1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The Florida Panhandle and Surrounding Area Tacos Thread Thing

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Alfuh, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Sep 7, 2015 at 5:52 PM
    Alfuh

Alfuh [OP] It's pronounced alpha

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prerunner
    I have a few mods
    ya I rarely make it up to Crestview haha, I need to actually make my way up there again sometime to grab my stock hood from a buddy of mine. You can't miss my girl haha

2. Sep 7, 2015 at 5:52 PM
    Jnelsen

Jnelsen Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Crestview Fl
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma TRD Sport DCSB
    Well I guess that makes sense... People grabbin UXOs is bad for business haha! When's the next time everyone's going out?! Maybe we can do a mini meet up!

3. Sep 7, 2015 at 5:54 PM
    Zollars

Zollars Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Eagle River, AK
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Sport 4x4
    Suspension: 5100 Billstein Front Shocks Rear AAL 3" lift Engine Bay/Engine: Under-Hood LED lighting Hood QuickLift Elite Hood Struts - Redline Tuning Exterior Additions/Mods: Front Steel Skid plate Front Bumper Light Bar - NFab Bed Cap System: Steal Bedside and Tailgate Caps - KBVoodoo Fabrications 2x US Flag Vinyl Decals Under Mirrors - Far North By Design Exterior Lighting/Electrical: Retrofit Headlights - Ambiguous Fog Light Relay Mod (Fogs On With High Beams) - Thanks To Ostrichsak Depo Taillights 50" 4D Curved Trac Performance LED Light Bar - SLX Motorsports 4x Spot Fog Lights on NFab bar Full Exterior LED Bulb Swap - CSJumper LEDs Interior Additions/mods: CVRV Mirror Riser - BirdDawg Industries Pioneer 8100NEX Head unit Interior 6 Switch Panel - IggyCorp Interior Lighting/Electrical: Backlit 4x4 Switch Mod - RCBS204 Otrattw Switches On IggyCorp Panel For Accessories Dome Light on With Open Door Mod
    I think after Alfuh gets his stuff in we are planning a mod day so a few of us can get help with various projects. After all of our rigs are upgrade, or in my case, fixed, we can go as a group again

4. Sep 7, 2015 at 5:55 PM
    Jnelsen

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Crestview Fl
    Vehicle:
    Yeaaaa mines pretty bare bones stock... I need some deployments to free up some money honey! The only thing I've been able to do to mine is smoke the tail lights and bedlinered my wheels. Your ride is sweet though man!

5. Sep 7, 2015 at 5:57 PM
    Zollars

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Eagle River, AK
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Sport 4x4
    Suspension: 5100 Billstein Front Shocks Rear AAL 3" lift Engine Bay/Engine: Under-Hood LED lighting Hood QuickLift Elite Hood Struts - Redline Tuning Exterior Additions/Mods: Front Steel Skid plate Front Bumper Light Bar - NFab Bed Cap System: Steal Bedside and Tailgate Caps - KBVoodoo Fabrications 2x US Flag Vinyl Decals Under Mirrors - Far North By Design Exterior Lighting/Electrical: Retrofit Headlights - Ambiguous Fog Light Relay Mod (Fogs On With High Beams) - Thanks To Ostrichsak Depo Taillights 50" 4D Curved Trac Performance LED Light Bar - SLX Motorsports 4x Spot Fog Lights on NFab bar Full Exterior LED Bulb Swap - CSJumper LEDs Interior Additions/mods: CVRV Mirror Riser - BirdDawg Industries Pioneer 8100NEX Head unit Interior 6 Switch Panel - IggyCorp Interior Lighting/Electrical: Backlit 4x4 Switch Mod - RCBS204 Otrattw Switches On IggyCorp Panel For Accessories Dome Light on With Open Door Mod
    I haven't done too much on mine, I got hurt downrange almost 2 years ago, and am being permanently retired on October 28th. Due to that, my mod list has been put on hold due to not having a job for a bit after my retirement

6. Sep 7, 2015 at 6:02 PM
    Jnelsen

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Crestview Fl
    Vehicle:
    Ah man I'm sorry you got hurt, bummer on the force retirement. My wish list is pretty short and sweet so hopefully here soon I'll get my taco where I want it to be! Did you put in your suspension yourself or did you take it somewhere?

7. Sep 7, 2015 at 6:03 PM
    Jon850FL

Jon850FL is Lurkin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    DFS, FL
    You can thank the FJ Cruiser Clubs and Jeeps for ruining the trails on Eglin and getting roads/trails closed.

