1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The official Tacotunes poll

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by 81shark, Mar 10, 2010.

?

Well?

1. I ordered from TT and I would do so again.

19.4%
  2. I ordered from TT and would not do so again.

9.1%
  3. I have not ordered from TT and I would not order from them

22.6%
  4. I have not ordered from TT but i would consider them in the future

36.5%
  5. scoob is ghey

12.5%
  1. Feb 24, 2012 at 9:01 AM
    JStradaXR

JStradaXR Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuy
    Ontario CALI
    Vehicle:
    06 X Rated
    Everything but boost =[
    I can make a box like theirs and including an even better sub for less than theirs. Since I make custom boxes and i work for onlinecarstereo.com I have the hook ups! [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Feb 27, 2012 at 4:38 AM
    slimbrspickins

slimbrspickins New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    CDA ID
    Vehicle:
    10 SR5 4X4
    Just out of curiosity how much do the speaker baffles from Mr Marv compare to the Tacotunes in price? I was actually going to be placing an order with Tacotunes for 6.5 and tweeter mounts but now I'm not so sure. If the prices are about the same I would just a soon go with Marv as everybody says he is a great guy to deal with. I would call Mr Marv but I'm not quite ready to order and I just don't want to take any of his time just yet if I can find out here. Thanks for any help.

3. Apr 14, 2012 at 4:39 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Ordered the adapter kit for my RC (round stock speakers, not 6x9) and the package arrived within a few days. Fit like a dream and the tweeter hole was drilled perfectly for the Polk tweeters.

BUT.....

I sent them an email asking about wiring since some had mentioned that unplugging the tweeter killed all sound. I never got a response.

So... Proceed with caution. They have good products, but they are not the cheapest and I'd rate their customer service/response a solid zero.

4. May 17, 2012 at 4:13 PM
    amishmatt

amishmatt Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    PA Dutch Country
    Vehicle:
    09 Barcelona Red SR5
    Did you get your question answered?

I had a similar question about wiring and where to tap in, and PM'd Mr. Marv. He called me on my cell while I was installing to answer my question, and took another call from me later on. I bought my speakers and adapters from him, and not only are his prices and products first rate, but his customer service is outstanding. Can't recommend him enough.

So, just in case anyone is looking for an alternative to tacotunes...

5. May 18, 2012 at 5:54 AM
    nothinlikeayota

nothinlikeayota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Mooresville, NC
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Sport 4x4 6speed
    Rev Tech leveling lift, LX29 CB w/PA speaker behind lower grill, shorty antenna, UWS black diamond plate low-profile tool box with 2 Firestik II 3foot 5/8 wave antennas black w/ red tunable tips, also mounted highlift jack to tool box via hi-lift mount kit, Black emblems, PIAA extreme white map lights, Oznium LED interior lights, TRD 6speed gear shift ball, TRD cold air intake, TRD oil filter, led 4x4 switch(orange), Hella supertone horns behind grille, 5% window tint all the way around, windshield tinted 35%, Go Rhino side steps, Fog light mod (on whenever), Alpine AVH-p8400BH, Dynomat in the whole interior except the headliner, image dynamics speakers all around powered by alpine PDX-F4 (100x4) mounted under passenger seat, alpine PDX-M6 (600watt) mounted under drivers seat, alpine 10inch type-x sub in costume box so as to still use my back seats, Browning steering wheel cover, AVS In-Channel Ventvisors, WeatherTech bug deflector, Red Line hood struts, K2motor sports black tail light
    tacotunes installation kit, for all those doubters out there, kicks a$$ and is well worth the money. My experience with them has been outstanding and second to none. Thanks tacotunes for awesome service and a great product.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. May 18, 2012 at 5:53 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Good job on the install, but the Dynamat covering the openings in the inner door panels is not doing anything other than adding weight and smell.

Dynamat does not absorb sound. It dampens vibrations on other surfaces that amplify/transmit sound.

You would be better off rolling the window up and getting in there and putting a layer on the inside of the outer door skin.

