1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The official ********* poll

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by 81shark, Mar 10, 2010.

?

Well?

1. I ordered from TT and I would do so again.

19.0%
  2. I ordered from TT and would not do so again.

9.6%
  3. I have not ordered from TT and I would not order from them

23.6%
  4. I have not ordered from TT but i would consider them in the future

35.7%
  5. scoob is ghey

12.1%
  1. Dec 14, 2010 at 5:23 AM
    mws4ua

mws4ua I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4x4... Yeah yeah, I know.
    I'd heard of them from this website, but I hadn't done my research into the (lack of) customer satisfaction of TW members. I have nobody to blame but myself. Unless my order show up soon, they can count me a one-and-done customer... if I don't try to get my money back from PayPal, that is.

I agree. If you're a small business, I can even understand it preventing you from doing your job effectively for a short time... but you should stop taking orders while you can't fill them, if that's the case.

So your order showed up after a delay, even though they never communicated with you? How long was the delay, and how often did you email?

2. Dec 14, 2010 at 3:16 PM
    Sproulesxrunner

Sproulesxrunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Xrunner
    Too much for TW to know
    Rob finally emailed me back!!! He told me what was going on and he said he would do his best to get them in the mail by tomorrow... Hopefully it all comes through and I can get my mounts.:rolleyes:

3. Dec 14, 2010 at 6:32 PM
    Aalders

Aalders Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Logan
    Dover, Delaware
    Vehicle:
    2009 Double Cab TRD off road
    Pop-n-Lock Tlailgate handle, TSB Rear Leafs, 12V bed outlet, Back up camera in mirror mod, Roof Rack, TRD Exhaust, Front Skid Plate, Running Boards, 4 100w KC SlimLites, Westin brush guard, Fog lights in the bed pockets, extra D rings in the bed, Fog light mod, seat belt chime mod, 75,000 candlepower StreamLight rechargeable flashlight
    It took 2 and 1/2 weeks to get my product. i emailed about 3 times and called once. i never got a response, but im not sure if my emails even mattered.

4. Dec 14, 2010 at 6:44 PM
    blendedfamily

blendedfamily Well-Known Member

Member:
    'Burque(sucks)
    This thread is intense!

Seriously:

Just finished installing my setup last weekend, about half of which I bought from TT. I was in constant contact with Rob, (emails typically replied to within an hour or so nearly every time), about products, and was given good technical advice which I was able to validate with some good research on my part. I purchased a set of ID CTX6.5's and CTX6.5cs, also got their ported box with ID12v3. Shipping was prompt. Everything was delivered as described. About my only complaint is that the box was a bitch to mount. The thing bangs out my tunes better than I expected, as well as the rest of the system.

Although I've only had the system in for a few days, unless everything blows up and my truck catches on fire, I'd definitely order from them again.

5. Dec 15, 2010 at 6:18 AM
    Sproulesxrunner

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Xrunner
    Too much for TW to know

Rob said he was doing a favor for someone...... looks like it was for you. :mad: haha. Hopefully he will get my mounts in the mail today though.

6. Dec 15, 2010 at 8:27 AM
    cavilry

cavilry Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma TRD 4x4 LT
    Total Chaos Long Travel Kit, King Shocks, Deaver Leafs
    So strange...I know I only ordered a faceplate but it was here within a week, everything was in good shape, and it all fit well. I will say though, after my initial e-mail he did not reply to my two subsequent ones....I am also guessing he will not be refunding me for sending the silver faceplate instead of the black...$3!!!!!!!! haha

7. Dec 20, 2010 at 7:02 AM
    mws4ua

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    On 12/14, two weeks and THREE emails after my order was placed, I received a response from Rob at TT. He said that they were out of one of the products I ordered (the 6x9 MDF mounts). He said I should have received an automated email, but that I was the third person who hadn't received it. I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

He also said that he would gladly ship out the more expensive plastic 6x9 mount that day (12/14) or if I wanted to wait one day he would send out what I ordered, since it was to arrive the next day. He signed the email, "LMK, i will get this done ASAP."

A little frustrated, but happy to seemingly get a resolution, I immediately responded that I would leave the decision to him. I'm not putting together a super-system, so the upgrade would be nice, but is not necessary.

No surprise here... He didn't respond.

