1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The "40+" "Old Timers Thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Matic, Jun 18, 2011.

1. DoorDing

DoorDing Thank you, Nancy Roman

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
    To their credit, it wasn't a Honda problem. First time I've had a problem with a Hoppy product, though.

2. Kolunatic

Kolunatic dont tread on me!

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    07,2wd,DC,SRD,TRD Sport,because
    Nice work man,:thumbsup:

3. acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Update Operation Yellow Nuke:

After fighting them in the streets and hills for a week, they started going under the house to get to the nest and I called in the air strike, they sprayed a poison which should wipe them out in a few days. I went to show the guy the nest location and I roll right up to it and he jumped back with all the yeloow jackets flying around, I got a kick outta that. Day Two of Operation Air Burst and enemy activity has dropped off dramatically.

In other news I found a eighth of nice green weed on the ground at a gas station last night, I went in and asked the chicano guy behind the counter if he smoked, he said yes so i gave it to him, hate to see good weed go to waste:p

4. Kolunatic

Kolunatic dont tread on me!

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    07,2wd,DC,SRD,TRD Sport,because
    That was a nice deed,:headbang:

5. Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    South FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Your a Samaritan:D

6. Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    South FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Fucking bitches, no wonder I am single.

My cousin's babies momma went into his computer and found a bunch of old emails for some other bitches.
    Went all belligerent on him, slapped him 3 times before he grabbed her and threw her off him, she fell into the grass and he left when she said GTFO of the house he pays for.
    He came back to pick up his surf boards and she maced him with a full can, called the cops, he got arrested for domestic violence and spent the night in jail.
    Now he is facing felony domestic charges. I know my cousin, he would NEVER hit a chic, most mello dude out there. Only reason he threw her was cause she was wailing on him, just to get her off of him.
    Not the first time she has done this either, she did it to her ex husband. The laws are so fucked on this, the guy is always the bad guy.

7. Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Tell him to get a GOOD lawyer ASAP, and whatever he does, DO NOT ACCEPT A PLEA BARGAIN TO MISDEMEANOR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE!

Thanks to Senator Lautenberg, Misdemeanor DV carries a lifetime firearms prohibition on the federal level.

8. DoorDing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
    I despise people that beat on their family & significant others, regardless of gender. He may have gone to jail, but that's not the end of it. If he's innocent and works the system, he still has a good chance of being exonerated.

Tell him to have decent photos (not shitty cell phone shots) taken of himself immediately, even of uninjured areas. Face, back, chest, hands (both sides), arms, legs, feet, the works. Same for the clothes he was wearing during the fight, and any damage to his vehicle or other property. Take photos of any text messages, emails, FB crap, etc. Make audio recordings of any voicemails. Whoever takes the photos should be prepared to go to court to testify about their content.

Have him write a detailed account about the event, starting before everything went to shit, and ending with his arrest. Keep a log of anything noteworthy after the arrest, too. My guess is he's subject to some kind of court order to stay away from her, and he definitely needs to leave her be. If she tries to bait him into violating the order, he needs to document that in the log and record her attempts, too. He should also try to recall past fights and log those, too.

He needs an attorney tomorrow. They'll know how his local laws work and should help him navigate through all of this, but only if he stays calm and listens. If he needs to collect some things from their place, the attorney can tell him how to do that without violating a court order or otherwise getting himself in trouble. If they have any joint accounts, an attorney can help sort that out, too. If he has any firearms, he better check that he's not currently prohibited from possessing them.

I hope they don't have any kids together. If not, he needs to move on. Once a history of domestic violence is established, it's very difficult to break it and maintain the relationship. Aside from the above, the best thing you can do is be a solid source of support and guidance. It's very easy to let anger take over and that usually ends badly.
    A plea is something to consider with an attorney, but I'd be very reluctant to do it. I'd be curious to know what elevated this to a felony charge. Domestic Battery is usually a misdemeanor offense. It usually takes a severe injury (or threat of one), the use of a weapon, etc. to bump it to a felony.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  9. Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    If she's got a restraining order on him, he is. They need to be transferred ASAP.

$35 per transfer.

10. DoorDing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
    He may be able to simply give them to someone else to hold for him. I think it depends on the state laws. Either way, he needs to run all of this by his attorney tomorrow.

11. Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    State law, they have to be transferred into custody of an FFL or "sold"... sale would be $35 for the PPT to get them out of his hands and into the hands of a trusted friend, who could "sell" them back when it's over and done.

Custody of an FFL... hopefully they don't get sold by an employee, and it'll still cost him $30 per handgun and $30 per every 4 long guns to get them back.
    Assuming this won't be wrapped up until after January, it'll likely be $30 per long gun.

He could turn them into the police for safe keeping, but that would require a LEGR at $99 per firearm to be returned.

California law, I can let another person borrow a firearm for no more than 30 days. On day 31, it becomes an illegal transfer, but regardless, as long as I retain legal ownership, I am considered to be "in possession", and with a RO, that is prohibited. Can't even have magazines or ammo as a prohibited person.

12. DoorDing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
    Just a small taste of how screwed up it is to have 50 (or more) different flavors of gun laws in the U.S. I'd like to see a lot of that federalized, but I doubt that'll ever happen. Too many people on the extremes that won't give an inch.

13. DoorDing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
    I think I figured out what was up someone's ass. His response in the trail damage thread seemed off, then I remembered this exchange:
    :)

14. TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Wildwood, MO
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TRD Off Road Magnetic Gray
    Factory Roof Rack, Westin Tube Steps, AVS Bugflector and Wind Deflectors, RideRite Air Bags, Custom Bed Rack, CVT Roof-Top Tent, Weathertech Floor Mats, Redline Hood Supports, Pop-N-Lock Tailgate Lock, some stickers
    This may be old news, but I was feeling lazy and checking out stuff on Netflix this weekend. Found a two short series called Long Way Round and Long Way Down. In the first one, Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman ride expedition bikes from London to NY going east through Mongolia and Siberia. In the second they ride from northern Scotland down to Cape Town, South Africa. They get some help crossing rivers in Siberia, pretty impressive remote wheeling being done there.

I have had an itch to build an expedition rig and drive down to Tierra del Fuego. Wish I had the financial backing like those guys!

15. Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    South FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Thanks for the advice boys. I will tell him all that. He has a lawyer. Just hope it works for him. And he doesnt have any weapons. Guess we will see how it works out.

16. DoorDing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
    I'll have to look those up. I knew they made the rides on BMW GS bikes. If you're interested in that sort of thing, Neil Peart made some similar solo rides and wrote about them.

17. Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    South FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    I have seen those, just havent been motivated to watch them. Are they good? I think I need to add them to my list of things to watch.

18. DoorDing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
    Rich2 thinks so, and I've heard the same. Here's more about them.

19. SABAJA

SABAJA Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Antonio
    Vehicle:
    13 Baja TX edition
    HEY! Since when is 40 old?!

20. acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:
    old to the younger idiots, not to us:D

To Top