1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The Blizzard thread

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ColdZeroBSP, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Feb 3, 2011 at 6:48 AM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    I'm just below the red, in Eastern Conncticut. Fun stuff.:goingcrazy:

2. Feb 3, 2011 at 7:07 AM
    georgeandkanoa

georgeandkanoa the point is simply this

Member:
    First Name:
    jeff
    calgary
    Vehicle:
    07 tacoma trd
    bilstein5100's front tinted windows access cover pioneer stereo weathertechs grillcraft grill kc's behind cbi sliders
    lucky bastards:D

3. Feb 3, 2011 at 7:58 AM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!

Im in the RED! Freeking lot of snow this year. More on the way as well!:) Wish they get more up north for the snowmobile areas.

4. Feb 3, 2011 at 8:55 AM
    BlueT

BlueT Well-Known Member

Member:
    NorthEast
    Vehicle:
    07 Dbl Cab LB with LSD
    I moded 1999 Taco so much it had turned to Land Cruiser
    That is true, had lots of fun with the truck this year. Owning 2gen truck ... FTW
    Probably Saturday going to hit trail again. Drag kids on sleds behind the truck. I love the look of people driving full size trucks seeing Tacoma disappearing off the road, those chickens are afraid to follow. :D
    Whats the point of owning big truck if you have to stay on the road.

5. Feb 3, 2011 at 9:35 AM
    j0sh

j0sh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD Sport 4x4
    AFE Filter, TRD Catback
    Wish I had pics of mine on Tuesday. We got 20" where I'm at in Oklahoma, and ice under that. Truck has done awesome so far and I have helped pull out several people. Although I did get sucked into a ditch with about 3' of snow... Almost got out but then it shifted more and I couldn't budge. Luckily a friend was about and able to pull me out. btw Duratracs rock in this stuff!

6. Feb 3, 2011 at 1:48 PM
    oldtacomaguy

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    I just saw on the news that an SUV with 10 people in it went off a bridge and into a river in OKC. Temp was like 10 below.:pray:

7. Feb 3, 2011 at 2:03 PM
    Killian

Killian Member

Member:
    Normal, IL
    Vehicle:
    '10 Super White TRD Sport Double Cab
    We ended up with 13 inches here in central Illinois. Mine stayed in the garage all warm and cozy for a day and a half.
    Bad thing is on my way to work this morning the fan only runs on high.
    I guess she wanted to play in the snow.

8. Feb 3, 2011 at 2:27 PM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    Oh yeah I forget about RI, yup you in the red too....that is a lot of snow :eek:
    Ah the roof rakes are the best tool eva!

Yeah the snows just keep coming snow snow snow

Where ya putting all that white gold Dave?

Come on up to Vermont (not Woodford on the Weekends) but the NEK or Groton area off I91 the trails were beautiful before this last storm they will be primo now. My neighbor Todd and I are heading out tomorrow before the trails get trashed over the weekend. You can basically pick any part of the state right now and its prime conditions. Border to Border ride 4500 miles of trails...

:pray:

9. Feb 3, 2011 at 2:31 PM
    oldtacomaguy

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    Fortunately, I'm in the country, plenty of room to pile it up. I was in Providence last night, driving in the city is a challenge. You can't see around the corners and the secondary roads still have snow on them. I saw a pile in a parking lot that was at least 30 feet.

10. Feb 3, 2011 at 8:47 PM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    SCS Stealth 6 Wheels, 285/70/17 STT Pros, Demello Offroad front bumper, 20" LED Bar, LED Fogs, LED interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Body Armour Rear Bumper, Smittybilt 10K winch, 3" OME Lift
    I hate you guys. I'd love a blizzard. This is what we got tonight...

[​IMG]

We've had 2 good snows this year: 10" and a foot. I love it, but we dont' get it often :(

11. Feb 4, 2011 at 6:58 AM
    TRD4x4JIM

TRD4x4JIM Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JIM
    Hartland U S A
    Vehicle:
    2010 toyota tacoma TRD 4X4 OFFROAD
    4.0L V6 DOHC 24V 236hp 5 Speed Auto trans Part Time 4x4 2 Speed Transfer case Auto LSD, 16" TRD wheels, VSC TRAC TPMS, TRD OFF-ROAD EXTRA VALUE PACKAGE.... OFF-ROAD TUNED Suspension, Bilstein Shocks... Locking Differential.. VSC + ATRAC , HAC, DAC, SKID PLATES TOW HOOKS POWER INVERTER,FOG LAMPS , WINDOW TINT, RUNNING BOARDS ROOF RACK DOOR SILL PROTECTORS hot plug for my cell phone... A R E camper shell
    I was out playing with my new Tacoma and i found EMSA was stuck so i said lets try this! EMSA was trying to go to a call we had 14.2" snow...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]:burnrubber:

12. Feb 4, 2011 at 7:08 AM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    ^^^ How did it do?

13. Feb 4, 2011 at 10:03 AM
    TRD4x4JIM

Member:
    First Name:
    JIM
    Hartland U S A
    Vehicle:
    4.0L V6 DOHC 24V 236hp 5 Speed Auto trans Part Time 4x4 2 Speed Transfer case Auto LSD, 16" TRD wheels, VSC TRAC TPMS, TRD OFF-ROAD EXTRA VALUE PACKAGE.... OFF-ROAD TUNED Suspension, Bilstein Shocks... Locking Differential.. VSC + ATRAC , HAC, DAC, SKID PLATES TOW HOOKS POWER INVERTER,FOG LAMPS , WINDOW TINT, RUNNING BOARDS ROOF RACK DOOR SILL PROTECTORS hot plug for my cell phone... A R E camper shell
    as you can see i have a stock off-roader with a good pull and a 2nd pull i had them out and i only used 4 high

14. Feb 4, 2011 at 11:17 AM
    j0sh

j0sh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD Sport 4x4
    AFE Filter, TRD Catback
  15. Feb 4, 2011 at 2:03 PM
    TRD4x4JIM

Member:
    First Name:
    JIM
    Hartland U S A
    Vehicle:
    It was not in Oklahoma city it was on i 44 at a town by Miami OK at spring creek bridge
    it had 8 people in it and 3 did not make it...

16. Feb 4, 2011 at 3:34 PM
    oldtacomaguy

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    Shame. Is Miami anywhere near OKC? I've only been to OK once, and that was to Tulsa.

17. Feb 4, 2011 at 3:43 PM
    Badwin45

Badwin45 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    OKC
    Vehicle:
    '10 DC 4x4 & '00 Pre-Runner
    Aries 4" Oval step tubes, Brute Force Fab rear bumper, Weathertech digifit floor liners.
    No, Miami is in far NW OK.

18. Feb 4, 2011 at 4:23 PM
    TRD4x4JIM

Member:
    First Name:
    JIM
    Hartland U S A
    Vehicle:
    No it is north east it is about 28 miles from Missouri state line on I 44

19. Feb 8, 2011 at 5:28 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    It hasn't stopped snowing for days
    On Sat, it was sunny,
    then heavy snow,
    then sleet,
    then freezing rain,
    then a thunderstorm a downpour, lightning, thunder, snowing the works :eek:
    What today looks like....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Feb 8, 2011 at 9:00 AM
    oldtacomaguy

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    Looks nice Judy, about the same down here. We've had roofs collapsing all over the state for the past week or so, been the lead story on local news every night. Yesterday an indoor moto-cross track collapsed while people were on the roof shoveling. Thankfully, no injuries. I guess the houses and businesses here just weren't built to take this kind of a winter.

Products Discussed in

To Top