1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The majority of you are liars........... so he says

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by rhowell, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Mar 4, 2012 at 10:29 AM
    rhowell

rhowell [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Indigo TRD Sport 4x4 DCSB
    -Leather with Heated seats -AFE cold Air Intake -DE-jr Rims -Upper and Lower grills from Black Diamond Fabrication -Light bar behind grill -Hella Black Magic Rallye 1000 lights. -OME lift cw Dakar leafs -LR Upper control arms -Rosen duel DVD headrests -Nfab steps -leer canopy
    Most of the fellow Taco owners I meet are nice. I alway make a effort to wave or thumbs up as I pass a nicely modified Tacoma.

At the tire store yesterday trying to decide between Firestone Destination A/T or Hankook Dynapro RF10's when a young fellow pulls in with his lifted (spacer lift) Tacoma. We start to talk and I explain to him how I am deciding between the two model of tires stated above except 255/75/17.

Well this fellow just started going off about 285 this and 285 that. I showed him all my parts (which are in the back of the truck) for my new OME lift c/w LR UCA's and explained that I wanted to avoid rubbing and trimming. He proceeds to make me feel like I wasted my money and 285 will fit with no trimming on........ready for it.......... stock rims with no spacers req'd. Told me he has worked on a few tacomas. Asked him about alingment issues and he said he can get 'any' Taco in spec with a 3" lift running 285's.

The icing on the cake was when he was looking at my new set of Dakar leafs in the rear and asked how much I paid for the AAL's.

At this point it was time to walk away. Anyway I am hoping to see him around as he was in pricing his 285's. Going to be iteresting to run into him again with his 2" spacer lift on the front running 285's on his stock wheels.

That is the greatest part of this community is its ability to educate members.

2. Mar 4, 2012 at 10:31 AM
    Fractured

Fractured FPS-a-holic

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    NOR*Cal
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM DCSB 4x4
    TRD wheels, TRD cat back exhaust, ScanGauge 2, Debadged, Avid sliders, UWS bed box w/automatic LED light, Led Interior/Reverse/Lic. Plate lights, Yellow Fogs, Flyzeye Light, Color matched grill, Rearview mirror relocate bracket, Power Sliding rear window, Plasti-dipped bumper/"T" emblem
    So what does this kid have an alignment rack at his house?

3. Mar 4, 2012 at 10:35 AM
    Warhorseforever

Warhorseforever Will The Thrill

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Sand Lapper
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner SR5
    Kenwood KDC-348U HU Kicker DS65 Front Doors Only 2 Polk Audio MM840 Kenwood KAC 8105D for subs SuperCrewSound.com behind rear seat sub box
    Should have just invited him to him to the site or gotten his email and sent him a few links on people who are running bigger tires such as 285's. Life's to short to get pissed at stupid people.

4. Mar 4, 2012 at 10:36 AM
    EVILSTI

EVILSTI Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    Catskill, NY
    Vehicle:
    1994 FZJ80 / 2022 Tacoma TRD Pro
    2022 Tacoma TRD Pro ......................................... 94 FZJ80 Land Cruiser Slee 6" lift kit 37" KM2s 17" procomp wheels Snorkel .......................................... SOLD: 06 TRD OFF ROAD OME Suspension lift kit with: Front OME 90000 shocks, 886 coils, top plate spacers, complete OME Dakar leaf spring packs, Front Diff drop kit, Rear N182 shocks, OME trim spacer, OME carrier bearing drop bushings, American Racing Chambers 16X8, Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S 285/75-16s (Winter tires), BFG MT KM2's 285/75-16, satoshi grille mod, TRD CAI, AP front bumper, AP skid plate, Cobra 75 WX ST CB, 2' Firestik antenna, Pioneer Avic-U310BT, Beefed Sliders, LR UCA's, Tinted Headlights, AP Rear bumper, DTLTH, Smittybilt XRC10 comp winch, Yellow top D35, pAP custom Transmission Skid ;-) , NFab spare tire holder, DT Pipe Bomb,
    I have OME lift , LR UCA's , Dakar leafs and 285's and only had to remove front mud flaps and get 4.5 BS wheels and I have no rubbing. (Only once in a while when wheeling) Didnt need to trim anything.

5. Mar 4, 2012 at 10:39 AM
    rhowell

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    -Leather with Heated seats -AFE cold Air Intake -DE-jr Rims -Upper and Lower grills from Black Diamond Fabrication -Light bar behind grill -Hella Black Magic Rallye 1000 lights. -OME lift cw Dakar leafs -LR Upper control arms -Rosen duel DVD headrests -Nfab steps -leer canopy
    Most of you rub issues would have been addressed by the replacement of the stock bumper or were you running that setup prior to the AP bumper.

