1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The Boy Will Not Eat Vegtables. Open To Suggestions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by LTE, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Jun 2, 2011 at 6:23 PM
    TidalWave

TidalWave I have a shovel and no one will miss you...

Member:
    First Name:
    Mendy
    Surprise, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD DCLB
    4" Maxtrac Spindle lift, 33" BFG A/T, Avid weld on rock sliders and rear bumper, Smoked Projector Headlights, smoked tails and fogs, HID healights and fogs, flowmaster exhaust, Wet Okoles, debadged. Ready to take your milk money.
    I used to fall asleep under the dinner table cause my Dad would make me sit there till the veggies were gone. So my stubborn ass would sit and sit. Honestly, at least 3 or 4 times a week id be at the dinner table for 3+hours. On occasion, they would put them in the fridge to "save for breakfast" and i would sit again. All this forcing, seriously gave me food issues and all kinds of anxiety about eatting.

Soooo my suggestions to you- always start with fresh or frozen. Canned veggies are super nasty and loaded with salt.

I steam veggies now and throw them in my mac and cheese, or alfredo, or whatever. Whatever the kid likes, cater to that (but dont become a short order cook either, thats bs)

I know ive read about a book that offers recipes that kids like that sneek veggies in. http://www.doitdelicious.com/

2. Jun 2, 2011 at 6:25 PM
    FearNothing321

FearNothing321 You gonna eat that taco?

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Audi S3
  3. Jun 2, 2011 at 6:41 PM
    babytruck

babytruck Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 Barcelona AC 4x4 4.0 6spd
    Finely grate some zucchini and mix it in the meatloaf before baking. Same can be done with finely grated carrots or finely chopped spinach. If he asks what that stuff is, I have called it 'herbs and spices'.

Sweet carrot cake or zucchini bread make a good dessert with a nice warm mug of milk.

Use a blender with all kinds of veggies - PULVERIZE it while slowly adding a small can of tomato sauce - add it to chicken broth, throw in some shell pasta and chicken to make a chicken soup.

Does he like mashed potatoes? Cauliflower in the blender added to mashed potatoes and seasoned to his liking often goes by unnoticed... Use a heavy cream instead of milk to make it the right consistency.

There are so many creative ways that you can sneak veggies into a meal. :)

Hope this helps a little bit.

4. Jun 2, 2011 at 6:44 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    ^ these are some great ideas!

5. Jun 2, 2011 at 6:50 PM
    LTE

LTE [OP] NRA Benefactor Member

Member:
    in my own little world
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5II; Longbed; FLyzeyes LED
    window tint, step bars, Flyzeye LED interior console light
    I do this with spagetti and meatloaf.

To us, the main issue is that he won't even attempt to try them. He'll take one pea, or bean or whatever. But in his mouth and start gagging himself.

As for the other posters questions, yes I use fresh and frozen foods. I add a generous amount of butter, salt & pepper (or whatever seasoning is called for).

6. Jun 2, 2011 at 6:53 PM
    johnw

johnw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    orlando florida
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner v-6 4.0L 4 door
    well you asked for specs..... 06 trd sport speedway blue 5.3l v8 4.0 camburg lift spindles extended travel icons total chaos lowers allpro 4" leaf pack 17" xd hoss rims 37/12.5/17 mickey thompson baja atz Allpro hybrid bumper grill craft grill wicked flow muffler inside i have..... wet okole real tree camo seat cover blue oznium dome light stealth sub box with 2 10" kicker comp subs kicker 400 watt amp weathertech floor mats
    idk i was kinda forced to eat vegies as a kid and i hate them now. so dont force them to eat them

7. Jun 2, 2011 at 7:00 PM
    MTgirl

MTgirl too many frogs, not enough princes... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Then: 12 T4R SR5 Now: 99 - 3.4L SR5 4WD
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners,
    the number one method for murder by women is poisoning ;)...just sayin'

OP...have you tried having him help cook? Sometimes if they get to have involvement in how things are cooked it will encourage him to try new things (even if what he suggests sounds gross to you just go along with it!) Let him experiment and have fun with it. My friends did that and eventually got their kid to eat veggies. it had to be covered in A-1 steak sauce but ....

give him time, encourage him to try different things. you never know what will happen! my mom always complains about how picky her brother was as a kid, he refused to eat veggies. now he's a vegan...go figure :rolleyes:

8. Jun 2, 2011 at 7:32 PM
    SlimDigg

SlimDigg We Back!!

Member:
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    Coming Soon....
    no veggies, no dessert, toys, tv, privileges.

9. Jun 2, 2011 at 8:53 PM
    kirkofwimbo

kirkofwimbo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clayton
    Wimberley, TX
    Vehicle:
    ‘21 Tundra SR 4x4
    I was that picky kid. I have a very select few vegies that I will eat to this day. My suggestion is to find the one that he kind of likes or dislikes the least, and cook meals around that type of vegetable. he will eventually get over the gross factor and then you can start trying different things.

Products Discussed in

To Top