1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The End's so-called "build".

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds' started by The End, Dec 29, 2009.

1. The End

The End [OP] Support our troops!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Lakeland, Fl
    Vehicle:
    09 A/C 4wd M6
    2.5 King RR in front, LR ucs' s, 2.0 King RR rear, B.A.M.F shock mounts, ATO shackle flip, 4X sliders, ARB front bumper with XRC8, CBI hc rear, weathertechs, Leer cap, Thule rack, ubolt flip, etc.
    Ok, so I have almost got to a point where I am happy with the truck where it is at per how many dollars I've spent. Seeing as I have another project that needs a lot more attention/income I won't be doing to much more to the Taco for a while(i.e. Tax season).

I don't really know if you can call this a "build" thread because there is not a whole lot going on but here goes:

Bought the truck in July 09 on a whim because I was driving a 97 Sonoma with a 4.3 on nitrous and wanted something quieter/nicer, with more creature comforts as well as reliable. So I got home only to find out I was locked out with nothing to do...So I figured I would go take a look at some trucks, went to the local Toyota dealership and they only had one, access cab red with a lot of chrome accents...Scratch that idea.

In my mind I knew I wanted a Silver or White double cab. Moving on to the next dealership. As soon as I got there looked to my right and I saw 5 trucks in all the configurations except the one that I wanted. When I started to walk back to the car and leave a beam fell out of the sky and what caught my eye? It was a 2006 Silver double cab TRD prerunner. Okay, I have to act like I'm not too interested. Rule #1 when it comes to buying a car. Got talked into driving it, came back and decided if we could work it out.

Bad news, they wanted $25,700 for the truck. Which I did not have. Fast forward about 7 hours>>>>>>>. Walked out the door with the keys in hand final price you ask? 20,400.

Truck had 39,000 miles on it with EVERY receipt you can imagine, what's even better was that it was owned by an older gentlemen that took very good care of it. Just so happens that he bought the tires at the tire shop I work at...Small world.

Let's get started.

Day I brought it home. Noticed the old man-ness evident by the nerf bars, and vent visors.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well later that day I joined this forum and got invited to the Ocala National Forest meet.

I got there, but just a little too late...Already drove a few hours and don't have nobody to help me if I get stuck, what to do?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even though it was just me out there. My brother in law tagged a long and we had a blast.

Went out to a big area of land owned by a friend where we usually ride 4 wheelers and shoot guns and decided to see how the truck performed out there...

[​IMG]

front tires got about 4-5 feet off the ground while the rears were still making contact. End result? Knocked the toe out of alignment, $50...nothing broke, oh well.

Decided to take the truck out to the local mudhole...Even though I was not 4 wheel drive against my better judgement I ended up going....end result?

About 8 hours of washing and washing and washing then some more washing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So not to much happened in those first few months then I dropped a little bit of money into it and now I get a lot of compliments and still I can't even imagine how big of a difference that $1500 bucks can make.

Mods are 2% tint on rear doors, 5% on front, 15% on windshield, 10% on rear. 265/75/16 Kuhmo Road Venture M/T's. Painted black wheels. Satoshi grill with painted grill surround. T-rex eyelids. Scanguage. E-bay halo headlights, removed secondary air filter. De-badged, de-chromed. Pro Comp 4 inch coil over suspension kit in the front, with Pro Comp AAL and shocks in the rear. That's all I can remember as of right now, some of the mods are kind of redundant I understand but it's just to minimize the questions, Sorry.

AND NOW THE MOMENT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR...the pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, anyways that's where the truck sits right now. If I find some extra money outside my new project there are a few things I would like to get for the truck.

On my wishlist is All-pro front and rear bumpers and an indash dvd/navi system.

I hope you enjoyed my build and I apologize for all the reading.

Tim.

2. ClemsonTacoma

ClemsonTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Lexington, SC
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Pioneer DEH-P5100UB single din HU and black dash kit, Alpine 12" sub custom inverted box bed liner'd, various interior trim painted black, 48 blue LED domelight, cheepo floor mats, hose clamp mod, Cobra CB and knock off firestik, Stock steelie rims, with 265/75/16 Sumitomo HTR Sport A/T's
    :thumbsup: Nice truck man! Love that shot of driving throught the "lake" 15% on the windshield seems super dark!

3. deadbolt

deadbolt do w3rk!

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab 6spd 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Black Headlights, HIDs, Tinted Fogs, Powdercoated Black Wheels, 5100s @ 2.5", Diff drop, AFE Exhaust, AFE Stage 2 Intake, Black Emblems/Grille, LED Tail lights, 265/75/16s Good Year Duratracs
    awesome man.
    looks good :thumbsup:

on a side note. pics are huge!

4. oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    Looking good!

5. The End

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Lakeland, Fl
    Vehicle:
    09 A/C 4wd M6
    2.5 King RR in front, LR ucs' s, 2.0 King RR rear, B.A.M.F shock mounts, ATO shackle flip, 4X sliders, ARB front bumper with XRC8, CBI hc rear, weathertechs, Leer cap, Thule rack, ubolt flip, etc.
    Yeah 15% is pretty dark but if I could go back I would actually get it darker. Thanks for the compliments guys. I don't know how to resize the pictures sorry about that. If a mod or somebody could do it I would appreciate it.

