1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The Never Ending or Progressing 2007 RC Bass Model Build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by killianeric, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Mar 12, 2018 at 1:13 PM
    PennSilverTaco

PennSilverTaco Encyclopedia of useless information...

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    2010 Zombie Truck
    His was most certainly not rough...

Unopened first aid kit and tool box in trunk, ICE COLD R-12 A/C, factory limited-slip rear diff...

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  2. Mar 12, 2018 at 1:15 PM
    killianeric

killianeric [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    High Desert
    Vehicle:
    2007 Bass Model Tacoma
    That's cool, wish mine had working A/C. Mine still has the first aid kit unopened and all tools still wrapped in original plastic, and the Lexus pen from the dealership when it was bought

3. Jul 16, 2018 at 9:37 AM
    killianeric

Member:
    High Desert
    Vehicle:
    2007 Bass Model Tacoma
    New radiator, radiator support, thermostat, and headlights. Also re dipped the front bumper. Looking like new again! Still some things to replace like the a/c condenser that's cracked and I didn't realize it until I had the truck back together.

4. Aug 19, 2018 at 11:46 AM
    desertjunkie760

desertjunkie760 @DesertJunkie760 (IG)

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    Check My Sig.
    You replaced the entire core support? How big of a job was that? What replacement support did you use? I may have to do this coming up here soon.

5. Aug 24, 2018 at 10:42 AM
    killianeric

Member:
    High Desert
    Vehicle:
    2007 Bass Model Tacoma

It was a huge project in my case since I have a lot of extra wires and other stereo equipment related things to to disconnect, move, etc.. Also I was replacing the the radiator and some other things at the same time.

Removing the grille, bumper, headlights, fenders, radiator, and the a/c condenser was the easy part(took 1.5 hours). It took about 4 hours to drill out each individual spot weld with 2 people and 2 drills, almost 50 if I remember correctly. Since I couldn't weld it back in, it was bolted in where ever I could get it. It's not very pretty on the back side of things but I didn't have a whole lot of options.

Link for the support below, about $100 shipped to my door. For the headlights, support, radiator, a/c condenser, new supporting bracket for the hood, was about $500 and 20+ hours of work and beer drinking. I'm also a semi broke married 21 year old so I couldn't get a the nice replacement parts I really wanted but no issues so far!
    https://www.carparts.com/details/To...Support/2007/Base/4_Cyl_2-dot-7L/T250120.html

I think your biggest problem will your a/c system since it's not completely cracked or out of refrigerant like mine was.

6. Feb 16, 2019 at 2:01 PM
    killianeric

Member:
    High Desert
    Vehicle:
    2007 Bass Model Tacoma
    Officially have given up on the Tacoma.. It will now be my wifes daily until we get her a mom car when the time comes. I decided to upgrade a little to a 2019 GMC Sierra All Terrain with the L5P Duramax.

7. Mar 4, 2023 at 4:16 PM
    killianeric

Member:
    High Desert
    Vehicle:
    2007 Bass Model Tacoma
    Update for the Tacoma and all projects since my last post.

My wife daily drove it for about 2 years and eventually grew to hate the single cab life. She wanted more of a mom like car. We still haven't had any babies yet lol.

I bought this truck off my brother for $10,500 in 2016. Then sold it through auction for $11k in 2021.

I thought for sure an audiophile would've bought it to rip everything out. It was the complete opposite. A 70 something year old man bought it because he thought it was cool.

I did a little promo video prior to the auction with someone who has never heard it before.
    https://youtu.be/DweupgDSjDw

For the first time in my driving life I don't own a single Toyota. After the Tacoma sold I added another 1971 Toyota Corolla 2 Door Wagon to my collection. Plus more mods to my favorite money pit, my '21 Can-am Maverick X3 XRC Turbo RR.

The 1990 Lexus LS400 was sold a few weeks after I bought my Duramax in 2019.

I had 2 1971 Corollas and a 1974 Corolla 2 door wagon AKA Truckrolla. I was getting ready to move and didn't want to haul all my projects around so I sold all 3 of them. The blue/grey was a one owner car with verified 94k miles. It had service records dating back to 1971.

The Can am has consumed most of my time and money. My brother had a 8 month head start on his Can am build, but I eventually caught up and then some. My motivation for it definitely killed all plans for my other vehicles. I bought it in November of 2020 and all my projects were sold by mid 2021.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The old skinny 3500 was giving me too many problems so it was time for an upgrade. I was wanting to get a Ram 3500 Limited but the stupid recall prevented that. So I traded my truck in a few days ago for a 2023 GMC Denali Ultimate
    [​IMG]

Also thank you to everyone who supported the Tacoma build! I was scrolling through and smiling ear to ear. I started this build thread about 10 years ago when I was 16 years old. I'm glad I documented the whole build! I'm a little bummed I never got to follow through and finish it though. My wife wants a 4Runner or Tacoma so I'll be back eventually with other Toyota build.

Products Discussed in

To Top