1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The Epic WY/MT/CO Adventure!!

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by Blackdawg, Feb 10, 2013.

?

I will be attending...

1. Leg 1 only

20.0%
  2. Leg 2 only

12.0%
  3. Leg 3 only

20.0%
  4. Legs 1 & 2

16.0%
  5. Legs 2 & 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Legs 1 & 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. All 3!!

32.0%
  1. Apr 17, 2013 at 8:24 PM
    MTgirl

MTgirl too many frogs, not enough princes... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Then: 12 T4R SR5 Now: 99 - 3.4L SR5 4WD
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners,
    Shouldn't that be a pink river and not blue? :rolleyes: :D :stirthepot:

2. Apr 17, 2013 at 8:25 PM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg [OP] Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    ALL OF THEM!...Then some more.

right...i see your point...haha

well he will only miss Morrison and Goose..he can come to Lander..so..hopefully Frankenstein lives through the first part and The FRV won't have to live up to its name the whole trip :p haha

3. Apr 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM
    MTgirl

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners,
    I hope we don't NEED the FRV either!

Not sure if you want to add a list to the OP for extra gear we can share but now that I have my RTT I could loan out my Kelty tent if anyone needs it (for the 1st leg only) and I'll probably have my little BBQ to share as well.

4. Apr 17, 2013 at 8:38 PM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    Yea me either haha

and cool. No one that is coming seems to be in need of anything..

but ill be sure to tell them if i get asked. Ill have my grill/stove too. Think mine is just like yours..but red :D

Hey..i did the evening run thing!

5. Apr 17, 2013 at 9:09 PM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    What?? Yes this is. I know you took some. And I did on my old phone

6. Apr 17, 2013 at 9:13 PM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    You were using your phone haha I know..cause I stopped several times waiting for you haha

7. Apr 18, 2013 at 12:15 AM
    SupraT

SupraT Tacoma Lover

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Columbia Falls
    Vehicle:
    98 TRD SR5 4x4
    3" Lift Three leaf add and Bilstin 5100"s in back and Donahoe coilovers in front, Tinted Windows, Blackened parking light, tinted brake lights, clear bumper lights, Blacked out turn signals, AVS vent visors, Electric Fan mod, K&N CAI

[​IMG]

So I am going to try to make the first leg:)

8. Apr 18, 2013 at 12:19 AM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    HAHA!!!

PROOF!!! :cool:

never have seen that pic..haha awww..look at the cute brush guard and 31'' KM2s..hahaha

and NICE! i was hoping you would. :cool:

9. Apr 18, 2013 at 12:26 AM
    SupraT

SupraT Tacoma Lover

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Columbia Falls
    Vehicle:
    98 TRD SR5 4x4
    3" Lift Three leaf add and Bilstin 5100"s in back and Donahoe coilovers in front, Tinted Windows, Blackened parking light, tinted brake lights, clear bumper lights, Blacked out turn signals, AVS vent visors, Electric Fan mod, K&N CAI
    so put me on a list :rolleyes:

10. Apr 18, 2013 at 12:29 AM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
  11. Apr 18, 2013 at 12:31 AM
    SupraT

SupraT Tacoma Lover

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Columbia Falls
    Vehicle:
    98 TRD SR5 4x4
    Thank you sir

12. Apr 18, 2013 at 12:37 AM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    oh they are so cute!

and monte...dates for first 2 legs 4th to 11th (including driving times)

13. Apr 18, 2013 at 12:49 AM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's

Monday August 5th: Meet in Clark at 8 am sharp. Start up morrsion.

Total drive time..unknown. Too many facors with trail difficulty and rig count. Drive most the trail and camp on the side. Unless it goes much faster then anticipated.

Tuesday 6th: Leave from Morrision to Cooke City. Refuel if needed. Leave from Cooke City to start the Back trails to Goose Lake. Camp at Goose lake.