7. May 21, 2012 at 5:47 PM
    witaco

witaco Member

Member:
    Green Bay,Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 TRD Sport
    I'm sure I'm gonna get slammed for this,being my first post. I placed an order with TT on Thursday. Got fed ex shipping confirmation last night(Sunday),stating its in route from Texas. Before I placed my order,I sent an email asking questions about the bad reviews I read. TT responded within the hour of me sending the email,answering my questions. I've gotten emails from Rob telling me the progress of my order every step of the way.So far,so good.

8. May 24, 2012 at 7:39 PM
    81shark

81shark [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    it's nice to see that we are finally starting to see more positive reviews.

for a long while, everything was negative.

9. Jun 19, 2012 at 11:40 AM
    jsauce8921

jsauce8921 Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    DblCab sb 4x4 trd off road
  10. Jun 20, 2012 at 12:48 PM
    wrxRome

wrxRome Houston's Swamp Rat

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Covington, LA/Friendswood,TX
    Vehicle:
    06 SWB 4x4 trd off road
    just seems too expensive for something i could make in my garage. i guess the only thing i ould but its the wire adapters for the door speakers

11. Jun 20, 2012 at 12:52 PM
    wrxRome

wrxRome Houston's Swamp Rat

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Covington, LA/Friendswood,TX
    Vehicle:
    06 SWB 4x4 trd off road
    couldnt find a double cab box on your site for 2nd gens. you have a link?

12. Jul 29, 2012 at 12:32 PM
    RebelX

RebelX Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Irmo, SC
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 SR5 TRD DC
    Were people's experiences with them really that bad? I bought a front fascia thingy from them a couple years ago for my dads Tacoma (which is now mine) and it works fine. Now that we have two, I plan on getting another front fascia thingy for my dad's new Tacoma. I guess the problems lie in their speakers and wires and that stuff but my experience with their front fascia thingies has been fine.

However, I will say that after reading this thread I will put more consideration into different brands.

13. Sep 10, 2012 at 9:37 AM
    mclovin

mclovin chicka chicka, yeah!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Kunsan, ROK
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 SR5 Super White
    k&n drop in, OME 886x and Dakars, LR UCA, BAMF sliders, grillcraft,35W 7" kragens, BAMF light bar, ato hi lift rail mounts, cobra 19, custom cab over seat shelf, tonno pro tonneau cover, bed divider, BAMF cab mount chop, slimcubby hid, CBI bushmaster 2.0 with custom tire swing, rigid duallys - rear, redline hood struts, relentless IFS skid, rearview mirror relocate bracket, alpine ktp-445u amp, hypertech spedo calibrator, debadged, retro sockmonkey tailgate decals, relentless front bumper, smittybuilt x2o comp 8k winch, rigid duallys -front ...in the works... 20" led bar, at2525xl, rear camera relocate/pop-n-lock, tint, color match grille surround, retros, sound ordinance 8" sub unit, pioneer avh-8500bhs
    i ordered a 6x9 kit from tt a month or 2 ago and the shipping got messed up, however they were quick on to get it fixed and even had drop shipping from ID for the speakers. a couple weeks later i realized i needed their back door mounts and they got them to me in a day or 2. so far a pretty ok experience in my book

14. Sep 19, 2012 at 4:36 AM
    cho

cho Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner TSS
    I have read many mixed reviews regarding www.tacotunes.com and I was hesitant to order anything from them.

I contacted Rob regarding the reviews I had read and he explained the shipping complications. Also, he assured me that their shipping issues had been resolved.

I ordered the Image Dynamics CTX65CS for the front doors and the Image Dynamics CTX65 for the rear doors late on a Sunday evening. I received them promptly on Friday of the same week. TacoTunes has responded promptly to every question I have had. I honestly could not have asked for better service.

The speakers sound excellent and the speaker mounts fit perfectly. I suppose threads like this one may be making a difference!

