1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The Lousy Cop

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Officers' started by tigerfan00, Jan 28, 2009.

1. OU812

OU812 ban the term murdered out

Member:
    First Name:
    danusa
    Kilroy was here
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner DblCab LB
    Nothing yet, brand new!
  2. nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
  3. Brunes

Brunes abides. Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Big Easy, USA
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit Upcoming: ATO Gas Tank Skid and Sliders w/ kickout. ATO Shackle Flip Kit. Down the line: Front/Rear ARB Lockers w/ OBA. 4.56 Gears
    It's somewhere in the neighborhood of 18-20% of the population that have a "significantly below normal" reaction. Great reason to carry tasers too!!

OP-Great post....I love seeing stuff like this!!

4. nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    also a good reason for all officers to have their very own "duty mountain lion". how many criminals would fuck with an officer holding onto a pissed off mountain lion's leash? NONE! thats how many!

5. mpgnc64

mpgnc64 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike and Denise
    Western NC
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Access cab 4cyl 5spd, 2000 Prerunner
    Tool box, Thule rack, rod holders, 5100s at 1.75 and the TSB
    I was pulled over for speeding once and pulled way off the road, the cop asked me why I pulled so far over. I said "Just because I was speeding doesnt mean you have to hazard yourself and stand in traffic". He thanked me and we bullshitted for about 10 min. Cops got a tough job so anytime I can make it a little easier, I do.

6. cvillechopper

cvillechopper Jackass to the masses

Member:
    Charlottesville, VA
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB TRD Off-Rd 4x4, Roof Rack, Tube Steps
    K&N drop-in air-filter, extra D-rings, Custom Console lock-box, Leather heated seats, Studly Driver
    The sad fact is that there have been very publicized cases of abuse of power that give many an excuse to assign the behavior to all cops. I have seen all ends of the spectrum and understand that officers have bad days like anyone else so the attitude I've gotten (very rarely in the grand scheme of things) may be aimed at the punk that just cussed him out over nothing, not at my simple question asked in a very polite tone. It happens. Unfortunately we have had quite a bit of scandal around here (and around the nation for that matter).

From a citizen's perspective I would like to see more severe prosecution for abuse of power charges that are legit. I'm not talking about the guy that gets charged cause he tackled a thief to the ground. I'm talking about the cop in the mid west that tazzered a guy for asking what he had done to be pulled over and refused to show his ID until the cop told him. That was a power trip that should land the cop in jail for 5 year, minimum. If more was done to prevent this type of abuse more citizens would have respect for those that protect us every day.

I know my wife's brother dealt with alot of crap while he was alive and never let it get to him. Served in Iraq only to get run over by a drunk driver on a traffic stop 6 months later, after he had signed off for the night btw.

7. Toy4Life

Toy4Life 668: The Neighbor of the Beast

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Slippery Rock, PA
    Vehicle:
    96 Subaru Outback 2.2 5mt
    92 4Runner SR5 3.0v6 4x4(sold) 02 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad 4x4 (sold)
    If it were'nt for law enforcement and this country's F'd up legal system, I would have been found dead in a ditch years ago at the end of a trail of destruction and collateral damage.

Keep doing what you're doing, without you we would all be in a world of hurt.

8. spp

spp Well-Known Member

Member:
  9. tigerfan00

tigerfan00 [OP] BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Dunkin Donuts
    Vehicle:
    02 TRD 4x4
    "The Badge"

10. Stillfly199

Stillfly199 ( . )( . )

Member:
    First Name:
    J.D.
    Bro Capital of the word
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJ Cruiser
    That one is deep

11. TimberT

TimberT Timberlicious

Member:
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5 DC
    N-fab Nerfs, Weathertech Liners, Bed Mat, Eibach Springs, AFE Pro Dry filter, Dog slobber
    Yup - being asked to do the job of a meter maid 90% of the time doesn't mean they should get paid like one.

12. tigerfan00

tigerfan00 [OP] BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Dunkin Donuts
    Vehicle:
    02 TRD 4x4
  13. Black Taco

Black Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    WPB,FL
    Vehicle:
    2005 Black Tacoma DC 4x4 4.0L TRD Off-Road
    Not stock.
    Unfortunately respect for Law Enforcement lasted about two weeks after 9-11. Sad but true. Stay safe, brother.

14. Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Airaid Short Ram Intake, 285x75R16 Mickey Thompson MTZs, 16" Konig Countersteer rims, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    I always utilize cops.

(To find the nearest coffee donut shop.) :spy:

Just kidding. We look after the 5-0 and in return they got our backs too.

[​IMG]

15. k9cop

k9cop if your not the lead dog, the view never changes

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    10 tacoma dbl cab trd off road prerunner
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    Good post. Could not have said it any better....

16. HomerTaco

HomerTaco That "grill guy" Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Bucks County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    07' DCSB cut to pieces...
    Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad / Safari Snorkel / Illuminated 4x4 switch / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust Dump / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift
    Good bump Jeff. Never saw this one before. :thumbsup:

17. KodiakToyTRD

KodiakToyTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    LOL you read my post in the Mod Chat area....

:spy:

Wait....that was in 2011.... :facepalm:

18. HomerTaco

HomerTaco That "grill guy" Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Bucks County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    07' DCSB cut to pieces...
    Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad / Safari Snorkel / Illuminated 4x4 switch / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust Dump / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift
    This thread needs a monthly bump. :cool:

19. babytruck

babytruck Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 Barcelona AC 4x4 4.0 6spd
    First time I saw this and I think I know why it was bumped - thank you Tiger. Words can never be more true.

20. KodiakToyTRD

KodiakToyTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    Funny thing is, it was bumped a year ago today. I misread that also!!

:anonymous:

To Top