1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 5100'S AND STOCK

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by jermoids, Dec 4, 2012.

1. jermoids

jermoids [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jeremy
    winnipeg
    Vehicle:
    trd sport
    5100's all around with the fronts set at 1.75" 1" readylift blocks in the back. antenna X shorty antenna. smittybilt step sides. MKW M19 satin black wheels 17x8.5 plasti dip'd front emblem and hood scoop.
    so i came out of the gym today and there was another tacoma parked beside me. i thought it would be a perfect opportunity to show those who are on the fence about 5100's the difference. sorry for the cell phone pics but they aren't too bad.

my truck is a 2012 trd sport with 5100's all around, fronts set to 1.75" and 1" blocks in the back. i've got 265/70/R17 duratracs for tires.

hope this helps some people......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. blazer190

blazer190 Active Member

Member:
    Walker Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    TRD offroad 4X4
    Not much difference hard to tell you did anything more than add tires.

3. BostonBilly

BostonBilly Well-Known Member

Member:
    Easton
    Vehicle:
    2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
    Pic four shows it the best imo

4. 2012reg4x4

2012reg4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    brian
    Downingtown, pa
    Vehicle:
    14 trd sport dcsb
    Rigid sr10inch, rigid duallys on cbi pillar mounts, bamf sliders, Jason cyber camper shell. 5100s at 1.75, wheelers aal 1.5 inch.
    so at 1.75 on the 5100s how much lift at the flare did you get. maybe from hub to flare as well. but i believe your tires are bigger than stock. thanks

5. jermoids

Member:
    First Name:
    jeremy
    winnipeg
    Vehicle:
    trd sport
    5100's all around with the fronts set at 1.75" 1" readylift blocks in the back. antenna X shorty antenna. smittybilt step sides. MKW M19 satin black wheels 17x8.5 plasti dip'd front emblem and hood scoop.
    1.75" isn't very much.

i actually didn't measure, sorry, i'm sure there are many people on here who have though.

6. nathan3306

nathan3306 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Charleston AFB, SC
    Vehicle:
    2012 SR5 DC 4X4
    How is the ride compared to the stock suspension? I'm sure it's a bit stiffer but is it bad?
    I don't want a harsh stiff ride but I would like to get the front end level with the rear.

7. nathan3306

nathan3306 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Charleston AFB, SC
    Vehicle:
    2012 SR5 DC 4X4
    Looks great by the way!!

8. jermoids

Member:
    First Name:
    jeremy
    winnipeg
    Vehicle:
    trd sport
    thanks, the ride is a little bit stiffer than stock (the front that is, back seems the same) but i don't really notice it, and the roads where i live are absolutely brutal with cracks, holes, dirt, ice, snow, basically barely a step up from a gravel road.

9. CajunBug73

CajunBug73 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Milwaukee, WI
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 Base Single Cab
    Your truck looks absolutely perfect, it's exactly the kind of set up Im looking for. My only question now is, will this set-up negativly effect the drive shafts for the rear and front for the 4wd? Thanks, your input is greaty appreciated!

10. jermoids

Member:
    First Name:
    jeremy
    winnipeg
    Vehicle:
    trd sport
    thank you. i have had this setup for two months now and have had ZERO vibrations, axle wrap from the 1" blocks or any other type of issue in two wheel or four wheel drive. i don't think there is really that big of a difference from stock since it's such a minor lift.

11. CajunBug73

CajunBug73 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Milwaukee, WI
    Vehicle:
    Outstanding Bro! That's a big help. I gotta get some before and after pics for the truck...first Toyota ever!

12. Beadwindow

Beadwindow Member

Member:
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB TRD Sport
    Did you get the shocks local in the peg, or did you order online? That's pretty much the exact setup I'm looking at for mine.

13. jermoids

Member:
    First Name:
    jeremy
    winnipeg
    Vehicle:
    trd sport
    sweet, enjoy it it, i love mine.

i tried to get them around here but most shops didn't even believe me there was such thing as an adjustable shock/strut, and the ones that said they could get them quoted me no less then $650 for all four. i ordered them from essex in vancouver.
    http://www.bilsteincanada.com/
    $476 shipped and not even a week to get here. good guys.
    you could get them through downsouthmotors i think they're called on this site but i didn't know of them when i got mine and was happy to stay in canada anyway.

14. 06SR5canada

06SR5canada Well-Known Member

Member:
    Saskatchewan
    Vehicle:
    06 dblcab SR5
    2ndary air filter removed, flowmaster 40
    Nice truck, I seen the snow and then realized you're from winterpeg, so had to post, not many prairie boys on here. Actually just held a door open at shell the other day for a manitoban :p I see you look level with a one inch block added? So you must not have the tsb leafs? Mine was level with no rear lift at 1.75 and sr5 coils with tsb leaf, but it might have settled I guess since it (leaf) has been on since new.

Anyway, I'm rambling.....wanna trade hoods and front clips? :p oooo and headlights too

It's been -40 here for a while now....taco still starts without being plugged in

15. jermoids

Member:
    First Name:
    jeremy
    winnipeg
    Vehicle:
    trd sport
    hey thanks. the 2012 sports come with the 4 leaf pack so i don't need the tsb. it actually was level when i measured it, i just thought it looked like it was a little nose high and even felt a bit like i was pointing into the sky when i was driving it, so i threw in the 1" blocks. feels and looks perfect now with them in.

16. CajunBug73

CajunBug73 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Milwaukee, WI
    Vehicle:
    Okay, One more question....yeah, right LOL., Did you use Aluminum Blocks for the rear and if so, how are they holding up? I'd like to get a lifetime use out of my lift gear! :)

17. MightyMouse-SCT

MightyMouse-SCT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gabriel
    O'SIDE CA
    Vehicle:
    MightyMouse-SCT - 2011 LT 4x4 Desert Runner
    Long Travel Total chaos kit, fox shocks, smp fab , dmz sua, glassworks, method wheels.
    Looks way better

18. jermoids

Member:
    First Name:
    jeremy
    winnipeg
    Vehicle:
    trd sport
    i used these, http://www.readylift.com/c-117-toyota-tacoma-6-lug-1-inch-rear-block-kit-1995-2012-2wd-4wd.aspx they are cast iron, it has only been two months, so far so good. i have heard that aluminum blocks are better to use though.

thanks.

19. teneighty

teneighty I'd rather be skiing...

Member:
    Right behind you. NY
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB SR5 4X4 Nautical Blue
    Check out my Build
    Nice setup! I want!! Haha I hope to have some 5100's within a few months! I would like to go to the 2.5 setting but don't want to buy new UCA's just yet as I still need wheels and tires... ay yi yi I need a few more jobs! Haha
    How's your alignment?? Thanks!

20. jermoids

Member:
    First Name:
    jeremy
    winnipeg
    Vehicle:
    trd sport
    thanks!
    my alignment seems great, drives perfectly straight

To Top