Wendseday the 7th: Drive out of Goose lake, take a different route out. Drive down Hwy 296 Chief Joseph highway back down to clark. Depending on time im thinking of running threw Cody perhaps and maybe hitting up the musem. Its pretty cool. Largest fire arm collection in the world i believe. Plus lots of other cool things. Or just stop at a resturant or something. Its bigger then Powell so more to do if we have lots of time to kill. Other then that go to Powell. Have a nice BBQ. Find you guys a place to camp. Bring your own towels and you can shower at my place i think too.

Thrusday. 8th. Hit the road by 6:30am or 7 at the latest. Arrive in lander between 12-1. Refuel, meet up with others that are joining us and head out of lander to Christina lake trail. Drive christina lake. Drive out. Should be done if all goes well by 4-5. Camp at the trail head or really..anywhere. TONS of camping spots. But Christina has a lovely area to camp next to a small creek and lots and lots of space for rigs.

Friday 9: Take the back way back to lander, all dirt. Maybe hit a couple of other roads..Id like to start heading out by 9am. Get into lander. We will no air back up as Shoshone is like 4 miles out side of lander. if that. Start the huge climb up to the peaks on shoshone. Then the decent. The decent is much more difficult. Hopefully we start this part no later then 2 pm. Will depend on rig count again. Arive safe and sound. Find some camping spots. And camp down there.

Saturday 10: Drive out of Shoshone. Departure time will again depend on how long it took us to get down and rig count. I would think 9 again..but not sure. Then get back to lander. And split up to our separate ways as Mike and i have a TON of miles to cover to get to Ouray CO.

that good for you??

If shit hits the fan at anytime. Mike and i have a day or two of cushion so if we decide thats to fast a pace..we can take an extra day to re coupe or somthing.

I will also do a big update in the OP soon will info like this too. Id like to run up and do Goose Lake myself first though before i do that.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  14. Apr 18, 2013 at 7:15 AM
    MTgirl

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    That's a pretty awesome looking white truck in that pic...

You want to tag along for part of my route too on the first leg? You could join us on Saturday and then head for Cody on Sunday to meet up with everyone else.

15. Apr 18, 2013 at 8:59 AM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    Yup that's perfect monte, like I suspected I'll drive there the 4th and drive back the 11th should I do both legs. That's one hell of a trip. Are we all going to be able to stand each other for that long

Without killing Ben

16. Apr 18, 2013 at 9:07 AM
    SconnieHailer

SconnieHailer PutterClutch

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    West Central Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road Double Cab V6 6Speed
    Thanks for the outline Monte! pending our drilling schedule early in august I should and really want to make it from the 8th thru the 10th. I'm gonna go check out the christina trail at somepoint this summer before your trip so I know whether or not i'll be driving it or the shoshone trail. I'm guessing the shoshone will be a bit gnarly for my truck. Unless bigger and better things happen to it between now and then and also if I feel like gettn crazy with a new truck... Either way I'll be a spotter/take pictures/shotty for someone :)

17. Apr 18, 2013 at 9:12 AM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    Lol i have already camped a week with Ben..no killing haha

Im sure we will be fine. It'll be great.

and sweet man! :cool:

pshhhh gotta put that new armor to use man! :D haha

What sized tires you on again??

Chistina im sure you can do. execpt for the last part after the river crossing im not sure of..mainly due to how tight a couple of the turns get with the trees..but. If you do it an make it all the way then i guess we will know if a 2nd gen can fit good haha

Shoshone i think you could do..

Your on 33s right?

18. Apr 18, 2013 at 9:19 AM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    Oh ya! So stoked for the summer!

19. Apr 18, 2013 at 9:21 AM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    Gonna be a great trip :D

20. Apr 18, 2013 at 9:54 AM
    SconnieHailer

SconnieHailer PutterClutch

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    West Central Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road Double Cab V6 6Speed
    I'm on 265/75/16... so 31's basically when aired down. This is the reason im skeptical. Im ready to slide all over them rocks with my sliders and rear end :D

To Top