1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The DeTour Trip Report-As told by Blackdawg

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Blackdawg, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Aug 5, 2018 at 10:06 PM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg [OP] Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    ALL OF THEM!...Then some more.
    xqTsDr7BIp2OlJ29Q9cp8SxS0M6opQ2DS15sT4ZT_146567d6eeac611dd3b84b0ceb6edd59558ed450.jpg

Chapter 1: Well...Shit...

Welcome to The DeTour Trip report. This year for this story going to be doing something a little different. As some of you many be aware, and if you aren’t you will be now, our good friend @turbodb does very nice write ups of..well everything! And this trip, he took his own notes and did his own write up. We collectively decided to each do our own write up and post them simultaneously. This way we won’t influence each others memory and take on the story. Each chapter from his write up will be linked with mine so you can read a different perspective of The DeTour. I highly recommend check it out.

The De-Tour

Read the whole story from Monte's (the veteran) point of view:
    [Chapter 1] [Chapter 2] [Chapter 3] [Chapter 4] [Chapter 5] [Chapter 6] [Chapter 7] [Chapter 8] [Chapter 9] [Chapter 10] [Chapter 11] [Chapter 12] [Chapter 13]

Read the story from Dan (the rookie) perspective.
    [Chapter 1] [Chapter 2] [Chapter 3] [Chapter 4] [Chapter 5] [Chapter 6] [Chapter 7] [Chapter 8] [Chapter 9] [Chapter 10] [Chapter 11] [Chapter 12] [Chapter 13]

But onwards to the story!

This trip started as most trips do. With my dear friend Mike and I brainstorming and putting ideas together online in late winter. Before long it became apparent that Mike wanted to see some of the local sites around me he had seen so many photos of and heard me talk about. So the research began.

Naturally I chalked up many places I had grown up with. But I also found new places to go as there are 5 mountain ranges near me to explore. Before long a long plan was drawn up of trails, good food, amazing sights, high peaks, ghost towns, petroglyphs and more. All the many dots were connected to make…

The Tour.

Some of it was me just guessing on roads though that I wasn’t sure existed. Devin my girlfriend and I spent all summer checking the route and prerunning sections I had never been too. It made for a great summer, and I got to see some of the places that well...you’ll see…

I was working out of state and headed down on Sunday to where Frankenstein was waiting on September 17. Devin was working over an hour away but showed up late afternoon. Of course….the truck wasn’t as packed as I would have liked. We had spent the weekend before prepping for the trip..but wasn’t enough.

So, in good tradition, I left….

Late.

As usual.

The meeting point was Big Timber, about 2.5 hours away where I was to meet Mike, Dan, Dan and his father Jonathan, and Zane at Iron Star Pizza for dinner.

Original plan was to meet at 5pm.

Which I think they go there around then.

[​IMG]0004 - The De-Tour - Day 01 by Dan , on Flickr

I…

Did not.

It was 7pm by the time I got there. Closing time for Iron Star. But there were kind enough to serve us a delicious pizza while we all got to know each other in the small restaurant.

[​IMG]01030 - The De-Tour - Day 01 - We are now a caravan of four by Dan , on Flickr

Our faces stuffed with delicious pizza we now had the big problem of...where to sleep.

Originally, I’d planned to find a place after dinner…..when it was still light out. Which it now was not. Something Mike made a very good point to point out :luvya:

So we headed south and after about an hour of searching and going down a road none of had ever been to, we finally hit USFS land and were away from all the private land. A camp ground would have to do.

We wasted no time in taking over the largest spot, with the whole place to ourselves this wasn’t a problem anyways.

Montana was having one of the worst fire seasons to date(1,032,801 acres from 1,687 fires!) so there was fire ban. But its not camping without bullshiting around a fire. Mike came prepared and had the propane fire out in no time.

We laughed loudly(Devin was keen to point this out that I was exceptionally loud that night :anonymous:) and jeered each other late into the cool night. All VERY excited for the trip to finally be starting. It had been months in the works. I had never spent so much time planning a trip and I couldn’t wait for the memories to be made.

They just….weren’t the memories we’d expected….

The morning broke to reveal our camp, usually a fun thing to see if you roll into somewhere cool in the dark. But this was just a campground.

[​IMG]01042 - The De-Tour - Day 02 - Off to a rough start by Dan , on Flickr

[​IMG]DeTour.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

[​IMG]DeTour-2.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

As we got moving, people started the morning routines and a little exploring.