15. Sep 22, 2012 at 7:15 AM
    jgorniak

jgorniak Member

Member:
    I found a reference to TacoTunes somewhere here before I found out about all of the issues people were experiencing. I had e-mailed a question to Rob and he replied promptly.

After checking out the videos on his site I decided that I'd take a shot at doing this myself. I hadn't installed anything audio-wise in a vehicle since I put a cassette deck in my girlfriend's Toyota Corona about a million years ago (yeah, I'm old).

Shortly after placing my order, I started finding all of the negative posts about TT. Within a day though, I received a FedEx tracking number, along with an estimated delivery date. Not bad, things are moving along nicely. Since I had just gotten my Taco, I'd ordered a lot of stuff for it, and I noticed that both FedEx and UPS tracking forms usually showed when the packages were received by the shipper. My TT order only showed a delivery date, but not a pick up. Hmmm...

When the delivery date rolled around (about 5 days later) and there was no package, I immediately thought I was getting hosed. I sent an e-mail to TT to cancel the order. Magically, a few hours later, there was a sign of movement on the FedEx site. The package had been pick up, and I had a new delivery date. Rob contacted me, apologized for the delay (no explanation), and the order arrived.

My work schedule was now off, so I couldn't start the installation immediately. When I did get around to it, I found that my Scosche dash kit had magically turned into a Metra kit. Didn't really matter; I went ahead and ordered a Scosche from Amazon and got it the next day. I just didn't feel like putting up with a possible delay waiting for a replacement kit from Rob. Anyway, installation went well, with the exception of the dash kit. For anyone wondering which one works or looks best with a 2012, it's just a choice between two equally lame units. I ended up using the Metra because it lined up better with my HU, the Pioneer AVH-P6300BT.

Bottom line: if I were to do it all over again, just for the sake of convenience, I'd go ahead and purchase everything from Crutchfield. If you're trying to save money, you could piece everything together from multiple sources.

Would I buy from TacoTunes again? I'd definitely consider it. But if I did, and I got pissed off because something along the way got fouled up, that's on me. Rob seems like a nice guy, maybe not running the most organized or efficient business, but ultimately it all worked out for me. I'm sure my tolerances and patience are different than yours, so YMMV.

16. Oct 3, 2012 at 11:20 AM
    Tacopig

Tacopig Active Member

Member:
    Durham, NC
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4 V6
    I am currently in a battle with Rob to either finally receive my order or get a refund....
    Invoice #: 0000009744
    Email: robertson411@gmail.com

17. Oct 9, 2012 at 5:55 AM
    jokerj80

jokerj80 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    O..H!!
    Vehicle:
    12 tacoma quad cab
    SS bull bar, K&N air filter, Pioneer avh8400, Kicker amp and sub, window tint, bug shield, T-Rex grille, Hella Ralleye 1000 behind grille, lund genesis bed cover
    i ordered a steering wheel interface for my aftermarket stereo. im holding my opinion until its at my door step.

18. Oct 11, 2012 at 8:08 AM
    jokerj80

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    O..H!!
    Vehicle:
    12 tacoma quad cab
    SS bull bar, K&N air filter, Pioneer avh8400, Kicker amp and sub, window tint, bug shield, T-Rex grille, Hella Ralleye 1000 behind grille, lund genesis bed cover
    I ordered the swi and it came in the mail in 3 days. No complaints there. Waiting for the dash kit I purchased from kevin and a parking brake bypass I ordered from amazon. Then its a go with the stereo tweeking. Ill keep y'all posted. Post some pics.:bored:

19. Oct 16, 2012 at 7:11 AM
    jokerj80

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    O..H!!
    Vehicle:
    12 tacoma quad cab
    BEFORE....
    [​IMG]
    AFTER......
    [​IMG]

20. Oct 16, 2012 at 10:24 AM
    Tacopig

Tacopig Active Member

Member:
    Durham, NC
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4 V6
    What is the model number of your dash kit...I have been waiting forever for the 2012 kit. I installed an '11 kit just to tide me over, I think we have the same head unit...thanks

To Top