1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The Epic WY/MT/CO Adventure!!

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by Blackdawg, Feb 10, 2013.

?

I will be attending...

1. Leg 1 only

20.0%
  2. Leg 2 only

12.0%
  3. Leg 3 only

20.0%
  4. Legs 1 & 2

16.0%
  5. Legs 2 & 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Legs 1 & 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. All 3!!

32.0%
  1. Jun 7, 2013 at 6:24 PM
    Infra

Infra Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Az
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM DCSB 4x4 TRD OR 6spd
    CBI Bushmaster 2.0 rear bumper with swing out tire carrier & fold down camp table, CBI Moab 2.0 front bumper, Warn M8000-S, Icon 2.5 RR CDC Extended travel CO's with 700lb springs, Icon 2.5 RR CDC rear shocks, Icon hydro bumps, Total Chaos uniball UCA's, All Pro Expo leafs, U-bolt flip kit, Softopper, diff breather mod, extended rear brake lines, Grillecraft mesh grille, Elusive Elements behind grille light bar with B.A.M.F. LED light bar brackets, okLEDlightbars.com 20" double row LED light bar, Relentless Fabrication hood cb antenna mount, Wilson Silver Load CB antenna, Uniden 520 Pro XL CB radio, Wet okole seat covers, Weather tech floor liners, Weather tech in channel window deflectors, trasharoo spare tire trash bag carrier, Box Rocket 2nd gen bed rack with (2) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on drivers side, (2) 2 gallon water rotopax mounted on passenger side, (1) 3 gallon gas rotopax & (1) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on CBI swing out, Avid weld on sliders, Mattgecko LED bed light
    So.....Monte I am official in for legs 1 & 2, and a maybe for leg 3.

2. Jun 7, 2013 at 6:25 PM
    Infra

Infra Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Az
    Vehicle:
    CBI Bushmaster 2.0 rear bumper with swing out tire carrier & fold down camp table, CBI Moab 2.0 front bumper, Warn M8000-S, Icon 2.5 RR CDC Extended travel CO's with 700lb springs, Icon 2.5 RR CDC rear shocks, Icon hydro bumps, Total Chaos uniball UCA's, All Pro Expo leafs, U-bolt flip kit, Softopper, diff breather mod, extended rear brake lines, Grillecraft mesh grille, Elusive Elements behind grille light bar with B.A.M.F. LED light bar brackets, okLEDlightbars.com 20" double row LED light bar, Relentless Fabrication hood cb antenna mount, Wilson Silver Load CB antenna, Uniden 520 Pro XL CB radio, Wet okole seat covers, Weather tech floor liners, Weather tech in channel window deflectors, trasharoo spare tire trash bag carrier, Box Rocket 2nd gen bed rack with (2) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on drivers side, (2) 2 gallon water rotopax mounted on passenger side, (1) 3 gallon gas rotopax & (1) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on CBI swing out, Avid weld on sliders, Mattgecko LED bed light

If you are going on leg 1 or 2, I'll have a couple of fly rods with me so you can give it a shot. Just gotta buy a WY out of state license.

3. Jun 7, 2013 at 6:39 PM
    Tonto27

Tonto27 We came, we saw, we kicked its ass!

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2004 double cab
    A bumper here, some tires there..... you know, stuff.
    indeed.

if you want to learn just let me know. i learned in the back yard trying to cast into a hoola hoop. my personal favorite way to learn

4. Jun 7, 2013 at 6:50 PM
    NativeTaco

NativeTaco Mountain Man

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '08 DCLB
    ARB, OME, BAMF, ATO, Rigid, more... Mountain Man Limousine
    Out of state licenses are expensive, but I could probably swing one for a couple days. I will be on leg 2 at the least.

That is a good idea. I would just as soon learn on the water where there is at least a chance if fooling something into biting :)

5. Jun 7, 2013 at 6:53 PM
    Infra

Infra Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Az
    Vehicle:

nice...well as stated above, if your fly rig does not work and you want to give it a shot I'll have more than 1 fly rig with me ;)

6. Jun 7, 2013 at 7:04 PM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg [OP] Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    ALL OF THEM!...Then some more.
    Go for it. Lots of places to fish on this trip.

Just bring a lisence. You could maybe get away with it for leg One. No way for leg two. Patrolled heavily for fishing.

Nah ill pass still :p

13k is a tough place to walk haha

:cool:

Shoshone is supposed to be awesome fishing the rangers told us. Decent at Christina. Shoshone will be the place.

Maybe ill get my dad to bring the inflatable boat thing we have for that leg...

Ill try and bring the boat..maybe..

Fuck yea. Fly tossing is the shit. Though I'm not that good at it haha

:woot:

Bad ass man!! Great to have you along :D

Means we can do a cool CVT photo in leg one haha should have 5 maybe 6 tents.

And are you set on driving up Morrison??

7. Jun 7, 2013 at 7:15 PM
    Infra

Infra Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Az
    Vehicle:
    I'll have 2 of my packrafts with me, so when we get to any of the lakes all of you are more than welcome to use them to get out on the lake and paddle.

I doubt I'll be driving up Morrison. I'm not entirely sure I will make to Red Lodge for Lisa's departure either. I may just wind up hooking up with you guys somewhere on the trail to Goose lake. There are a few other lakes off of that trail that I want to hike to and fish. I'll solidify plans as it gets closer and let you know for sure.

8. Jun 7, 2013 at 8:35 PM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    No prob man! Feel free to join is on the top or Morrison. Haha but yea have had a few decide not too. No problem at all. Like I said in the OP. I don't want to push anyone way out of their comfort zones.