Dan cooking up some great smelling breakfast for him and his Dad.

[​IMG]DeTour-3.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

And Turbo Dan :p went all gourmet on us..

[​IMG]01046 - The De-Tour - Day 02 - Off to a rough start by Dan , on Flickr

I just went and took photos of everyones trucks for breakfast :D

[​IMG]DeTour-4.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

[​IMG]DeTour-5.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

[​IMG]DeTour-6.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

Dan took special note of being in Grizzly country.

[​IMG]01044 - The De-Tour - Day 02 - Off to a rough start by Dan , on Flickr

Before long we packed up our truck and back tracked from East Boulder to get back on the highway south following the Boulder River valley.

It wasn’t long before we were at our first stop along the way and the end of the pavement. We pulled over into Natural Bridge parking lot to air down and check out the natural well..bridge :p

[​IMG]DeTour-7.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

[​IMG]01047 - The De-Tour - Day 02 - Off to a rough start by Dan , on Flickr

[​IMG]DeTour-9.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

[​IMG]DeTour-10.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

[​IMG]DeTour-8.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

While I wouldn’t call it a hike really, it is a nice short stroll that is paved trail to see the natural bridge.

[​IMG]DeTour-11.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

As it was September, the water levels are very low this time of year. So the water dives down a hole and comes out the other side. But you can see that when the spring run off is in full force, it flows up and over. How those trees got there.

[​IMG]DeTour-12.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

[​IMG]01050 - The De-Tour - Day 02 - Off to a rough start by Dan , on Flickr

We all took in the info boards in and sights at our own pace.

[​IMG]DeTour-13.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

[​IMG]DeTour-14.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

On the other side of the bridge showcases an amazing canyon and the true power of water erosion.

[​IMG]DeTour-15.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

[​IMG]DeTour-17.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

[​IMG]DeTour-16.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

[​IMG]DeTour-19.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

I’ve never seen the falls flowing over the high mark. Will have to make it a point to see it do that someday. You can see where the water flows, its WAY higher than where it comes out now.

[​IMG]DeTour-18.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

[​IMG]DeTour-20.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

With our morning walk done, tires down to dirt pressure. We set off to run our first trail, Independence Pass. With an old mine and potentially a 11,000’ peak to summit we were ready for the adventures to begin!!

Right up until about 5 miles in…

Where we hit..

Construction…

[​IMG]DeTour-21.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

[​IMG]01055 - The De-Tour - Day 02 - Off to a rough start by Dan , on Flickr

:frusty:

Can’t be that bad though. I mean, right? Just road construction.

“It’ll be about 30 minutes until the pilot car comes back” the flag lady informed me.

Wow, I thought, well that sucks but isn’t terrible.

“Hey guys, so looks like it’ll be about a 30 minute wait till we get a pilot car”

“Kksssshhh, Yeah so we are gonna go ahead a put the collvert in, gonna be about 2 hours until we can let some vehicles by” rang out her radio as she stood by my window.

Oooookay. Thats...not gonna work.

The flag lady went on to tell me and hand me a form showing me the schedule for the road when it was closed and when the pilot car was running. Which was only 2 hours at a time and 2 hours fully closed.

Well...shit..

With this information I got out of the truck and we had a pow wow. I knew of a potential other trail on the way to where we were originally going anyways as well as a place to camp. Would mean turning around and getting back on the Interstate for 30 miles and headed back south to another section of the Beartooths.

It being 11am already, this became the new plan and we reluctantly refilled our tires having just aired down.

[​IMG]DeTour-22.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

[​IMG]01056 - The De-Tour - Day 02 - Off to a rough start by Dan , on Flickr

[​IMG]01057 - The De-Tour - Day 02 - Off to a rough start by Dan , on Flickr

We stopped in Big Timber to top off our tanks before hitting the interstate. Dan and I couldn’t believe our eyes when we saw that ethanol free premium was 10 cents cheaper a gallon. Supercharger life!

So we hit road to get to Columbus and head south to the mountains again. We had only been going for maybe 3 miles when Dan came up on the radio.

“Hey Monte, can we pull off at the next offramp?”

“Yeah sure man think there is one in just a few miles”

With no explanation as to why or anything we pulled off the interstate on an offramp to nowhere.

I jumped out of the truck once I saw Dan out of his rig.

