1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The "40+" "Old Timers Thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Matic, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Jul 2, 2013 at 9:42 PM
    Kolunatic

Kolunatic dont tread on me!

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    07,2wd,DC,SRD,TRD Sport,because
    Damn that's nasty,wait,ill flush.

2. Jul 2, 2013 at 9:44 PM
    Kolunatic

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    Yea that grossed me out,I'm a sik Fuk.

3. Jul 2, 2013 at 9:45 PM
    acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:
    thank god i didn't need an appetite at the moment

4. Jul 2, 2013 at 9:51 PM
    Kolunatic

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    I sent that pic to the two other "repairman" that flaked out and didn't show up yesterday. Couple of,
    Fuksticks.

5. Jul 2, 2013 at 9:52 PM
    acdronin

Member:
    entitled "wish you were here"

6. Jul 2, 2013 at 9:59 PM
    Kolunatic

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    Thinking of you!

7. Jul 2, 2013 at 10:10 PM
    acdronin

Member:
    lol

8. Jul 3, 2013 at 5:17 AM
    DoorDing

DoorDing Intentionally obtuse

Member:
    Bodie, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 RC Off-Road 3.5WD
    yes
    I changed all of mine to that type after we moved in. They look like new after a run through the dishwasher. I gave one to a friend to replace his busted wood POS after his mom complained about it, then installed it because he "couldn't figure it out". :rolleyes:

Just finished Unstoppable. Not really worth the time, but my sleep schedule was screwed up, and I didn't feel like reading. I'm sure there are some great railroad stories to be told without a bunch of BS thrown in to jazz them up. Air brake fail-safe systems are basically all the same, and I've yet to see Hollywood get it right.

I saw a documentary about a rail disaster in Paris where a conductor painstakingly defeated the air brake system of his train, contributing to a crash. All a screenwriter has to do is spend a few hours talking to someone in the field, and they'd have a few credible ideas to work with. The San Bernadino train disaster would be an excellent reference. "The air brakes don't work!" is right up there with "I'm so serious, I chambered a round ... again ... and again!"

9. Jul 3, 2013 at 5:39 AM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Wildwood, MO
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TRD Off Road Magnetic Gray
    Factory Roof Rack, Westin Tube Steps, AVS Bugflector and Wind Deflectors, RideRite Air Bags, Custom Bed Rack, CVT Roof-Top Tent, Weathertech Floor Mats, Redline Hood Supports, Pop-N-Lock Tailgate Lock, some stickers
    Uh, you put toilet seats in the dishwasher? Not sure my wife would be OK with that, but I will sure make the suggestion just to see her reaction. I don't see a problem with it, great idea.

The dude that couldn't figure out the installation should have his man card revoked.

10. Jul 3, 2013 at 5:54 AM
    DoorDing

Member:
    Bodie, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 RC Off-Road 3.5WD
    yes
    Just wash them when she isn't home. My Bosch has a sterilization cycle, the seats have some anti-bacterial properties, and they don't get that dirty, anyway.

Toilet Seat Friend is an interesting guy. We've done 14ers, canoed the Boundary Waters, hiked Grand Canyon, and other "manly" things, but he's completely inept at mechanical tasks. Teaching him to drive a econobox with a manual transmission was a treat.

11. Jul 3, 2013 at 6:02 AM
    JCruiser

JCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Master Chief (E-9) USN (Ret)
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Prerunner SR-5 A/T 6Cyl
    Pioneer AVH P 2400BT, powder coated wheels, fog light mod, tail gate anti-theft, Classio leather seat covers, light bar with KC off-road lights, rocker panel protection strips, bed compartment door locks, addl. bed "D" rings, window tint & floor mats.
    Be sure to spray the surface with a spray adhesive. Then tell the wife it's fixed and to go try it out. I assure you, it will be the last time the wife will ever ask you to fix anything.
    True story: years ago mine kept on bugging me about leaving the seat ring up. I glued the lid to the seat right so it became one piece. I figured with women's rights and all, I wanted to be politically correct. They want to open their own doors, pump their own gas, have a credit card in their own name, equal pay for equal work... they can lift the seat or close them both. In the middle of the night I hear my name called out with plenty of adjectives, adverbs, etc. All I could do is grab my pillow and go to the couch....and laughed until the sun came up. Of course I had to go buy a new toilet seat the next day. I got the one that Kolunatic suggested... Now that I am older and retired, I am the guy that has to clean house, so make it easy on yourself... buy a good one.

[​IMG]

$12.00

http://www.homedepot.com/p/10011801...egorylevel2Horizontal1-4-_-NA-_-202757529-_-N

12. Jul 3, 2013 at 6:09 AM
    DoorDing

Member:
    Bodie, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 RC Off-Road 3.5WD
    yes
    ^^^ And that's how 3M Super 77 caused a divorce. :)

The seats that came with my Kohler toilets don't even require loosening the plastic hardware. Once mounted, a good tug straight forward unclips them from the plastic heads.

13. Jul 3, 2013 at 6:09 AM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Wildwood, MO
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TRD Off Road Magnetic Gray
    Factory Roof Rack, Westin Tube Steps, AVS Bugflector and Wind Deflectors, RideRite Air Bags, Custom Bed Rack, CVT Roof-Top Tent, Weathertech Floor Mats, Redline Hood Supports, Pop-N-Lock Tailgate Lock, some stickers
    Gah, you know you are getting old when you get mildly excited about doing the "self-closing toilet seat mod" to your house.

I have 2 daughters, so I am outnumbered, but I do have my own bathroom in the basement where I can leave the seat up.

14. Jul 3, 2013 at 6:13 AM
    DoorDing

Member:
    Bodie, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 RC Off-Road 3.5WD
    yes
    I like the soft close feature. No more dropped seats or lids waking me up, or squawks about the seat being left up. What I don't like is someone leaving a plumber's breakfast in the bowl and closing the lid. It happens a lot more often than I ever left a seat up.

15. Jul 3, 2013 at 8:04 AM
    DoorDing

Member:
    Bodie, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 RC Off-Road 3.5WD
    yes
    I was just thinking about this. We can't lose this data point.

Bob should use a lap counter with you, or scientific notation. Maybe he could create a unit of measurement. 100,000 posts = 1 OZ-T, something like that.

16. Jul 3, 2013 at 2:50 PM
    Kolunatic

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    I used to be told I left the seat up,but my wife leaves the seat down. So I started closing lid,its for that reason,its neutral,Switzerland. She hated that more.
    Now I have a mancave,seat stays up when I want. And leave a plumbers breakfast when I can:)

17. Jul 3, 2013 at 6:30 PM
    acdronin

Member:
  18. Jul 3, 2013 at 6:33 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T Thats what it is to be a slave ...

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
  19. Jul 3, 2013 at 6:40 PM
    916 YATES

916 YATES Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB Grey TRD Sport
    emblems and decals removed, added TRD special edition badges, Sway A Way's front and rear, SCS stealth 6's, Toyo A/T II 265/70/17
    Wild looking rides, the one that confused me was baja bug with huge dually rear end. Some look pretty serious though.

20. Jul 3, 2013 at 9:12 PM
    acdronin

Member:
    Needed a belt sander for this painting job, too much work for my pad sander, found this little well loved dealy on Craigslist for $45, 2 speed B&D, way tougher than the Ryobi and most of the other crap i saw in HD today.[​IMG]

Products Discussed in this Thread

To Top