1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Test drove a 2011 Taco yesterday afternoon-sort of

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Motorshooter, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Nov 3, 2010 at 9:31 AM
    Motorshooter

Motorshooter [OP] Motorshooter

Member:
    VA-Northern VA
    Vehicle:
    16 double cab, short bed, 4X4 SR5, Towing pkg. Inferno Orange -What a great color!
    Weather Tech stone guards, Undercover SE bed cover, fresh coat of wax. I really miss my Indigo Ink Pearl 07' DC -RIP-she saved my life. Thank you blue beast!
    I stopped into my local stealership to pick up some touch up paint for the blue mule and decided I would like to take a test ride in an 11 model Tacoma, fully not intending to purchase a new truck, I even let the sales slime know this…Let’s just say the sales weenie that got me for a test drive was happy to have the drive finished.

Once we had selected a suitable truck from the back lot, blue of course and in this case it really was a back lot, not paved, full of pot holes and the pot holes were full of water. Let me clarify that, the pot holes were BIG and some were D-E-E-P and full of very dark, thick, muddy water (Insert my big smile here).

I got the shiny blue Taco out of the parking space, I slowly motored down the row between all the other new trucks and cars….about 30 on each side. I proceeded to start a slow left turn to line up down the middle of another row so I could exit out of the lot. That’s when I spied it…a big, four foot w-i-d-e pot hole, filled to the brim with muddy leaf laden water. I, being me…and I am happy with ME, I turned the steering wheel hard to the left and nailed the throttle…the truck lurched forward through the turn as the back end skidded out, lunging into the pot hole like a pig taking to a muddy bath on a hot summer’s day. I glanced in the right side mirror and saw a huge curtain of dark chocolaty brown water rise up like an angry sea monster as the whole truck shuttered from the impact of a BIG pot hole. I counter steered into the skid and then straightened up the wheel as we headed down the row. I could see from my rear view mirror that the enraged curtain of water had splashed down on at least four or five cars…a personal best for me (insert my 2nd big smile here)
    Once the sales wiener stopped floppy around in his seat…and regained his composure (he was really white), I was directed out onto the highway for a more sedate ride. He never said a word another word. I made my own way back to the stealership, where I had a complimentary slice of cold pizza and a warm Coke. The sales manager (snake) asked “what would it take to put me in that truck today?” I politely replied “It won’t happen until Toyota produces a yellow Tacoma, I’m still enjoying my 07”

I then went to the parts dept and bought a small tube of touch up paint....what a great afternoon!:D

2. Nov 3, 2010 at 9:35 AM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    Wow. Your a jerk.

3. Nov 3, 2010 at 9:37 AM
    Motorshooter

Member:
    VA-Northern VA
    Vehicle:
    16 double cab, short bed, 4X4 SR5, Towing pkg. Inferno Orange -What a great color!
    Weather Tech stone guards, Undercover SE bed cover, fresh coat of wax. I really miss my Indigo Ink Pearl 07' DC -RIP-she saved my life. Thank you blue beast!
    Yea...I know!!!!:D I hope Saint Peter gives me a high five for this one when I get to the pearly gates:eek:

4. Nov 3, 2010 at 9:37 AM
    Patrobs

Patrobs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    2012 Dbl Cab Short bed TRD Offroad
    LOVE IT!

5. Nov 3, 2010 at 9:38 AM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    Saint Peter? How about snake. The devil sales manager. You two will be best buds.

6. Nov 3, 2010 at 9:39 AM
    TiMe

TiMe Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    05 Dbl Cab 4x4
    6" Fabtech with coilovers 33" nitto mud grapplers
    x2

I woulda punched you in the balls while your were going thru the mud holes if I was the salesman.

I bet your the type that hits puddles in the road and splash people walking down the sidewalk huh.

:mad:

7. Nov 3, 2010 at 9:41 AM
    TacoCat

TacoCat Look away, I'm hideous!

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny-5
    Chantilly, VA
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2010 OR
    LOL. That was great.

8. Nov 3, 2010 at 9:42 AM
    PLC721

PLC721 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Chandler, Az
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Double Cab
    Kings:Camburg:BFG
    you would punch him in the balls?

9. Nov 3, 2010 at 9:42 AM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    On a side note, I will die laughing if one day soon your driving down the road in YOUR truck and you hit a 10' pothole.

10. Nov 3, 2010 at 9:44 AM
    Motorshooter

Member:
    VA-Northern VA
    Vehicle:

Chill out Fransis... laugh, it was fun, no one was hurt, no damaged property.
    Don’t take life so seriously.
    As for splashing others with puddles...only if I know it's you...LOL!

11. Nov 3, 2010 at 9:45 AM
    OmahaStylee

OmahaStylee Beating Anorexia since 1976

Member:
    Omaha, NE
    Vehicle:
    01 DC TRD
    FRONT: Toytec CO's & diff drop BACK: AllPro standard leaf kit with Bilsteins and axle shims
    :devil: I like your style Motorshooter

12. Nov 3, 2010 at 9:46 AM
    The1youluv2hate

The1youluv2hate Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peps
    SP... CaL
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD sPort
    5100's@1.75 Horns (Andres) Satoshi TRD cat back BHLM
    Lol .. Good thing mine came right off the truck

13. Nov 3, 2010 at 9:51 AM
    spaghettiedy

spaghettiedy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    09 DC LB Sport in Black 4x4
    Gray Weathertechs, LG Wet Okoles, Tacome OEM Bedmat
    This is exactly why I made sure mine was right off the truck.

14. Nov 3, 2010 at 9:53 AM
    Basfshr27

Basfshr27 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marshall
    Gautier, MS
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5 TRD
    A.R.E. Bed cover
    Awesome!:rofl:

15. Nov 3, 2010 at 9:55 AM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD .....

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD DCSB
    HAHA nice man! :D

16. Nov 3, 2010 at 10:22 AM
    TiMe

TiMe Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    05 Dbl Cab 4x4
    6" Fabtech with coilovers 33" nitto mud grapplers

I am chill, I didnt find your story funny at all. I guess working in the automotive field (at a dealership and elsewhere) I have come to hate people like you. None of that was necessary but I guess in your childish mind it was...

Whatever.

Your still a prick :D

17. Nov 3, 2010 at 10:24 AM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    :ohsnap:

18. Nov 3, 2010 at 10:31 AM
    Motorshooter

Member:
    VA-Northern VA
    Vehicle:
    I'm sorry you didn't find my story funny-at all
    I'm glad I'm still on your "prick list" :D
    Prick on!:burnrubber:

19. Nov 3, 2010 at 10:42 AM
    Falcon86

Falcon86 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Virginia Beachshire
    Vehicle:
    Bone-stock
  20. Nov 3, 2010 at 10:49 AM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    I love it! you can splash mud on my truck any day :thumbsup: dont worry about JD, he hates anything that can get his truck dirty :p

To Top