1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The Audiophile's BS Thread

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by brian, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Sep 26, 2013 at 1:15 PM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    Yes dash kit, sorry my bad.....Thanks for the info.

2. Nov 11, 2013 at 7:21 PM
    Oowen

Oowen Goes through trucks faster then underwear

Member:
    First Name:
    Owen
    Elko, NV
    Vehicle:
    15 DCSB
    Garage Queen
    I have a pioneer 1200 watt 4 channel amp powering two 10" thin mount subs. How would I go about tuning the amp?
    Thanks

3. Nov 12, 2013 at 6:34 AM
    mistert

mistert Well-Known Member

Member:
    Macon, GA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5
    Bull Bar with fog lights, Pioneer DVD Stereo, Alpine Type R (front), Kicker 2 way (rear fill), Rockford Fosgate sub, JL Audio 300/4, Kicker 750.1, cheap spacer lift (came with the truck), BF Goodrich tires
    Does the wire going to the amp have an inline fuse? Did you check that? Is your ground wire securely grounded to the chassis of the car? Check your amp fuse. Did you run remote wire from your head unit to your amp? The remote wire tells the amp to turn on when your head unit is on. Is the amp new or did you buy used? You can bring it to a stereo shop who then can test it.

4. Nov 12, 2013 at 3:22 PM
    Oowen

Oowen Goes through trucks faster then underwear

Member:
    First Name:
    Owen
    Elko, NV
    Vehicle:
    15 DCSB
    Garage Queen
    I actually got it working. In my ignorance I didn't run the remote wire:eek:

5. Nov 13, 2013 at 6:07 AM
    mistert

mistert Well-Known Member

Member:
    Macon, GA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5
    Bull Bar with fog lights, Pioneer DVD Stereo, Alpine Type R (front), Kicker 2 way (rear fill), Rockford Fosgate sub, JL Audio 300/4, Kicker 750.1, cheap spacer lift (came with the truck), BF Goodrich tires
    I had a similar problem, but it was with the relay that the remote wires were all going to. :p

6. Dec 26, 2013 at 2:04 PM
    Warhorseforever

Warhorseforever Will The Thrill

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Sand Lapper
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner SR5
    Kenwood KDC-348U HU Kicker DS65 Front Doors Only 2 Polk Audio MM840 Kenwood KAC 8105D for subs SuperCrewSound.com behind rear seat sub box
    Hey Steve if you could put your old tang band system in your truck would you? What would you change about it or try to better? I've got the itch to change up my subs and go with more smaller woofers rather than my single 10 hoping it'll be more of a transparent bass rather than SPL focused like my alpine.

Products Discussed in

To Top