1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The "40+" "Old Timers Thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Matic, Jun 18, 2011.

1. May 29, 2013 at 1:41 PM
    DoorDing

DoorDing Someone was there .

Member:
    bee keeper
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
    Like I said, we've got that, too. The main advantage I see in the BC way is the tight integration of all of the motor services; looks like a one stop shop.

2. May 29, 2013 at 5:41 PM
    Kolunatic

Kolunatic dont tread on me!

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    07,2wd,DC,SRD,TRD Sport,because
    Supply houses suk monkey nuts!

3. May 29, 2013 at 5:43 PM
    Kolunatic

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    That's a joke around here. Just need one Mont of coverage to get tags. Bullshit.

4. May 29, 2013 at 5:46 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T Did you get your precious photos ?

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    What's a " mont of coverage "

5. May 29, 2013 at 6:13 PM
    Kolunatic

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    Check this out.
    Last Thursday troubleshooted a boiler,bypassed low gas pressure switch,boiler fired right up. Check outlet gas pressure at 2.5" water column and I maxed it out. So I need these both. Gave them tank hot water ,took off jumper and headed to supply house.
    The closet a low gas switch was 1-1/2 hr drive,the gas valve had to be ordered. Counter guy called other store and put switch on will call,and he ordered valve.
    I drove to other supply house only to be told they don't have one and who did I talk to. I was pissed. So pissed they gave me low gas off new boiler,I was extremely thankful. Didn't ask for valve cuz it was on order to be delivered to shop.
    Got boiler working and told manager valve is on order but don't know how long it'll last. It lasted till Saturday am. Nothing can be done till yesterday morning.
    I checked it out,no gas. Won't let me jump it. I started calling around for valve,finally got somebody at counter. Was told he couldn't order it Friday cuz computers were down. I said I was fkn in there Thursday am not Friday. Was put on hold,hung up. Got a hold of salesman and explained it all. He said he would find something out. Well I'm pissed,got a headache. Made several calls and then salesman called me back that he found gas valve that's universal and covers all models of boilers I happen to be working on. I said I hadn't heard of that but they're the parts guys so I said ill take it. It was for a tankless boiler but I installed it going by what I was told.
    It worked,it chartered and I increased gas pressure till it was quiet. It didn't last the night.
    I made some calls and the gas valve I had ordered last Thursday to be sent to shop happened to be at supply house. Salesman met me across town. Put it in,got ignition for only 2 seconds. This continued throughout the day. Went thru book,got tech support on phone,told them story. No valve they have is universal. Possibly burnt the flame sensor and possibly the board. So I found the board,sensor but was told to get all parts in case. Everything else needed to be ordered.
    I put sensor in ,same thing. Won't stay lit.board looks good put removed it anyway. Burnt mark on back of board,replaced with new. Same,won't stay lit. Called same guy at tech support and explained how to jump blower switch. Which has to be done after blower comes on. It fired up finally. Tech support said there probably a bird nest in flue?Wtf?! I checked,all clear.
    I called supply house since they didn't have switch and was ordered if they could tell me who had one. He said he had five. Wtf?! I was just there dude!! But it seemed it was my fault that the counter guy looked up part numbers I gave him instead of going by serial number I gave him.
    Other lobe got it for me while I had jumper on boiler. Changed it out,works fine,for how long?

6. May 29, 2013 at 6:15 PM
    Kolunatic

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    Month. Fkn smart phone is as stupid as a counter guy at supply house.

7. May 29, 2013 at 7:32 PM
    DoorDing

Member:
    bee keeper
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
    You had me at the Will-Call part that wasn't there, but the "universal valve" took it to another level. I know there are good people working at parts counters, but we're slouching towards Idiocracy.

8. May 29, 2013 at 8:54 PM
    Kolunatic

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    Yea. The valve came from a " good." One.
    People say,damn,Kevin's a Dick,he's in a bad mood . Fuk no wonder.