Alfuh[OP] likes this.
  8. Sep 7, 2015 at 6:06 PM
    Zollars

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Eagle River, AK
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Sport 4x4
    I bought it from an Army medic who brought it to Germany with him. It's the sport, but he built it up for offroading. He paid a shop to do the lift, but was getting a divorce, so he sold it off so she couldn't get it haha

I am going to get a new suspension system eventually, the billies are noce, but super stiff. Going to a King or Icon system in the future

9. Sep 7, 2015 at 6:16 PM
    Jnelsen

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Crestview Fl
    Vehicle:
    Right on! I was in Germany before here, I find myself missing it there a lot. The food, beer and the woman there were jaw dropping! I'm not sure what lift I want just yet... I've lurked on the lift pages for a while but I'm sure when I free up the cash I'll figure it out! The ol lady's mom lives with us and she has an 01 taco I want to take over and make my toy! I keep going back and forth if I want to dump cash in the daily driver or save it for the toy! Decisions decisions!

10. Sep 7, 2015 at 6:18 PM
    Zollars

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Eagle River, AK
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Sport 4x4
    Where were you at in Germany? I was at Ramstein from July 2012 to January 2015

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  11. Sep 7, 2015 at 6:19 PM
    Alfuh

Alfuh [OP] It's pronounced alpha

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prerunner
    I have a few mods
    3015? holy shit! gave you some leave I see haha, gonna be there for a bit

Jnelsen likes this.
  12. Sep 7, 2015 at 6:20 PM
    Jnelsen

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Crestview Fl
    Vehicle:
    Small world! I was at Ramstein 11-13! I work flight line so the work sucked but the area was awesome

13. Sep 7, 2015 at 6:26 PM
    Jon850FL

Jon850FL is Lurkin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    DFS, FL
    You drive a DeLorean?

14. Sep 7, 2015 at 6:31 PM
    Zollars

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Eagle River, AK
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Sport 4x4
    The DeLorean is a secret...shh

Alfuh[OP] likes this.
  15. Sep 7, 2015 at 6:31 PM
    Zollars

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Eagle River, AK
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Sport 4x4
    Im an Intel guy, so unless it was the BX or something, highly doubt we ever crossed paths

16. Sep 8, 2015 at 5:46 AM
    Zollars

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Eagle River, AK
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Sport 4x4
    My advice, is to do the research, ride with some people who have suspension lift systems you may be interested in ,and be sure you know exactly what you want before buying. Deciding to change your suspension lift after you have installed it sucks, and you end up losing a ton of money.

My 2 Cents, luckily my first suspension lift came with the truck! :D

17. Sep 8, 2015 at 5:59 AM
    Zollars

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Eagle River, AK
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Sport 4x4
    There are so many options. There is no way to not spend money on these damn rigs. I got a Tacoma because I was spending so much money on my racecars. I figured I would sell the racecars and get a truck and call it good. Holy shit was I wrong...

Now I have the racecars, and the rig, spending too much money on all of them!

18. Sep 8, 2015 at 6:49 AM
    BadBrains

BadBrains Spreading the Aloha

Member:
    AL
    Vehicle:
    '07 Tacoma TRD OR, '00 Integra GS-R, '75 C10
    King, TC +2"LT, 35's, Aluminum this and that.
    Spacers! Friends don't let friends use spacers.

If I were trying to keep the ride stockish but with good quality parts..I'd go with 2.0's without reservoirs front and back. That rules out King so Icon or Fox. I don't know why but I'm not into Icon so I'd go Fox in this instance. Another bonus of not having reservoirs, you can adjust them on the truck. I have to pull my Kings off to adjust them.

265 tires, and upper arms with a ball joint for serviceability and quietness, probably go with Camburg's ball joint arms with greaseable Moog joints.

That would get you leveled and fix taco lean. If you wanted an inch of lift in the rear, instead of going with an add a leaf, I'd get a shackle flip. Gain up travel, an inch of lift all while leaving the factory leaf pack alone.

To finish off, some Wheeler's superbumps to give a plush ride.

Simple, quality.

Alfuh[OP] and pat's taco like this.
  19. Sep 8, 2015 at 7:24 AM
    Zollars

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Eagle River, AK
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Sport 4x4
    Don't you rock spacers??

20. Sep 8, 2015 at 7:40 AM
    BadBrains

BadBrains Spreading the Aloha

Member:
    AL
    Vehicle:
    '07 Tacoma TRD OR, '00 Integra GS-R, '75 C10
    King, TC +2"LT, 35's, Aluminum this and that.
    I'm ashamed, yes wheel spacers...until I get aftermarket wheels(why isn't there a smilie blowing his brains out?)

I was referring more to suspension spacers though.

To Top