1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The day I've been waiting for...

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Kmoney, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Jul 10, 2009 at 11:19 PM
    Kmoney

Kmoney [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Laramie, WY / Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '09 Super White DC SPORT LB 4x4
    White Dog, K&N Drop in Filter, K&N Oil Filter, Tacoma All Weather Rubber Mats, Rear Leaf TSB, TW Sticker
    ***First of all as a new member thanks to everyone for all the answers I've already received and thanks in advance to the answers to all my perpetual inevitable questions***
    The lift is finally going to happen!:D Let me know what y'all think. I'm purchasing 5100's for all 4 corners for the ride and the quality it just seems smart. I want to get as high as possible (can you blame me?) but I won't sacrifice the well being of my truck. The 5100's will obviously be the means for the front end lift, but for the rear should I simply go AAL? And if so... where should I set the front shocks? Anyone with pics of this set up would be greatly appreciated!
    ALSO... Do I need to worry about UCA's or TSB or anything else along those lines? Like I said... I want what's best for my Tacoma!
    And again... a thousand thanks to everyone!

2. Jul 10, 2009 at 11:21 PM
    deadbolt

deadbolt do w3rk!

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab 6spd 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Black Headlights, HIDs, Tinted Fogs, Powdercoated Black Wheels, 5100s @ 2.5", Diff drop, AFE Exhaust, AFE Stage 2 Intake, Black Emblems/Grille, LED Tail lights, 265/75/16s Good Year Duratracs
    Set them at 2.5 and get the TSB for an extra inch or so in the rear. This might have a slight rake in the front though. UCAs would be nice but are definitely needed if you go higher than 3 inches.

3. Jul 10, 2009 at 11:22 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    Try to get the TSB if possible. I have 5100s at 2.5 with the TSB and it's perfectly level.

4. Jul 10, 2009 at 11:26 PM
    Kmoney

Kmoney [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Laramie, WY / Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '09 Super White DC SPORT LB 4x4
    White Dog, K&N Drop in Filter, K&N Oil Filter, Tacoma All Weather Rubber Mats, Rear Leaf TSB, TW Sticker
    Thanks guys. I was looking on Toytec for the AAL... to be quite honest I know the TSB are springs but I don't know how they work. Toytec has a 2" AAL and a 1.5" AAL with rear TSB. Which of these would be the better choice / what is the difference in lift?

5. Jul 10, 2009 at 11:30 PM
    deadbolt

deadbolt do w3rk!

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab 6spd 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Black Headlights, HIDs, Tinted Fogs, Powdercoated Black Wheels, 5100s @ 2.5", Diff drop, AFE Exhaust, AFE Stage 2 Intake, Black Emblems/Grille, LED Tail lights, 265/75/16s Good Year Duratracs
    Not too sure about the AAL. but id definitely set them at 2.5 and get the rear TSB if you can. Its free so take advantage of it if you qualify. Then, If you dont like the way it looks get the 1.5" AAL w/ rear TSB..

6. Jul 10, 2009 at 11:37 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    I got about 1.5" with the TSB. The best part is, as Gerard said, it's free. :D

To Top