“I gotta go man!”

“What?!”

[​IMG]IMG_3287 by mike digirat, on Flickr

Turns out he had checked his phone and had been called back to work by surprise to go check on a damn somewhere in Idaho.

Well..Shit..

So we said our farewells to Dan and his father on the side of the interstate

[​IMG]IMG_3286 by mike digirat, on Flickr

“Have a good time guys! And don’t check your phones!” Dan said as he headed back west.

I felt awful. Had things gone how we had hoped we would have been in the back country at least for one night and no cell service could have pulled him away. Didn’t even get to hit any real trail miles. He came all that way after waiting all summer watch me post photos from pre run trips. Prepared for it and made it out here. Only to get turned away.

Sorry man, shitty deal. We will hit some real dirt soon though @drr

With Dan headed back West we continued East to Columbus. We hadn’t been on for long with Mike at the back of the pack interrupted the conversation

“Guys we’ve got a Po po coming up on us!”

Now..that shouldn’t be a big deal. I mean all of our trucks are road legal and registered.

However, I had had bad luck in the past due to Frankenstein's very wide tires. Apparently that is frowned upon in Montana, even if you’re out of state registered which Frank was.

“Shit” i replied, “Im gonna gun it for the rest area”

We had just passed a rest stop in 1 mile sign and I floored it to get up the the 80mph speed limit which in low geared Frank was a whopping 3500rpm..which is why we were going 70 before as I was leading :p

I could see the highway patrol car making his way closer and closer...and just as I got to the off ramp he could definitely see me. I pulled off anyways and everyone followed.

“Whew, dodged that potential bullet!” I said

We didn’t even stop and just got right back on the Interstate and a few uneventful miles later we were in Columbus. Devin used this time to find exact directions to our next trail via Googlefoo. As we had just refueled there was no need to stop other than taking the opportunity to refill the propane tank for the fire. I took this moment to touch base with my Dad who had mention possibly joining us.

“Dude you know what the weather report is right?” my dad said.

“Yeah, so? Should still be fun!”

“No..I don’t think so. Im gonna pass probably.”

He was referring to the huge weather system that was moving in on to the area expecting to snow almost 2 feet over the course of about a week. You know, the whole time we planned on being there.

Great..

Still, the sun was out for now and god damn it, we had already been turned back once and I’d put way to much work into this to let a little snow ruin my trip. I was determined.

Off we went to the mountain, to a totally new area and trail I’d heard mixed things about. Nothing concerning though. After some driving through some lovely scenic highway we made it to the trail.

[​IMG]DeTour-23.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

[​IMG]DeTour-25.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

The BenBow Jeep trail.

Was actually a pretty long trail network back here but we didn’t really get to find out..

For the second time that day we aired down our tires and prepped to finally hit some trail.

[​IMG]DeTour-24.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

[​IMG]01059 - The De-Tour - Day 02 - Off to a rough start by Dan , on Flickr

[​IMG]01060 - The De-Tour - Day 02 - Off to a rough start by Dan , on Flickr

[​IMG]01061 - The De-Tour - Day 02 - Off to a rough start by Dan , on Flickr

Finally, we were off on a trail. Was bumpy rocks but nothing technical.

Allow Zane to be our model here for a minute..

[​IMG]DeTour-26.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

[​IMG]DeTour-27.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

[​IMG]DeTour-28.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

[​IMG]DeTour-29.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

Felt good to be on the dirt after all we’d been doing so far. The highway to dirt ratio was already backwards. The clouds did start to look more and more ominous in the distance. But for now we were still in the sun.

[​IMG]DeTour-30.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

[​IMG]DeTour-31.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

[​IMG]DeTour-32.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

[​IMG]01062 - The De-Tour - Day 02 - Off to a rough start by Dan , on Flickr

I had heard this trail was tight and narrow, but it really wasn’t. You could tell that the trees here have a hard life with wind and heavy snow. Really was nice to see it cleared and had well cared for by the local Magic City 4x4 Club. Bet some years it takes a lot of chain sawing!

[​IMG]01063 - The De-Tour - Day 02 - Off to a rough start by Dan , on Flickr

[​IMG]DeTour-33.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

[​IMG]DeTour-34.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

[​IMG]DeTour-35.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

[​IMG]DeTour-36.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

[​IMG]DeTour-37.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

[​IMG]DeTour-38.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

[​IMG]DeTour-39.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

The trail just kept climbing, eventually I knew it was supposed to hit a mine or two. But I had no idea where or when.

