1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The "40+" "Old Timers Thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Matic, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Jul 21, 2013 at 9:01 PM
    DoorDing

DoorDing Someone was there .

Member:
    bee keeper
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
    "Uncle" was a smart move for all involved. He knows how to get in touch and has. The boy could've done far worse.

2. Jul 21, 2013 at 9:47 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Ya... I had to pull a few $trings with Social Services to make all of the arrangements.
    It was obvious that I was supporting the family with two jobs and wasn't home to witness the alleged issues. CPS interviewed family members on both sides. While all owned homes, Mom's side wasn't far from a trailer park.

$o I u$ed some leverage, and rea$oned with the $ocial worker that my $ister$ home was a more $table environment than being bounced through fo$ter home$. He $aid that it is highly unu$ual for a family member to participate in an adoption, but the background check$ of my family and $urpri$e vi$it$ to my $i$ter'$ home $howed a $olid environment and they $aw no rea$on that they $ould not allow a full adoption to proceed if Tammy and I were willing to relinqui$h our parental right$.

So we did, and as soon as it was final, I gave the ex the boot and she moved back in with her dad.

Understand this was a no-win for us. We followed all of their rules. Went to their parenting classes and counseling sessions. They'd grant custody for a month, then put him back into foster care saying that there was no evidence that we had "bonded"... no shit Sherlock. He's been in our home for 1 month out of the last 12 and he can't even talk yet!

If I had the money for a good attorney, I'd have fucked them over hard.
    The whole basis for the seizure was a diagnosed "Failure to Thrive" because he was moderately underweight.
    At the time they released him to my sister's permanent custody, they ruled that the "underweight" status was genetic and saw no need for further medical treatment.

At the time, I was 135 lbs.

3. Jul 21, 2013 at 9:52 PM
    scocar

scocar being weird again....still

Member:
    First Name:
    Glitterdick
    In close proximity to an undisclosed location
    Vehicle:
    15 DCLB x4 SR5, 01 Xcab TRD x4 V6 Man. SR5
    01: OME 881s, Dakars, greasable shackles, Nitrocharger sports, extended exhaust hanger, BAMF BPV relocate, Wheeler's extended brake line, rear diff breather mod, swaybar removed, Pilot backup lights, Redline hood struts, 4Runner 5-stars, Hidden Hitch Class III, 7-pin marine-grade wiring
    Looks like a Class A DB
    You've done Steve Perry a disservice, sir.

4. Jul 21, 2013 at 9:53 PM
    DoorDing

Member:
    bee keeper
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
    I hate hearing about how The System dropped the ball. I know it happens, but it's always a good reminder when someone shares their story; sorry it was you. One good thing came out of it. If you had any doubts about your sister and brother-in-law, that should've settled them.

5. Jul 21, 2013 at 10:02 PM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    It was the hair.

And I said "not as good looking"

I'd fuck Steve Perry in the ass before I'd fuck Lungboy :D

6. Jul 21, 2013 at 10:06 PM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Ya, I really never figured out what the genesis was. I know a couple of our neighbors wanted me to fuck them, and I know one (Navy wife) seemed to have something against my wife. I really suspect that it was the latter.

Who knows... maybe my wife fucked her hubby. Wouldn't surprise me.

I should have fucked the two neighbors rather than just our roommate :D

7. Jul 21, 2013 at 10:07 PM
    DoorDing

Member:
    bee keeper
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
    If I'd had a lung transplant, I'd be in a lot of pain after reading that. :D

8. Jul 21, 2013 at 10:09 PM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Jul 22, 2013 at 12:09 AM
    DoorDing

Member:
    bee keeper
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  10. Jul 24, 2013 at 12:04 AM
    DoorDing

Member:
    bee keeper
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
    I'm watching Concorde: The Final Flight, thinking about the SR-71 and the Shuttle, and I came across this video in another thread:

http://youtu.be/Dxy4n0UT82o

Which reminded me of this video:

http://youtu.be/IjYkYQDweVg

Note that Honda's past looked a hell of a lot more exciting than their present.

I'd sure like to see evidence that we aren't on the downhill side of greatness. I know lots of amazing tech has appeared over the last 20 years, but as was said on the Concorde documentary, for the first time in recent memory, humanity is taking a step back. When I was a kid, I knew we'd have a moon base and be on Mars by now. No doubt about it. Now, I don't think humanity could muster the cooperation and will to land on the moon in ten years.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  11. Jul 24, 2013 at 7:24 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T Did you get your precious photos ?

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    That Concorde documentary is great

12. Jul 24, 2013 at 7:18 PM
    DoorDing

Member:
    bee keeper
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
    It was. I didn't realize it's been grounded for 10 years now.

Several years ago, I had a chance to examine an SR-71 a little closer than normal. It's hard to really get a feel for how big the plane is until you're standing next to the afterburner assembly. Pure raw awesome power.

