1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The EXPO TRON Build

Discussion in 'Other Builds' started by XPOTRON, Mar 9, 2016.

1. May 31, 2018 at 10:40 PM
    05tacomabro

05tacomabro will work for truck parts...

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    05 dcsb trd off road
    Icon ex. Travel co's, spc uca's, bamf lca skids, 1" body, all pro heavy duty sliders, expo springs, BAMF shackle hangers, 14" bilstein 7100, rear frame box, custom rear frame crossmember, ifs skid, transmission skid, t-case skid(modified by @jeepandrew for exhaust reroute and more beef), custom k&n intake, flowmaster, diff breather mod, stereo with nav/speakers/subs, coverking tactical ballistic seat covers, Baja utility rack, lots of bed liner, anytime fog mod and steel braided brake lines, energy suspension rad support bushings, abs kill switch, cali raised ditch lights, fsr rtt. Lots of plans, little money....
    I'm not defending the actions that were made but I will defend Stephen as a good guy that made a stupid mistake. The fact is, his popularity is what brought this about. Had it been a less known individual, nobody would be talking about it. I've seen countless other acts posted by tw members and ig accounts that have been much more detrimental to any landscape. Most of whom would come on here and try to defend themselves or talk shit and act like they did nothing wrong. He did none of that. He made a mistake, he realized such and he apologized without creating any other drama. That is genuine and in my opinion shows that he is still a good person. We've all made mistakes but 99% of us haven't been so publicly shamed because we didn't have the same popularity. I think of all of us as equals on tw no matter their post count or likes they've received and unfortunately some of us are more in the spotlight than others. It's the internet trolls and keyboard warriors that bring these small lapses in judgment to the light of so many others. I just thought more of tw than to fall into the social media popularity contest. There are other ways to "punish" a person. Rather, this could be a new thread on how to appropriately act when you've made a mistake and what can you do to right your wrong. This wasn't even on tw until the internet warriors showed up. He didn't break any coc rules as far as I know. I just don't agree but that's just my opinion and opinions are like ass holes and every ass hole stinks.
    Happy birthday @XPOTRON !

2. May 31, 2018 at 10:48 PM
    dakotasyota

dakotasyota Just a Fringe of the Ging in your Minge

Member:
    First Name:
    Dakota
    Ellensburg, WA
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab, Manual, V6, 4x4, TRD Off-Road
    Total Chaos +2 LT w/ 2.5 x 8 Kings, 700 lb coils, Chevy 63s, BAMF Shock relocation, 12" King Smoothies, Locker Anytime Mod, 5% Tint All Around, 4xInnovations full skids, Custom Made Rock Sliders, 4xInnovations HC Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier, SOS Original Plate 2 Front Bumper, 130 w KC Slimlites, Homertaco Raptor Grill, Bestop Supertop, Smittybilt 9500 lb winch, Flowmaster 40 series, JVC deck w/ 12" Rockford Fosgate T1 in custom box, and lots more!!
    I *completely* agree with this.

3. May 31, 2018 at 10:49 PM
    tubbsisland

tubbsisland I took snowtanks beer

Member:
    First Name:
    Cliff
    Arizona
  4. May 31, 2018 at 10:50 PM
    PLC721

PLC721 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Chandler, Az
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tundra Crewmax ProKiller
    Kings, Toyos, Baja Designs, TC, SDHQ
    New phone who dis

RPS1030 and 05tacomabro like this.
  5. May 31, 2018 at 10:50 PM
    tubbsisland

Member:
    First Name:
    Cliff
    Arizona
    oakleytrd, who are you?

XPOTRON[OP] and RPS1030 like this.
  6. May 31, 2018 at 10:51 PM
    PLC721

PLC721 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Chandler, Az
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tundra Crewmax ProKiller
    Kings, Toyos, Baja Designs, TC, SDHQ
    nofords08 :p

7. May 31, 2018 at 11:02 PM
    tubbsisland

Member:
    First Name:
    Cliff
    Arizona
    we all make mistakes from time to time. no one is perfect. we learn from our mistakes and move on. I can attest to this 100%... He apologized, and not once did he try to justify what he did was right. He's catching alot of shit already, no need to throw salt on the wound. IMHO @4x4Runner

NateMob, 05tacomabro and dakotasyota like this.
  8. Jun 1, 2018 at 5:50 AM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    It's not like they accidentally moved a rock. They thought of what they wanted to do, got the guys lined up to help, had someone come over with the phone to record it, and put physical effort into doing the wrong thing. They had MANY opportunities to stop and didn't.