[​IMG]01064 - The De-Tour - Day 02 - Off to a rough start by Dan , on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_3288 by mike digirat, on Flickr

[​IMG]DeTour-40.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

“SNOW!”

We had hit our first traces of snow. To be expected a bit, but not what we wanted either. Still it was minimal and we thought nothing of it and continued on up the trail still climbing with the trees now wrapped around us tight.

[​IMG]DeTour-47.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

[​IMG]DeTour-48.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

[​IMG]DeTour-41.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

[​IMG]DeTour-42.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

[​IMG]DeTour-43.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

[​IMG]DeTour-44.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

But at last we got a break in the trees, not sure if due to a fire at some point or extremely hard winters and wind. Either way, it was nice to see where we were going.

[​IMG]DeTour-45.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

[​IMG]DeTour-46.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

[​IMG]01066 - The De-Tour - Day 02 - Off to a rough start by Dan , on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_3289 by mike digirat, on Flickr

After this the clouds broke a bit and the mountains came into view. I stepped to capture a shot of the view like so:

[​IMG]IMG_3293 by mike digirat, on Flickr

But never got around to it. Instead, I smelt an all too familiar smell…

Diff oil..

Fuck.

Fearing the worst I looked under the front of the truck to see oil dripping rapidly off the front skid plate.

[​IMG]01069 - The De-Tour - Day 02 - Off to a rough start by Dan , on Flickr

Luckily nothing seemed broken and it appeared the small 4’’ piece of tubing from the diff to the hard line of the breather had just slipped off.

[​IMG]IMG_3297 by mike digirat, on Flickr

On top of that, after opening the hood, the second battery I had was venting at a constant rate. It had ruptured a cell..

Double Fuck..

[​IMG]IMG_3294 by mike digirat, on Flickr

Barely on the dirt and Frankenstein was already acting up.

Well...shit

[​IMG]01068 - The De-Tour - Day 02 - Off to a rough start by Dan , on Flickr

Sadly, this meant that i had to drop the damn skid plate..

Well at least it was a nice place to break down

[​IMG]01067 - The De-Tour - Day 02 - Off to a rough start by Dan , on Flickr

So, without anything else to do, the peanut gallery setup shop and got comfy.

[​IMG]01071 - The De-Tour - Day 02 - Off to a rough start by Dan , on Flickr

The tools came out and I started to get dirty.

[​IMG]01070 - The De-Tour - Day 02 - Off to a rough start by Dan , on Flickr

A while later and all was well, however the weather was starting to roll in, we could see it coming over the mountain. Not knowing where the trail went or how the conditions would change. We decided to bail and head to camp to a place I knew.

[​IMG]DeTour-49.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

[​IMG]DeTour-50.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

We drove steady on down the mountain and the crossed over into the next drainage to a place called Mystic Lake. Sadly, the main place to camp was closed. Which I was shocked by as it seemed a bit early to be doing that..

But we found a nice place with room for all our rigs in a now constant drizzle of rain.

[​IMG]DeTour-51.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

[​IMG]DeTour-52.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

[​IMG]2017-09-18 - 00002 - The De-Tour - Day 03 by Dan , on Flickr

“Well, at least its not snowing!” I said with a grin around the campfire after a hot soup dinner. As we all laughed and enjoyed the fire and each other.

Not yet….

Not..

Yet..

To be Continued:

Chapter 2: Out of the fire, into the frozen pan

Enjoying the De-Tour story? There's more - @turbodb also wrote up a version. Check out his version of this chapter here: https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads...ort-as-told-by-turbodb-september-2017.562116/

Read the full story:
    Read the full story:
    As told by @turbodb: [Chapter 1] [Chapter 2] [Chapter 3] [Chapter 4] [Chapter 5] [Chapter 6] [Chapter 7] [Chapter 8] [Chapter 9] [Chapter 10] [Chapter 11] [Chapter 12] [Chapter 13]

As told by @Blackdawg: [Chapter 1] [Chapter 2] [Chapter 3] [Chapter 4] [Chapter 5] [Chapter 6] [Chapter 7] [Chapter 8] [Chapter 9] [Chapter 10] [Chapter 11] [Chapter 12] [Chapter 13]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  2. Aug 5, 2018 at 10:26 PM
    Speedytech7

Speedytech7 Toyota Cult Ombudsman

Member:
    First Name:
    ゼイン
    5520 E Sprague Ave, Spokane Valley, WA 99212
    Vehicle:
    93 80 Series LC & 96 Turbo V6 Taco 4WD
    I've done a mod or two
    Oh man here come the memories... I'm cold just sitting here in 80° heat haha

TACOVRD, tcBob and Blackdawg[OP] like this.
  3. Aug 5, 2018 at 10:27 PM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    HAHA

man i know this is SO over due. But so great its never too late. This trip was amazing.

