known Member

Member:
    Midwest USA
    Vehicle:
    '01 & '04 S-Runners
    01 SR: Double Cab conversion, S/C, lowered.
    (1) Maybe this should be in the 1st generation forum?

(2) Just so we're clear ... Either everything (engaging; disengaging; holding speed) works or it doesn't altogether, right?

3. Sep 26, 2009 at 1:42 PM
    krimson

krimson Nothin

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    OME 3" lift with 885 coils. OME Shocks with TSB 1.5 AAL. 285/75/16 KM2s. XD Hoss 16" wheels. DDM Tuning 6000K HIDs, H10 6000K Fogs. BHLM. Debaged. 20% tint on front windows.
    yeah you shouldn't ask 1st gen stuff on a 2nd gen forum. Go use the 1st gen forum they'll help you out!

4. Sep 26, 2009 at 1:52 PM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    Either way the systems should be similar. If it's intermittently going on and off... I'd first verify all the connections. Beyond that, start looking at the control systems. Not sure if there's a separate command module, controlled by the ecu... no idea on how it's setup.

Also, keep in mind cruise control systems are designed to be used only on flat/level roads. Even curves can throw it off a bit. Also, don't use it while towing.

5. Sep 26, 2009 at 2:54 PM
    kilo

kilo Solo Member

Member:
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2007 Dbl cab long bed TRD Sport
    custom sliders, 3" Old Man Emu lift, onboard air, custom surf-rod mount, custom bed rack, ARB bumper, Budbuilt fuel tank skid-plate
    I added brake line extensions on mine which required bleeding the brakes. We had a hell of a time bleeding them. After several trys we decided to do it the old fashion way and pump the brake, hold and release. After it was all said and done we got them bleed and working. Only too find that the brake light would stay on at times. I didn't think too much of it but after a few weeks I noticed that my cruise control wasn't working right. The first 2 times was during the day and wasn't sure but the last time it did it it was on a trip during the night and could see thru my rear view mirror that my brake lights would turn on their own. Maybe a little bump or swerve would make it come on. I thought about it and decided to take her in. I explained it and my theory to the dealership and they replaced a brake switch or maybe sensor? Long story short, if the brake line came on then it would cut off my cruise control. I think we damaged that while we bleed my brake lines with all of the pumping and holding of the brakes.

To Top