1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The official Tacotunes poll

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by 81shark, Mar 10, 2010.

?

Well?

1. I ordered from TT and I would do so again.

19.5%
  2. I ordered from TT and would not do so again.

9.0%
  3. I have not ordered from TT and I would not order from them

22.7%
  4. I have not ordered from TT but i would consider them in the future

36.4%
  5. scoob is ghey

12.4%
  1. Mar 20, 2013 at 6:58 AM
    Lurkin

Lurkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    A bit late, but Sound Off Audio or Supercrew sound...

2. Mar 20, 2013 at 7:20 AM
    Shaowei

Shaowei Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 LB
    I ordered a sub, enclosure, and custom sized tweeter door mounts. I had a questions after the order was placed and never got a response (called and emailed). The order arrived within a week. The enclosure was well built. The tweeter mounts worked though the hole was barely too small. The price was right and the products were well done. Overall, I would give a 4/5.

3. Apr 10, 2013 at 5:50 AM
    cnads

cnads Member

Member:
    Fredericton, NB
    Vehicle:
    2013 Double Cab SR5
    Coming soon!
    I ordered from tacotunes and it was a mistake.

I saw this thread right before I made the order. I did some googling and it seemed like most of the issues that I found people post about were from several years ago so I decided to give them a chance, since they had exactly what I was looking for - double din kit for a 2012+ taco along with wiring harnesses.

I made my order on march 13. I got an email with my receipt for the purchase and have not heard anything from them since. No email saying that my order was shipped or anything. I still have not received my order. I emailed them 2 days ago asking what the status of my order was and when it was shipped out and asked for a tracking number. No response. I am going to call them today when I have a chance and try to ask them. I will be reporting them to paypal if I don't get a reasonable response.

4. Apr 10, 2013 at 9:15 AM
    haider320

haider320 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Roswell, NM
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM Double Cab SR5 4x4
    I emailed them two weeks ago asking if 6x8's will work in the door. No reply.

5. Apr 10, 2013 at 9:51 AM
    cnads

cnads Member

Member:
    Fredericton, NB
    Vehicle:
    2013 Double Cab SR5
    Coming soon!
    well i called them.. no answer.. no call back.. i emailed them again and then a few minutes later i saw on their website that they have a live chat app on it.. and there was actually somebody there..

they told me that there were additional shipping fees ($10 or so) because it is coming to Canada. I have no problem with that.... but they never sent me the invoice for additional shipping charges! And they never sent me an email saying that there were additional fees.

In hindsight this is partially my fault because it does say in the order confirmation that you will receive a tracking number within 72 hours. I should have tried to contact them sooner. But still, they should reply to their emails.. and answer the phone.. and send you an invoice for additional shipping charges.

But I would highly recommend anyone else that orders from them to follow up with them if they don't have the tracking number after a few days. (and wish you luck getting a response from them)

They provided me a tracking number and covered the additional shipping costs for the delay.

6. Apr 18, 2013 at 10:41 PM
    2013baja

2013baja Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Markus
    SoCal
    I ordered the mounting brackets for my new 6x9 front speakers. They arrived in a timely fashion and worked as described no problem. Thumbs up!

7. Apr 23, 2013 at 8:49 AM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    I only order mounting brackets from this company, and even then they have screwed the pooch on those orders a few times.

Talked to them on the phone, they said the Alpine Type-R tweeter is a 1 inch cut out. I told him over the phone its bigger than that and I can measure real fast. He got snappy "No need! It's a 1 inch hole and it will work".

It's not a 1 inch hole, had to widen the hole to make it larger and fit the speaker. Was it a big deal, not really. But ordering 100$ worth of MDF/Plastic it shouldn't have to be modified and he could of waited the 30 seconds for me to bust out a tweeter and measure it.

8. Jul 26, 2013 at 3:48 PM
    sprucemicataco

sprucemicataco New Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2013 double cab off road
    I ordered from them last week. Can't get tracking info. Won't respond to phone or email. :mad:

9. Jul 26, 2013 at 4:15 PM
    sprucemicataco

sprucemicataco New Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2013 double cab off road
    I just got the "I thought I replied. Checking now." Email. But still not tracking number. I guess this is some sort of automated copout after you send three emails.

10. Jul 27, 2013 at 6:00 PM
    Shaowei

Shaowei Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 LB
    Hopefully this helps, but I didn't receive a tracking number or any other correspondence after the initial order confirmation. In the end, I did get everything as ordered. I hope you have the same experience, best of luck!!!