Once they were done, they celebrated and took the time to upload the video because they were proud of their stupidity and wanted to put it on display. Again, SO MANY chances to not do the wrong thing and they just kept plowing ahead with their asshattery.

They don't regret their actions. They regret that they got caught. They get no sympathy.

Over the years we have booted other members, some permanently, for things they've done separate from this forum. Actions have consequences.

DRob, AKSig88, TooTallJAMZ and 6 others like this.
  9. Jun 1, 2018 at 6:43 AM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    I have to agree here. TW staff reserves the right to dismiss members for inappropriate behavior, whether on or off the forum.
    I’ve met and hung out with Stefen a few times and never would have expected to see this kind of behavior from him. It disappoints me greatly but also it’s not the first time someone I know well has been dismissed due to inappropriate behaviors that did not occur on the forum.

Bottom line: if you’re going to be a dumbass youre going to receive repercussions from your actions.

10. Jun 1, 2018 at 6:57 AM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon Musk Moderator

Member:
    We have all made bad decisions, and most likely had to face consequences. I'm a big fan of Stefen- I truly am. He's a great guy, but fairness needs to come into place on this one. This is how trails get closed down, people get hurt, etc. Every action usually has a consequence. As of now, the bans aren't being lifted, but that may change in the near future.

11. Jun 1, 2018 at 11:31 AM
    tubbsisland

Member:
    First Name:
    Cliff
    Arizona
    I'm 100% not justifying what was done. Yea, dumb move and an even dumber move to post it online but you're all 3 days late to the party and its mostly blown over by now. You guys are simply continuing to draw unnecessary attention to an event that has already been handled. He didn't break any laws, no one got hurt (thankfully), he owned up to his actions, apologized and left it alone. Case closed.

This would be an entirely different deal if he had tried to defend his actions, or had ran his mouth about it, but he didn't. He was humble, and took what he had coming to him and then some. No one should be receiving death threats over something like this, but that's what he has dealt with. He's a stand up guy that has never really stepped on anyone toes around here or elsewhere, trying to make a scapegoat out of him after the matter has passed is just throwing salt on the wound at this point.

"Let he who hath not sinned cast the first stone" (literally) haha

Edit: keep in mind, this is just my humble opinion.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  12. Jun 1, 2018 at 11:56 AM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Sam’s gone, man. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Not north, not south, not west, mostly east
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    @tubbsisland

It appears we are 3 days late because we discussed what had occurred and what course of action we should take. We found out on Wednesday morning and our discussions took several days as we tried to evalute every aspect of it as well as the responses before we took an agreed upon action. We didn’t just knee jerk ban then.

We know some don’t agree with our choice and others do however, our reasoning is that they are members of TW/Tundras.com and their actions and association could be viewed as bringing discredit upon the site and the membership. If we took no action we would be condoning what they did.

Agree or disagree, it was our collective decision and it’s one we stand behind.

DRob, Martyinco, mjp2 and 5 others like this.
  13. Jun 1, 2018 at 12:03 PM
    Cr250jumper

Cr250jumper Señor member

Member:
    The moon
    Vehicle:
    50 shades of tan©
    Tacoma with some stuff melted to it
    I have seen plenty of forums, this is the only place I see mods literally salting the wounds on a regular basis. Every other forum I have ever come across the moderator actions are not even noticed or seen by the public. I think when you become a TW mod you get a free lifetime salt supply

14. Jun 1, 2018 at 12:04 PM
    ChadsPride

ChadsPride Tacoma Owner & Enthusiast

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Sponsored by TacomaWorld.com
    :eek:

dtaco06 likes this.
  15. Sep 17, 2018 at 3:14 PM
    WhiteNemesis

WhiteNemesis Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mr PattyCakes
    T-Town, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Cant get enough
    Blow it through the roof
    Has this blown over yet?

05tacomabro likes this.
  16. May 31, 2019 at 4:56 AM
    ChadsPride

ChadsPride Tacoma Owner & Enthusiast

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Sponsored by TacomaWorld.com
    Happy Bday Bro! :cheers:

XPOTRON[OP] likes this.
  17. May 31, 2019 at 8:32 AM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Happy Birthday STEFEN!

XPOTRON[OP] and ChadsPride like this.
  18. Jun 17, 2019 at 5:57 AM
    XPOTRON

XPOTRON [OP] Is LIVE on the GRID.

Member:
    First Name:
    Stefen
    Chandler, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    IG: @ST3F3NS
    DUROBUMPS Use TRON10 for 10% Off & Free Shipping
    Good God I need to update this thread :eek:

In other news, my RTT is for sale! Tepui Ruggedized Autana w/ Annex in Expedition Orange $1500
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

rob1208 and ChadsPride like this.
To Top