6. Mar 4, 2012 at 10:39 AM
    rhowell

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    Not sure. He might have worked at the tire store were I was at.

7. Mar 4, 2012 at 10:41 AM
    rhowell

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    I recommended this site for some great info.

It takes alot for me to get pissed.

8. Mar 4, 2012 at 10:41 AM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    You might be able to mount a 285, good luck driving it though.

I've had guys argue with me that I couldn't fit a 285 with my 885s and a 1.5" AAL while I had a 32s on my truck stock. Some people just refuse to be wrong.

9. Mar 4, 2012 at 10:45 AM
    commando

commando Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 Double Cab 4X4
    3" spacer lift
    When I bought my truck it had 285's and a spacer lift on it.

It rubbed like a S.O.A.B...

10. Mar 4, 2012 at 12:04 PM
    Night

Night Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD OR AC MagGrey
    Banks Monster Exhaust, aFe ProGuard 7, 3M Film, UnderCoating, alpine 920 headunit, alpine 6.5 components, 20% tint all around, JL Stealthbox, PDX-V9 Amp, Avid Lightbar, Avid Sliders, Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau, TRD S/C
    I was ready to jump on you until I read the thread. Yea most people talk about what they don't know about.

Like some reviewer about adding mother boards to your computer.

11. Mar 4, 2012 at 12:17 PM
    rhowell

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    Reviewer adding mother boards to your computer. Think I got whiplash from the topic change. Take it you are having computer issues.

12. Mar 4, 2012 at 12:23 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    So... you have no rubbing except when it rubs?

13. Mar 4, 2012 at 12:24 PM
    Night

Night Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD OR AC MagGrey
    Banks Monster Exhaust, aFe ProGuard 7, 3M Film, UnderCoating, alpine 920 headunit, alpine 6.5 components, 20% tint all around, JL Stealthbox, PDX-V9 Amp, Avid Lightbar, Avid Sliders, Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau, TRD S/C

I was just making a general statement that people talk through there teeth when saying things that are not possible. Like the computer reviewer who says you add more motherboards for performance.

Really, I have a two tone hobby, electronics and vehicles.

Haha

14. Mar 4, 2012 at 12:33 PM
    TRDyota09

TRDyota09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jabin
    Reedsville,WV
    Vehicle:
    09 Super White TRD DCSB
    K&N cold air intake, magnaflow dual exhaust, extang trifold, grillcraft black mesh grill, spyder black projector headlights w/LED's and halo's, trd 6 speed shift knob, aftermarket TRD badges, interior piped out in red,265/75-16 Goodyear Duratrac tires,painted wheels w/red pin stripe
    I do believe if I was in the OP's shoes, I prolly woulda introduced that fellow to a backhand, and a shut the "F" up! Good job keeping your cool OP!

15. Mar 4, 2012 at 12:39 PM
    tacoman15

tacoman15 Boobies

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Northeast Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma TRD OR & 1985 SR5 4Runner
    I had a guy approach me in a Home Depot parking lot asking me about my lift and that he drove a Tacoma too. Told him about my suspension lift and he proceeded to tell me that I wasted my money and should have bought a spacer lift because "they are cheaper and more capable off road". After hearing that I laughed out loud and walked away.

Moral of the story is stupid is as stupid does. People are entitled to their opinions no matter how wrong they are.

16. Mar 4, 2012 at 12:56 PM
    Night

Night Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD OR AC MagGrey

I love when people tell you did it wrong when you did it the completely full and right way. Or tell you that body lifts are the best way to go haha

17. Mar 4, 2012 at 1:00 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Aftermarket wheels vs stock wheels

Not exactly apples to apples

18. Mar 4, 2012 at 1:02 PM
    Superx2

Superx2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    Iowa

tell me about it! ;)

19. Mar 4, 2012 at 5:35 PM
    the.sight.picture

the.sight.picture Wishes he was in the woods.

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Blue Ridge
    Vehicle:
    2018 QuickSand
    Check out my build thread (Beginning of Money Pit)
    I would have told that kid to make 100% sure that befor he goes down the highway to fill his front tires with gasoline so then he he gets better traction.

20. Mar 4, 2012 at 5:40 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    shows you how much he wheels...

Products Discussed in

To Top