11. Aug 13, 2013 at 8:54 AM
    81shark

81shark [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    link him to this thread...that seems to get him moving :rolleyes:

12. Nov 18, 2013 at 7:23 AM
    MadMedic35

MadMedic35 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I ordered speaker brackets from him and they were at my house about a week later. No issues whatsoever

13. Jan 12, 2014 at 10:47 AM
    ace96

ace96 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western KY
    Vehicle:
    '11 SWB DC TRD SPORT
    AVS bug deflector, Weathertech digital fit floor mats, TRD skid plate w/ Sockmonkey decal, HomerTaco Raptor grill, Pioneer 3500, Hybrid Audio Technology Mirus 6X9s & 6.5s, back up cam mod, Wet Okoles-front & rear, TRD exhaust, 17X9 XD Spy w/ Toyo AT2, Avid light bar
    Ordered head unit harness, steering wheel control adapter, dash kit, and tool kit. Everything arrived promptly but the tool kit is junk. Everything else was good and worked perfectly.

14. Jan 25, 2014 at 4:42 PM
    MARKDESMO

MARKDESMO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma TRD
    Ordered ID CTX65CS speakers, upgraded speaker brackets and wiring harness. Ordered on a Saturday and had a tracking # on Monday and the order within 5 days. The box was packed with leftover Christmas wrapping paper and the cardboard tube from it.. cheap.....no speaker wire and a grab bag of nuts and bolts that seemed useless. Needed some help on wiring, called, emailed and tried the chat, no response or any help. The videos on the site are not for beginners like me and knowledgeable people would not need them. I was able to call ID direct and they helped me out, thank g or I would still be pulling my hair out. I would only order the speaker brackets from them in the future, nothing else. I even ripped up the picture of the model they sent..............

btw, the crossover unit with those speakers fits right behind the door handle on each side of the truck. If you mount the crossover to a small bracket you can just unscrew the bolts that hold the metal plate in the door and use those holes and screws for the bracket holding the crossover. That is the only place in the door that will work and up that high on the door the window mechanism has zero clearance to add bolts or screws. Oh yea if you disconnect the stock tweeter with the stock wiring harness to remove it, nothing will work. You have to cut and cap the wire to the stock tweeter leaving the stock wiring harness still connected......That took quite a few f bombs to figure all that out..... Learning the hard way is my way...............................

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  15. Jan 27, 2014 at 3:10 PM
    love4steel

love4steel Well-Known Member

Member:
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    trd off road
    2" toytec spacer lift, 16" MT classic locks, 265/75 duratracs, flashlight mod, cabin led's, wet okoles, vanish tonneau
    I really wanted to order a speaker bundle from TT but after reading so many complaints of people who got dicked around by this guy I went another route and spent more money. I know what it feels like to get dicked around from an online order and it sucks. Screw that guy

16. Jan 30, 2014 at 6:39 PM
    btacoma

btacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Roger
    texas
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner DC v6 4.0L
    hankook tires pioneer avh-p4300 headunit
    where else can you buy baffles for speakers?

17. Jan 31, 2014 at 5:36 PM
    HTX

HTX Well-Known Member

Member:
    I just ordered some from Mr. Marv on this forum. Heard nothing but good things about him.

18. Feb 1, 2014 at 10:17 AM
    btacoma

btacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Roger
    texas
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner DC v6 4.0L
    hankook tires pioneer avh-p4300 headunit
    Just pm'd him yesterday and he replied right away. Think I'm going that route.

19. Feb 1, 2014 at 5:27 PM
    AEmedic

AEmedic Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Patrick AFB, FL
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCLB 4X4 TRD Sport Supercharged
    TRD Supercharger, Toytec Adj. Coil-Overs, Biliistein 5100's, JL Audio system w/Kenwood DNX9980HD HU
    I emailed Taco Tunes over a week ago and they never responded...I guess that tells me how good their communication is!

20. Feb 1, 2014 at 5:35 PM
    medic2230

medic2230 Ditch Doctor

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Columbus, Ga
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB
    20% Tint, OME 3"complete lift with Dakar's, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 10 HP TW sticker, Ultraguage, B.A.M.F. Rock Sliders, MedicFab Bed Rack, Relentless front bumper
    You could grab some MDF and a pencil, trace around your factory speakers to make your own.

To Top