1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The "40+" "Old Timers Thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Matic, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Sep 9, 2013 at 2:35 PM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    South FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    :amen:
    Actually I pretty much stopped, only on occasion anymore

2. Sep 9, 2013 at 2:54 PM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Wildwood, MO
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TRD Off Road Magnetic Gray
    Factory Roof Rack, Westin Tube Steps, AVS Bugflector and Wind Deflectors, RideRite Air Bags, Custom Bed Rack, CVT Roof-Top Tent, Weathertech Floor Mats, Redline Hood Supports, Pop-N-Lock Tailgate Lock, some stickers
    I still play when I have time, but I prefer to be outside. Dead of winter and hot summer days will keep me inside at times.

I just finished Metro: Last Light, great game. But, I am an ex-programmer and kind of a geek, so I like to play with the new systems and see what they are capable of, and I like some of the off-beat more artistic games.

3. Sep 9, 2013 at 5:19 PM
    DoorDing

DoorDing Someone was there .

Member:
    bee keeper
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
    Not much any more. Nothing weird about an adult playing games. I'd much rather see people keeping their mind active than completely vegetating in front of the screen.

Glad you answered the call-out. Amazing what damage we can take. Anyone that hasn't watched or read Touching the Void really should. Incredible.

:rolleyes: We're familiar with all of your funny hats.

4. Sep 9, 2013 at 9:33 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Why the fuck not???

Is he some kind of hippie Canadian? ;)

5. Sep 9, 2013 at 9:37 PM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Not so much anymore. Counterstrike and Quake-III Weapons Factory were my biggies. Terrorist/counterterrorist lost a lot of it's lustre after 9-11, and about the same time, everyone started using the skin cheats and speed cheats and the wall cheat, and Steam wasn't fully functional yet... so I pretty much hung it up around '02 or '03.

Since then I've been too active on the forums to spend time gaming... and I'm rarely active on more than 2 or 3 forums at a time... just not enough time and still have a life away from the desk.

6. Sep 9, 2013 at 9:40 PM
    Valsmere

Valsmere Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    EXPENSIVE
    tail gate lock, rear view mirror bracket, hood hinge brackets, and the list grows.
    I still do but its games like World of Tanks mostly. My son and I will mess around with Madden on PS 3 but nothing serious.

7. Sep 9, 2013 at 9:59 PM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    South FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    He was born and raised in LA. He's not like me, didnt grow up with them so he never saw a need or had a desire to get into them.
    Trust me, he lives in LA, I have TRIED to get him to at least go and shoot and get a gun. I am working on moving down their. If that happens, he will learn the way of the gun...if this all goes right.

I found out some disturbing shit today. She had a huge bruise on her face all of a sudden. Funny how allegedly when it happened she was texting his sister and never once even hinted at the fact that he hit her, all she had to talk about is how he cheated on her. You would think, that immediately after getting "beaten" she would have lost interest in how she got cheated on and focused on her "beating" or better yet, worrying about her son!

Fucking bitch either did it to herself or went and paid some thug to do it for her. Not to mention, I forgot to add, she did this to her ex husband.

8. Sep 9, 2013 at 10:06 PM
    DoorDing

Member:
    bee keeper
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
    I wonder if she has a facial fracture. That might be what bumped it to a felony. I hope he's happy with his lawyer.

9. Sep 9, 2013 at 10:08 PM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    South FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    No just a slap mark, no facial fracture.
    Not to mention she maced him with a full can of mace while he was getting HIS surf board from the back. He was no where near her.
    He says the guy is good. I hope so.

10. Sep 9, 2013 at 10:14 PM
    DoorDing

Member:
    bee keeper
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
    I hope whatever happened is what comes out in court. A DV conviction of any type can be a serious problem in the future.

If he ever starts backpedaling and wants to reconcile, you have our permission to monkey stomp him.

11. Sep 9, 2013 at 10:31 PM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    South FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    He's after blood.

Bitch is trying to take his kid.

12. Sep 9, 2013 at 10:32 PM
    DoorDing

Member:
    bee keeper
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
    Awww fuck. I hope he knows this will probably be a long, painful process.

13. Sep 9, 2013 at 10:34 PM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    DV is a "wobbler"... it may be charged as misdo or felony.
    The arresting officer will nearly always book a wobbler as a felony and let the DA decide.

14. Sep 9, 2013 at 10:41 PM
    DoorDing

Member:
    bee keeper
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
    A judge probably already set something up, but he'll probably want a no-contact order against her ASAP. These things are like tar babies. The more contact those two have, the worse this mess will get for both of them.

If the kid is a point of contention, everyone involved with caring for the child should know if she isn't allowed to pick the child up or otherwise have contact. People take mean to a whole new level with this stuff, and it's fairly common for an ex to pick up a kid from daycare or school just to fuck with the other half. From what you've said, that's just the kind of move she'd make to goad him into some kind of stupidity, and that'll just work against him. I know he's probably pissed a the cops right now, but they can work for him if he stays smart about all of this.

15. Sep 9, 2013 at 10:42 PM
    Matic

Matic [OP] Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Greenville,sc
    Vehicle:
    2002 TRD prerunner,SR5, doublecab
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. OME aal with OME nitrochargers out back. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate.
    Blew a tire coming into work tonight. 1/4 mile away. Went ahead and walked into work. Was late. Said fuckit and took an hour personal and walked back and changed it while it sat in a ditch.
    12am with nothing but a mag lite and a hi lift jack.
    Pretty sketch but i made it back into work.

16. Sep 9, 2013 at 10:48 PM
    DoorDing

Member:
    bee keeper
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
    I know, but like I said, I wonder what elevated this case. A bruised cheek from a slap isn't all that much of an injury; not enough to rate a felony charge, IMO. My guess is her account has some extra (probably unverifiable) details which led the officers to go felony.

That's also why I recommended he document every detail he possibly could. You never know when a seemingly minor detail will blow a BS story out of the water, but you only get one chance at taking those photos, or remembering dates/times, etc.

17. Sep 9, 2013 at 10:49 PM
    DoorDing

Member:
    bee keeper
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
    Hi-Lift + ditch + dark + pissed = Excitement!

Glad you're safely back on the road.

18. Sep 9, 2013 at 10:50 PM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    South FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Yeah, thats the problem, he doesnt like drama, so me and his sister need to convince him that he needs to tow the line and deal with the drama.

Fucking mess

19. Sep 9, 2013 at 10:58 PM
    DoorDing

Member:
    bee keeper
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
    Getting even never works, and trying will likely end up making everything worse.

I know he's talked with his lawyer, but do you know any cops? He might listen to someone that's seen how this plays out hundreds of times in the real world. My advice to motivate him to keep his shit together is to focus on what he needs to do to take care of his kid. If he's in jail, working his ass off to pay legal bills, or looking for work because he lost his job while in jail, he can't do right by his kid. Focus on the kid, and let the bitch stew in her own drama.

20. Sep 9, 2013 at 11:00 PM
    Matic

Matic [OP] Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Greenville,sc
    Vehicle:
    2002 TRD prerunner,SR5, doublecab
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. OME aal with OME nitrochargers out back. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate.
    That's exactly how I felt.
    It kicked out on me twice but they were soft landings.
    Adrenaline levels are still quite high.

All is well. Thx man.

Products Discussed in this Thread

To Top