Speedytech7[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Aug 5, 2018 at 10:58 PM
    turbodb

turbodb AdventureTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma Xcab 4x4 SR5 V6 TRD
    AdventureTaco
    Love it!

5. Aug 5, 2018 at 11:11 PM
    drr

drr Primary Prognosticator

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Seattle-ish
    Vehicle:
    02 4WD Tacoma
    "The peanut gallery" :rofl:

Love that I'm finally hearing the whole story - twice!

Blackdawg[OP] likes this.
  6. Aug 5, 2018 at 11:12 PM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    Almost makes up for you not being there....but not really. Next time damn it!

Every time Frank breaks down there is a peanut gallery. haha

drr[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. Aug 6, 2018 at 2:10 PM
    Digiratus

Digiratus Adventurer

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Roaming the PNW
    Vehicle:
    The RedHead
    2002 XtraCab TRD 4x4 SCv6 AutoTrans With Lots of Mods ADS COs w/Compression Adjusters Camburg Uniball UCAs Whiteline Lower Control Arm Bushings Kartek 7" Limit Straps Plastics Guy Front Bumpstops Custom Alcan Springs +800 lbs +3" ADS 10" Stroke Triple Bypass w/Resi Rear Shocks Custom Rear Shock Relocate All-Pro U-bolt Flip w/Timbren Bumpstops 4.88 Nitro Gears ARB Front Locker ARB Twin Compressor Black 17x8 Konig Countersteer Type X 285/70r17 Falken A/T3w Gunmetal 16x8 SCS Ray10s 255/85r16 Maxxis Bighorns Limited Edition (Relentless) Elite Front Bumper Smittybilt X2O 10K Winch Diode Dynamics SS3 Sport Selective Yellow Fog Lights in the Bumper Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro 4,000 Kelvin SAE Driving Lights with Clear Lenses on the Bumper Morimoto D2S Projectors XB35 Ballasts + 4300K Bulbs Badland Sliders FrankenFab Tire Carrier Swingout bumper w/kitchen BudBuilt Front & Bellypan Skids BAMF Rear Diff Skid Dometic CFX 55im Fridge/Freezer Alpha II Hardshell RTT Badland Custom Bed Rack Denso 210-0461 105 amp alternator Dual Northstar 24F AGM batteries BlueSea 7622 ML-ACR Battery controller Peak DBI Dual Battery Voltage Monitor Magnuson MP62 Supercharger w/2.37" Pulley Haltech Elite 2000 Standalone ECU Denso 650cc Fuel Injectors Doug Thorley Headers Aeromotive Stealth 340 Fuel Pump TransGo A340F Reprogramming Shift Kit Magnaflow Hi-Flow CAT, Magnaflow 18" Muffler w/Vibrant Resonator 13WL Brake Calipers Braided Steel Brake Lines ScanGauge II OBDII Scanner Kenwood TM-71A Dual Band Ham Radio Larson 70CM/2M Antenna Uniden 520xl CB radio 3' Firestik Adjustable tip antenna Pioneer DEH-P9400BH HU Alpine Amps & Type R components (F) and coaxials (R) Wet Okole Seat Covers Weathertech Digital Liners Deck Plate Mod 1" Diff Drop Carrier Bearing Drop
    QFT

Blackdawg[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  8. Aug 6, 2018 at 8:03 PM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    Next page..

9. Aug 6, 2018 at 8:03 PM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    Next page

10. Aug 6, 2018 at 8:04 PM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    Next chapter on the next page!

11. Aug 6, 2018 at 8:10 PM
    drr

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Seattle-ish
    Vehicle:
    02 4WD Tacoma
    Aren't there 20 posts per page? You got a ways to go...