6. Fluffymonkey

Fluffymonkey Token

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    College Station, TX/ Lawrence, KS
    Vehicle:
    2013 Trd Sport DC, 07 DC sr5
    2007: Avid sliders, 30% front tint, Truxedo low-pro qt tonneu cover, aero turbine 2525 muffler w/ 8'' tip, AR25 Resonator, 16x8 Dick Cepek DC-1 w/ 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 2010 headlights, ome 884 coils with .5'' top plate spacer, OME sport front shocks, blisten 5100s rear, 2'' aal, locking gas cap, LR ucas, Viper 2-way remote start, afe drop in filter, Rocky locking bike mounts, gear chest, scanguage, pop n lock tailgate lock 2013: most things transferred over from my 07, 5100s @ .85 + eibachs, wheelers progressive aal w/ overload
    Great looking truck, man! Makes me want to go spend some money.

7. The End

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Lakeland, Fl
    Vehicle:
    09 A/C 4wd M6
    You should, you only live once.

8. The End

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Lakeland, Fl
    Vehicle:
    09 A/C 4wd M6
    And thank you.

9. Justin723

Justin723 Dont judge me

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Phoenix AZ
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma SR5
    Performance- bored .20 over, Doug Thorely Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, and K&N cold air intake. Exterior- 7 inch lift, ARB compressor, high pinion 4.88 with ARB locker, 4.88 open diff in the rear, PIAA 520 series lights up front, and 36 inch fire stick. Interior- 2 10inch JL W1 subs, Alpine MRX-V70 amp, Alpine type R SPR 17C 6x6 speaker in the back, Focal 165 VR with crossover tweeter up front, Cobra LTD CB, and Weather Tech floor mats.
    How do you like those Kuhmos?

10. SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Founder Socaltacomas.com Thor

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    Nice looking ride!

11. ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD .....

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD DCSB
  12. jacob_wood

jacob_wood Screw your MPG's

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Campbell, CA (Nor-Cal)
    Vehicle:
    4Runner
    BHLM, SAW coilovers, Overland Warehouse springs and rear shocks, and Demello front bumper.
    Nice truck! My friend has a bit darker on his windshield too but it looks good!

13. AK27

AK27 Well-Known Member

Member:
    looks sweet!

14. Colton

Colton Reagan/Bush '84

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    VA/SC
    Vehicle:
    08 4X4 TRD Sport super white
    Bilstein 5100 F&R, OME 885 w/ top plate spacers, 1.5" AAL, 285/70/17 Hankook Dynapro MT, 17x9 Level 8 MK6, 20% tint, AEM Brute force intake, Alpine CDE-W235BT, 2 12" Shok subs, Armortech sliders, EBC Stage IV brake it, stainless steel brake lines
    Awesome!

15. The End

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Lakeland, Fl
    Vehicle:
    09 A/C 4wd M6
    I love the Kuhmos, one of the best IMO.

16. DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Looking good bro!!!:D

17. rhodehard09

rhodehard09 sometimes nonsense is the only sense someone has

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    tampa, fl
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 doublecab
    3" lift, allpro u-bolt flip kit,285/75/16 km2s, hella hid lights, hid conversions for headlights and foglights, led everything, debadged, 9145 reverse light bulbs, black tail lights, black headlight mod,trail-gear rock sliders, dynomax ultra flo muffler,satoshi with custom woven stainless grill,hella 100watt floods in grill, pioneer 4100 in dash dvd player, pioneer 800watt 4 channel amp, pioneer 4way 6x9s, pioneer 4 way 6.5s, 2 rockford p3 10's,rockford power 500.1 mono amp w/bass knob, 7 pin relocated, highlift and mount in bed, diff breather mod, led bed lights, secondary air filter removed,t-rex eyelids, mefab bumper bar, muddy under carriage
    hey bro it sounds like you do alot of the things we do(guns, 4 wheel) we got to set up a meet! we ride in citrus and croom alot.
    Oh ...nice truck!

18. STR8_BEAST

STR8_BEAST MASTER CHIEF

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    HB, SoCal
    Vehicle:
    07 PRERUNNER TRD OR
    K&N CAI, MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST, MASSIVE SOUND SYSTEM, KENWOOD DNX 7140, WINDOW TINTS, REAR TSB, FRONT COIL SPACER, SATOSHI MOD, BHLM, WHITE CALIPERS, CB RADIO W/4FT FIRESTIK, MAGLITE MOD
    sick truck, you wouldnt happen to have any links for those particular halo lights/trex eyelids or the satoshi grill would you eh?:wink:

19. The End

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Lakeland, Fl
    Vehicle:
    09 A/C 4wd M6
    Let's set up a Florida meet.

20. jonny

jonny Betty White Edition Heep ZJ

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    looks good man.
    :thumbsup:

To Top