1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Texas BS Thread

Discussion in 'Texas' started by achirdo, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Aug 28, 2016 at 7:08 PM
    MatthewMay1

MatthewMay1 I'm an amateur professional.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Lone Star Republic/NW Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    '01 TRD Off-Road
    Lots 'o stuff. Look at my build! -->
    Llano... I was trying to make it down there for a weekend fly-in camping trip a few months ago, but I wasn't able to get there

ChadsPride likes this.
  2. Aug 29, 2016 at 5:38 AM
    TexAggie

TexAggie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Odessa
    Vehicle:
    15 Sport
    I was in Fredericksburg this past weekend! It's really nice.

ChadsPride likes this.
  3. Aug 29, 2016 at 5:57 AM
    TexAggie

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Odessa
    Vehicle:
    15 Sport
    FN's will be my next wheel, but looking at the 16's. I've always been a fan of less wheel more tire.

ChadsPride likes this.
  4. Aug 29, 2016 at 6:43 AM
    -dustin

-dustin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgetown, TX
    we stayed in a BnB that's run by a friend of my mom's. really nice. wife and i go down for our anniversary, since that's where we met, and where we got married. this is the first time we couldn't find a (reasonably priced) hotel room. not sure why everything was booked. only thing going on was the fair. good weekend, none the less.

ChadsPride likes this.
  5. Aug 29, 2016 at 6:55 AM
    TexAggie

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Odessa
    Vehicle:
    15 Sport
    Yeah, I was wandering about that. We stayed at the Fredericksburg Inn & Suites. But everything I looked at was high. My lady just wanted to check it out so we just took a weekend trip. We had a good time though.

ChadsPride likes this.
  6. Aug 29, 2016 at 8:04 AM
    wagerhope

wagerhope Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wayne
    ATX
    Vehicle:
    2008 SR5 TRD Sport 4x4 v6
    Demello X-Wing sliders 3" OME - 885/Dakar 285/70/17 Toyo Open Country AT3 Tires Light Racing UCA Entune Nav Unit OEM TRD Pro Headlight Housing with Upgraded Bulbs/Harness Weathertech Digital Floor Mats Black Softopper
    Anyone going to UtopiaFest this year? It's a ton of fun- and if we wrangle up 6 total tickets, regardless of when they're purchased, we can get one of them refunded and divvy up the proceeds.

ChadsPride likes this.
  7. Aug 29, 2016 at 8:19 AM
    Texoma

Texoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Poweraid TB spacer, a bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA 2035s headers and dey are perty, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, LR UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, 5 factory 16" steels wit Pep Boys special Dakota Definity MT's in 285/75/16, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more but it's alre
    What is this, Utopia Fest?

wagerhope and ChadsPride like this.
  8. Aug 29, 2016 at 8:29 AM
    wagerhope

Member:
    First Name:
    Wayne
    ATX
    Vehicle:
    Demello X-Wing sliders 3" OME - 885/Dakar 285/70/17 Toyo Open Country AT3 Tires Light Racing UCA Entune Nav Unit OEM TRD Pro Headlight Housing with Upgraded Bulbs/Harness Weathertech Digital Floor Mats Black Softopper
    Best festival in Texas. This'll be my third year going. Two stages with music that never overlaps (it just switches from stage to stage with minimal downtime), BYOB, food trailers, and entirely on private property. A really cool, family friendly, fun scene.

http://utopiafest.com/

because_minitruck and ChadsPride like this.
  9. Aug 29, 2016 at 8:31 AM
    Texoma

Texoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Poweraid TB spacer, a bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA 2035s headers and dey are perty, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, LR UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, 5 factory 16" steels wit Pep Boys special Dakota Definity MT's in 285/75/16, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more but it's alre
    What kind of music is that? I've never heard of those people/bands.

ChadsPride likes this.
  10. Aug 29, 2016 at 8:34 AM
    wagerhope

Member:
    First Name:
    Wayne
    ATX
    Vehicle:
    It's everything. I only know a few of the bands, but they bring a lot of different styles together. Whiskey Shivers is super fun "trash grass" style music (punk/bluegrass vibe), Chali 2na is a rapper that was in the iconic Jurassic 5 group, Ratatat is electronic, Victor Wooten is a bassist, there's a pipe & drum band, Ruby Jane is a fiddle prodigy... all sorts of stuff.

because_minitruck and ChadsPride like this.
  11. Aug 29, 2016 at 8:36 AM
    wagerhope

Member:
    First Name:
    Wayne
    ATX
    Vehicle:
    Basically, I go more for the scene and less for the particulars of the music. It's usually great and regardless, it's a lot of fun to be there and take it all in.

ChadsPride likes this.
  12. Aug 29, 2016 at 8:36 AM
    Texoma

Texoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Got it. Sounds interesting. Will have to see what's up that weekend.

ChadsPride likes this.
  13. Aug 29, 2016 at 8:37 AM
    -dustin

-dustin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgetown, TX
    MatthewMay1 and ChadsPride like this.
  14. Aug 29, 2016 at 8:45 AM
    because_minitruck

because_minitruck Tejas Über Alles

Member:
    First Name:
    Mud
    Republic of Texas, CSA
    Vehicle:
    Turd gen
    I always wanted to visit Utopea

ChadsPride likes this.
  15. Aug 29, 2016 at 8:47 AM
    wagerhope

Member:
    First Name:
    Wayne
    ATX
    Vehicle:
    Worth it. Also nice, for us Austinites, to be able to get away from ACL.

ChadsPride likes this.
To Top