13. Jul 25, 2013 at 8:05 PM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Incredible bird.

I saw it at one of it's last appearances at the airshow at Edwards.

14. Jul 25, 2013 at 8:14 PM
    DoorDing

Member:
    bee keeper
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
    I never saw a Concorde or Blackbird in flight, but I've enjoyed a B-1B flyover at 500 feet, with full afterburner. The organizers of the town parade got a bit more excitement than they wanted (screaming kids & shattered windows), but I was grinning for minutes.

15. Jul 25, 2013 at 8:29 PM
    CaliAsh

CaliAsh Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    2012 Taco TRD Sport DCLB
    Trail Limo
    I see the SR-71 every once in a while flying near me but never land. Touch and Goes since there are no chase cars at the airport I am near.

Last time I saw a B1-B was when I was landing at the airport on Oahu and the HI Air National guard had them parked near their hangers. That was a while ago though. I do remember seeing one at a airshow back in the 80's during my younger years and being in awe.

16. Jul 27, 2013 at 1:28 PM
    VE7OSR

VE7OSR 'interfering with Darwin since 1990'

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob II
    Okanagan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB TRD Sport
    Armour: All-Pro Skid plates - IFS, transmission, and transfer case. Front Suspension: Revtek 3" lift replaced with -> OME 885 + NitroCharger 9000 shocks + 1/2" spacers for a 3" lift. Superbumps replacing stock bumpstops. Camburg ball joint UCA SS braid brake lines Rear Suspension: Revtek blocks replaced with -> All-Pro Expedition rear leafs, Walker Evans 27" rear shocks, extended rear brake lines (Wheelers Offroad), U -bolt flip kit, rear Timbren bumpstops. Interior: Weatherteck floor liners - front, Wet Okoles- front, ScanGauge, LED interior & map lights. Power moonroof. Exterior: Raider Cobra canopy, PIAA bulbs, LED bulbs all around, modified flasher unit for LEDs Rear diff breather mod. Front diff vibe problem, driver's side needle bearing replaced with ECGS bushing. yet to install: HID Blazer Fog Retrofit, LED Flood & Spot, + switches, fuse panel. Metal Tech Sliders w/ kickout and dimple die filler plates. swaybar relocate blocks (build my own)
    latest project I'm working on; one of the things I do for fun - providing wilderness experiences to those with mobility challenges that might not normally get the chance to, or want to get back out there connecting to nature.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/awe--2

https://www.facebook.com/adaptivewildernessexperience

Yes, we're looking for financial support through crowd source funding, and this is me spreading the word. If you like what we're doing, have questions, feel free to ask or share with others if you like. And if not that's okay too.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  17. Jul 27, 2013 at 4:04 PM
    acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Finally a vaca for reals, resisting the urge to throw the Blackberry into the ocean and just say fuck it, I'm stayin here, greetings from the Oregon Dunes
    [​IMG]

18. Jul 27, 2013 at 4:17 PM
    Erik65

Erik65 Dog slave

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Oxford, MA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Timberland Mica TX Pro DC
    Stainless exhaust, 16" TRD wheels, 285x75x16 MTR Kevlars, Icon Stage IV, Icon Secondary shock hoop with adjustable remote reservoir bypass shocks, ATO shackle flip kit, AP U-bolt flip, AP Skids (IFS, transmission, T-case, diff cover)
    Nice! :jellydance:

19. Jul 27, 2013 at 6:47 PM
    VE7OSR

VE7OSR 'interfering with Darwin since 1990'

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob II
    Okanagan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB TRD Sport
    Armour: All-Pro Skid plates - IFS, transmission, and transfer case. Front Suspension: Revtek 3" lift replaced with -> OME 885 + NitroCharger 9000 shocks + 1/2" spacers for a 3" lift. Superbumps replacing stock bumpstops. Camburg ball joint UCA SS braid brake lines Rear Suspension: Revtek blocks replaced with -> All-Pro Expedition rear leafs, Walker Evans 27" rear shocks, extended rear brake lines (Wheelers Offroad), U -bolt flip kit, rear Timbren bumpstops. Interior: Weatherteck floor liners - front, Wet Okoles- front, ScanGauge, LED interior & map lights. Power moonroof. Exterior: Raider Cobra canopy, PIAA bulbs, LED bulbs all around, modified flasher unit for LEDs Rear diff breather mod. Front diff vibe problem, driver's side needle bearing replaced with ECGS bushing. yet to install: HID Blazer Fog Retrofit, LED Flood & Spot, + switches, fuse panel. Metal Tech Sliders w/ kickout and dimple die filler plates. swaybar relocate blocks (build my own)
    ^^^ echo that ...sun, sand, ocean!!!

20. Jul 27, 2013 at 8:03 PM
    CaliAsh

CaliAsh Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    2012 Taco TRD Sport DCLB
    Trail Limo
    :thumbsup:

Get a good picture of the truck out there and send it to Vin.

Products Discussed in this Thread

To Top