9. Jun 7, 2013 at 8:42 PM
    Tonto27

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2004 double cab
    morrison is one of the main reasons i'm going. really looking forward to it.

on another note. after the moab "R&D" of pivoting and bashing the daylights out of my homemade skids i feel much better about this trip and the rocks :D

10. Jun 7, 2013 at 9:05 PM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    Sweet!! :D

Be interested to know if it's worse the blackbear from you.

And sweet. Tho with you 33s you should be fine in general :cool:

Hopefully..

Depending on run off this year..

11. Jun 7, 2013 at 9:10 PM
    Tonto27

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2004 double cab
    from the videos of it, it looks about the same...... just going up instead of down. we shall see.

i wasn't really too worried about it but it just makes me feel better about rocks flipping up. wasn't a great feeling when i did that without skids. now when i hear the scraping sound i smile instead of cringe

12. Jun 7, 2013 at 9:13 PM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    You have a diff skid?? That's what I was praying I wish I had when I was in lander..which I did..just..not installed haha

And interesting..the turns are the same huh?? Looks worse for turning on Morrison but height is worse in blackbear...

Guess we will find out :D

13. Jun 7, 2013 at 9:17 PM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    Hey Jason. You gonna bring the box rocket rack? Or your new one?? Seen a few with their tents up over the topper and they don't like it...so curious as to what you'll run.

14. Jun 7, 2013 at 9:18 PM
    Tonto27

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2004 double cab
    no diff skid :eek: i still want to build one but it's been put on the back burner in leu of the trailer right now (kinda backwards when you think about it but oh well)

well, some of the turns look similar but then again.... videos/ pictures can be deceptive little bastards. (ex- z-turn on moab rim is way different in person)

15. Jun 7, 2013 at 9:27 PM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    Pic NEVER show the reality haha so deceptive..haha

And hmmmm...well..if you want real security I'd highly recommend that. That's what I was dragging a TON last year. I was wanting Jon's 35s more then ever lol

Belly was fine. But the LCAs and diff and front skid took a beating. Lots of scars there now.

Also I'd like to ask everyone that is attending to ask if you have working CBs??

:pray:

16. Jun 7, 2013 at 9:32 PM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    Oh ya. How did the Uinden do with mike?? Was it better..or just your tardness??

17. Jun 7, 2013 at 9:38 PM
    Digiratus

Digiratus Adventurer

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Roaming the PNW
    Vehicle:
    The RedHead
    2002 XtraCab TRD 4x4 SCv6 AutoTrans With Lots of Mods ADS COs w/Compression Adjusters Camburg Uniball UCAs Whiteline Lower Control Arm Bushings Kartek 7" Limit Straps Plastics Guy Front Bumpstops Custom Alcan Springs +800 lbs +3" ADS 10" Stroke Triple Bypass w/Resi Rear Shocks Custom Rear Shock Relocate All-Pro U-bolt Flip w/Timbren Bumpstops 4.88 Nitro Gears ARB Front Locker ARB Twin Compressor Black 17x8 Konig Countersteer Type X 285/70r17 Falken A/T3w Gunmetal 16x8 SCS Ray10s 255/85r16 Maxxis Bighorns Limited Edition (Relentless) Elite Front Bumper Smittybilt X2O 10K Winch Diode Dynamics SS3 Sport Selective Yellow Fog Lights in the Bumper Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro 4,000 Kelvin SAE Driving Lights with Clear Lenses on the Bumper Morimoto D2S Projectors XB35 Ballasts + 4300K Bulbs Badland Sliders FrankenFab Tire Carrier Swingout bumper w/kitchen BudBuilt Front & Bellypan Skids BAMF Rear Diff Skid Dometic CFX 55im Fridge/Freezer Alpha II Hardshell RTT Badland Custom Bed Rack Denso 210-0461 105 amp alternator Dual Northstar 24F AGM batteries BlueSea 7622 ML-ACR Battery controller Peak DBI Dual Battery Voltage Monitor Magnuson MP62 Supercharger w/2.37" Pulley Haltech Elite 2000 Standalone ECU Denso 650cc Fuel Injectors Doug Thorley Headers Aeromotive Stealth 340 Fuel Pump TransGo A340F Reprogramming Shift Kit Magnaflow Hi-Flow CAT, Magnaflow 18" Muffler w/Vibrant Resonator 13WL Brake Calipers Braided Steel Brake Lines ScanGauge II OBDII Scanner Kenwood TM-71A Dual Band Ham Radio Larson 70CM/2M Antenna Uniden 520xl CB radio 3' Firestik Adjustable tip antenna Pioneer DEH-P9400BH HU Alpine Amps & Type R components (F) and coaxials (R) Wet Okole Seat Covers Weathertech Digital Liners Deck Plate Mod 1" Diff Drop Carrier Bearing Drop
    was way better

18. Jun 7, 2013 at 9:39 PM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    Well that's good. Long as it's close to last time. Still a good mile or so. Should be fine.

Co is the only place where having 2+ miles range will be nice.

19. Jun 7, 2013 at 9:40 PM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    Good.

Mark? Your ps work??

Joey? Jason?? Eric?? Brady??

20. Jun 7, 2013 at 9:45 PM
    NativeTaco

NativeTaco Mountain Man

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '08 DCLB
    ARB, OME, BAMF, ATO, Rigid, more... Mountain Man Limousine
    I have armor and CB :) the sliders i made worked great in Moab.

To Top