1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Thanks for the help today Brian

Discussion in 'Northern California' started by CaliAsh, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Oct 18, 2013 at 6:46 PM
    CaliAsh

CaliAsh [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    2012 Taco TRD Sport DCLB
    Trail Limo
    Thanks for the help putting in the CB today and the soldering tips. I think it worked out pretty well all said and done. I just just need to check the tuning.

That and I have a fewer boxes (smaller ones) sitting around in my garage!

2. Oct 18, 2013 at 9:43 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    Let me know if you need help getting rid of all those goods! :D

Today definitely worked out well. I think we came out with a very clean install. Damn that CB is huge though!

I'm already disgusted with my new TV/Internet. None of the On Demand movies work and the internet is even slower. If this shit isn't fixed tommorow I'm cancelling this joke.

3. Oct 18, 2013 at 10:18 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    I'm officially an ass. LoL. Chat rooms are so much more fun than wasted time on phones. Heres from my chat session;

Aditya Potdar: I will send out a technician. Let me check out the availability.

Brian Puhl: Okay. I would like it if he could come out tommorow, because I am leaving Sunday. I would prefer to be here when he fixes things and not my roomate

Aditya Potdar: I understand , let me check.

Aditya Potdar: We have 2 appointments available for tomorrow-12:00 PM - 4:00 PM and 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM

Brian Puhl: WOW A 4 HOUR WINDOW?!

Aditya Potdar: Yes.

Brian Puhl: And it was already bad that I had a three hour window today and your technician did not arrive until a half hour after his appointment window

Brian Puhl: I wasted 5 hours of my day waiting for your technicians. Valuable time that I could have spent getting things accomplished.

Brian Puhl: And now you want to tell me I have to waste another 5 hours....

Brian Puhl: No.

Brian Puhl: Get him out here first thing in the morning, by noon

Aditya Potdar: I understand, I will put notes for the technician so that it would not happen.

Brian Puhl: I have plans in the afternoon. I can manage something in the morning before noon.

Brian Puhl: Or if he arrives right at noon. However, I have things to do before I plan my TAD trip (military).

Brian Puhl: I need this taken care of.

Brian Puhl: Do what you can please. I will call the tech who left me his number as well.

Aditya Potdar: Okay, give me few minutes while I check with the dispatch team.

Brian Puhl: Thank you.

Aditya Potdar: Welcome.

Brian Puhl: Please understand that its not you personally, but I am disgusted because I had to cancel plans this evening because of his tardiness and I am not letting that happen again

Brian Puhl: On top of that my service is far below par.

Aditya Potdar: Well, I wish but unfortunately I do not have any slots in the morning.

Aditya Potdar: The morning slots are over booked.

Brian Puhl: I will deal with it in the morning myself then. Expect that if I am unable to get this work completed before I leave that I will be cancelling this service. I was told that AT&T was a superior service over Comcast and this is only day one and I am disgusted.

Brian Puhl: Schedule the 12PM slot for me if you wish. Note for him to be here before 2 PM. I will wait no longer.

Brian Puhl: I will call the tech who installed my service as well.

Brian Puhl: Have a great night.

4. Oct 18, 2013 at 10:26 PM
    guitarplayer360

guitarplayer360 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Tacoma, TRD Off-Road, 4x4
    4" RCD Lift, BFG A/T 285/70r17s, 17X9 KMC HD Addicts
    I work for AT&T and we basically get the giant huge mega HD internet and TV package for extremely cheap (my discount)... and I have to admit, the quality is sub-par. Sorry you had to deal with that.

I'm leaving in a few weeks though for OCS...cannot wait to get out of there. The workplace environment is just...unbelievably depressing.

Funny chat log though. haha

5. Oct 18, 2013 at 10:29 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    Good luck at OCS!

I still haven't officially cancelled my Comcast, we shall see if they pull through tommorow. The internet is OK honestly, but if I can't attain the advertised speeds, then I am not paying for them. The modem says it can achieve over 60mbps on these lines so I think its a programming issue.

If the tech that came out today to install my service reads this (he is a fellow Tacoma owner as I found out), don't take it personal, your CS rep just made it obvious that you're overbooked.

6. Oct 18, 2013 at 10:43 PM
    guitarplayer360

guitarplayer360 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Tacoma, TRD Off-Road, 4x4
    4" RCD Lift, BFG A/T 285/70r17s, 17X9 KMC HD Addicts
    You most likely will not get a constant 60mbps connection. There will be a bottleneck somewhere between you and the rest of the network...not to mention other traffic in between you and wherever you're visiting. This is the case with any service provider though.

7. Oct 18, 2013 at 11:04 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke

What I'm looking at right now is one of the channels is picking up alot of attenuation. Its also thrown about 4k worth of errors. The quality on that line is about half that of the good line. Funny thing was the guy said that the lines ran two different directions... LoL From everything I've read, I should be plenty capable of getting my rated speed right now, I'm only 1100 feet from the base. I think something might be wrong though, the line quality was good from the first techs readings.

8. Oct 18, 2013 at 11:12 PM
    t4r4life

t4r4life poptard and protein farts

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    East Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    1998 Toyota 4runner
    panty dropping mod
    wow 60mb per second? when i was a kid im lucky to get 60kb/s, imagine downloading counter strike for 16 hours.

9. Oct 19, 2013 at 12:31 AM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    Thanks AT&T!

If this doesn't get fixed tommorow I'm done.

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top