Blackdawg[OP] and Digiratus like this.
  12. Aug 6, 2018 at 8:10 PM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    Moved to page 2.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  13. Aug 6, 2018 at 8:28 PM
    POOLGUY

POOLGUY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JEFF
    ALABAMA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD SPORT 6 SPEED
    Dobinsons suspension
    Nice start to this years summer trip. :thumbsup::popcorn:

Blackdawg[OP] likes this.
  14. Aug 6, 2018 at 8:39 PM
    Speedytech7

Member:
    First Name:
    ゼイン
    Vehicle:
    I've done a mod or two
    This is all too fun to relive :)

15. Aug 6, 2018 at 8:57 PM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    Thanks!

last years trip actually :anonymous: Just over due ha

Thats why its fun to do!

Speedytech7[QUOTED] likes this.
  16. Aug 6, 2018 at 9:21 PM
    Digiratus

Digiratus Adventurer

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Roaming the PNW
    Vehicle:
    The RedHead
    2002 XtraCab TRD 4x4 SCv6 AutoTrans With Lots of Mods ADS COs w/Compression Adjusters Camburg Uniball UCAs Whiteline Lower Control Arm Bushings Kartek 7" Limit Straps Plastics Guy Front Bumpstops Custom Alcan Springs +800 lbs +3" ADS 10" Stroke Triple Bypass w/Resi Rear Shocks Custom Rear Shock Relocate All-Pro U-bolt Flip w/Timbren Bumpstops 4.88 Nitro Gears ARB Front Locker ARB Twin Compressor Black 17x8 Konig Countersteer Type X 285/70r17 Falken A/T3w Gunmetal 16x8 SCS Ray10s 255/85r16 Maxxis Bighorns Limited Edition (Relentless) Elite Front Bumper Smittybilt X2O 10K Winch Diode Dynamics SS3 Sport Selective Yellow Fog Lights in the Bumper Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro 4,000 Kelvin SAE Driving Lights with Clear Lenses on the Bumper Morimoto D2S Projectors XB35 Ballasts + 4300K Bulbs Badland Sliders FrankenFab Tire Carrier Swingout bumper w/kitchen BudBuilt Front & Bellypan Skids BAMF Rear Diff Skid Dometic CFX 55im Fridge/Freezer Alpha II Hardshell RTT Badland Custom Bed Rack Denso 210-0461 105 amp alternator Dual Northstar 24F AGM batteries BlueSea 7622 ML-ACR Battery controller Peak DBI Dual Battery Voltage Monitor Magnuson MP62 Supercharger w/2.37" Pulley Haltech Elite 2000 Standalone ECU Denso 650cc Fuel Injectors Doug Thorley Headers Aeromotive Stealth 340 Fuel Pump TransGo A340F Reprogramming Shift Kit Magnaflow Hi-Flow CAT, Magnaflow 18" Muffler w/Vibrant Resonator 13WL Brake Calipers Braided Steel Brake Lines ScanGauge II OBDII Scanner Kenwood TM-71A Dual Band Ham Radio Larson 70CM/2M Antenna Uniden 520xl CB radio 3' Firestik Adjustable tip antenna Pioneer DEH-P9400BH HU Alpine Amps & Type R components (F) and coaxials (R) Wet Okole Seat Covers Weathertech Digital Liners Deck Plate Mod 1" Diff Drop Carrier Bearing Drop
    I hate wet, thick, sloppy snow. Especially when 4 to 6 inches of it falls in a 30 minute time period. It was fun huddling under the tents during it tho.

I wonder if the magic carpet is still up there. :laughing:

turbodb likes this.
  17. Aug 6, 2018 at 9:23 PM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    Damn I forgot about that. I should go look sometime haha

I don't think any of us like our dinner being interrupted like that haha

18. Aug 6, 2018 at 9:24 PM
    Speedytech7

Member:
    First Name:
    ゼイン
    Vehicle:
    I've done a mod or two
    Poor Magic carpet :sadviolin:

Digiratus[QUOTED] likes this.
  19. Aug 6, 2018 at 9:25 PM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    Yeah..i realized this later. Usually there are more comments by then haha I gave up haha

I might move it to the next page though once we get there..

Speedytech7 likes this.
  20. Aug 6, 2018 at 9:31 PM
    drr

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Seattle-ish
    Vehicle:
    02 4WD Tacoma
    It is nice to have each chapter line up at the top of the corresponding page number

Speedytech7 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top