9. May 29, 2013 at 8:55 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Every year.
    $180 to $600 depending on the vehicle and it's age and value.

10. May 29, 2013 at 8:59 PM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Oh, California requires that too.
    Drive without insurance and it's a major fine and they impound your car.

Unless you are a hispanic in Los Angeles. Then they give you a warning because you need the car to work to feed your family.
    I am not kidding about that. LAPD won't impound them.

If you let your insurance expire, DMV revokes your registration.

So people just drive an old junker with no license, no registration, and no insurance. If it gets wrecked, they leave the scene. If it gets towed, they give a false name and get another one to replace it.

11. May 29, 2013 at 9:02 PM
    mommehK

mommehK Never let your fear decide your fate

Member:
    First Name:
    Kel
    Durango
    Vehicle:
    08 Black PreRunner TRD
    ProComp 2.5" Level Kit, MB TKO 16" wheels, Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/75/16, Plasti-derp'd grill & back bumper, 13" EuroStyle AntennaX, TRD logo Valve Stem Caps, Debadged, Disable Seatbelt Chime Mod

Emissions Testing is yearly in Georgia & NC, but also only in certain metro area-related counties. $25 each time. Both states also have taxes on top of the yearly renewal fee. Georgia calls it "Ad Valorem" as a property tax, and NC applies a "Highway Use Tax" that is valuation based.

I'm dreading how much the sales tax is going to be on my CO registration...going next week to get that done (finally).

12. May 29, 2013 at 9:02 PM
    Kolunatic

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    La shares a lot with Sa.

13. May 29, 2013 at 9:05 PM
    mommehK

Member:
    First Name:
    Kel
    Durango
    Vehicle:
    08 Black PreRunner TRD
    ProComp 2.5" Level Kit, MB TKO 16" wheels, Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/75/16, Plasti-derp'd grill & back bumper, 13" EuroStyle AntennaX, TRD logo Valve Stem Caps, Debadged, Disable Seatbelt Chime Mod

A lot of the states (if not most by now) require liability insurance proof before you can complete a registration. Quite a number of them do electronic transmittals also so if you get pulled over, the cops can check your tags & see if insurance is valid (instead of handing them card proof). I just got a letter from NC saying my insurance had been cancelled and my registration would be revoked if I didn't send them proof back. I changed insurance over on my BMW to a Colorado policy so NC sees it as "cancelled". Good thing is that I can go online and provide the updated policy information.

14. May 29, 2013 at 9:23 PM
    DoorDing

Member:
    bee keeper
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
  15. May 29, 2013 at 9:41 PM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
  16. May 29, 2013 at 9:43 PM
    mommehK

Member:
    First Name:
    Kel
    Durango
    Vehicle:
    08 Black PreRunner TRD

Soooooooooo much SMDH LOL right now....just wow. I'm a damn girl and can tell that scuffing was from the weights. WUT DUH!?!?!!!

17. May 29, 2013 at 9:47 PM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Some people seriously would not know which end of a soldering iron to pick up and avoid being burned.

BTW: For anyone reading that doesn't know, it is opposite the shiny, silvery, hot end. It usually has a cable coming out of it, but it might have a switch or dial for gas.

There... now you all know the only thing I needed to know to get my 2nd Traffic Signal job :D

18. May 29, 2013 at 9:53 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T Did you get your precious photos ?

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Just came in from a walk , just getting too dark to see outside here

19. May 29, 2013 at 9:55 PM
    DoorDing

Member:
    bee keeper
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
    Let's try to send him to Harbor Freight instead. With all of the crap they sell, they must be masters at dealing with ... well ... idiots.

20. May 29, 2013 at 9:59 PM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Hey, HF is cool.
    If you know EXACTLY what you want, and don't expect it to last beyond a couple of uses.

I'd never buy anything from HF for work, but for home, they aren't horrible.
    Their 100 ton press is the bomb for building AK-47s.

Products Discussed in this Thread

To Top