It's been 6 days since our exchange. My order hasn't arrived. The USPS tracking number that came with the original PayPal notification still says only that "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on December 07, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date." This tells me he still hasn't shipped.

Since telling him he could ship whichever mounts he wanted, I've emailed him two additional times, and still nothing. I've told him a number of times that I will start the process of trying to recover my money through PayPal if I haven't recieved either my order, or evidence that it has shipped by 12/31.

Either way, I'll be looking elsewhere from now on. I really wish I'd found/read this thread a month ago!

8. Dec 22, 2010 at 10:59 AM
    mws4ua

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    I just re-checked the tracking number that came through PayPal. When I checked two days ago it still hadn't shipped. Today it says that the package was processed through a sort facility on 12/21, so it looks like it's actually (finally) on the way to me.

I don't plan to buy from ********* again, even if my complete order arrives. Waiting 3 weeks for it to ship, and complete shit for communication has turned me off.

9. Dec 22, 2010 at 12:42 PM
    81shark

81shark [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 Base Access CP1
    glad to hear he finally got off the shitter for you.

hopefully, his bowls will move for the other guy that is waiting.

10. Dec 27, 2010 at 6:40 AM
    mws4ua

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    On 12/24 I came home to find a note from the post office... I had a package from *********, but they couldn't deliver b/c I wasn't home. Because it was Christmas Eve, I couldn't get it the next day, and the following day was Sunday (yesterday).

Again, I placed my order on 12/1, and it wasn't around for Christmas. That's ridiculous.

Yes, I realize that it was at my house before Christmas and the only reason I didn't have it was that I wasn't home to receive it. And don't get me wrong, I don't mind that a signature was required. I'd rather miss the delivery and have to pick it up at the post office than have them leave it and it get damaged in weather or stolen... BUT, because he took so damn long to ship, the day it was missed was Christmas Eve, and at that point it was too late to wait a day and pick it up.

Not buying from them again.

11. Dec 28, 2010 at 1:03 PM
    blendedfamily

blendedfamily Well-Known Member

Member:
    'Burque(sucks)
    That weird man. Rob was in constant contact with me. He typically replied to emails within an hour or so. He did send the tracking info the day I got the package, but I live about 2 days away via fed ex... I don't know what that stuff is happening to y'all...

12. Dec 30, 2010 at 9:54 AM
    Sproulesxrunner

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Xrunner
    Too much for TW to know
    **update**

Rob finally replied to me. He told me what was going on with the family emergency and I realize why there was a long delay for the replies. He sent them out a couple of days ago but the best part is I got refunded 97.99$$$!!! He is a good guy and I feel bad for harassing him while he was going through a tough time. I would buy from him again... excellent products

13. Jan 2, 2011 at 8:01 PM
    the arkitect

the arkitect I will gladly pay you on Tuesday...

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5
    I ordered access cab speaker mounts about a year ago and everything arrived quickly. Other than the screws for the front mounts being the wrong threads, everything was good. After reading through these posts, I don't think I will be a return customer though.

14. Jan 2, 2011 at 8:38 PM
    mws4ua

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    I have no idea what he's going through with his family... but he needs to find a way to run his business while he goes through it, or he needs to take a step back from the business and take care of his personal life for a bit. He's losing customers with his slow responses and delayed shipping.

15. Jan 3, 2011 at 4:23 PM
    Sproulesxrunner

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Xrunner
    Too much for TW to know
    The products are definitely good but the communication was lacking when Rob was out.

16. Jan 3, 2011 at 4:33 PM
    thekid1550

thekid1550 Well-Known Member

Member:
    bronx ny
    Vehicle:
    trd sport
    weathertech digital fits,oem hood deflector,clarion nx409,metra dash kit,20% tint on front windows,ddm tuning 6000k hi/lo hids,ddmtuning 6000k fogs,trd 2nd gen intake,alpine pdx-5,subthump access cab box,tacotunes amp wiring kit,image dynamics idq10 2 ohm subwoofer
    i waited a month for a wiring kit they never answered my emails and when i finally got the kit a week later i got a confirmation email thought they were sending me a second kit by accident then i realized what the date was in the email complete joke all in all took over a month

17. Jan 3, 2011 at 4:47 PM
    Manwithoutaplan

Manwithoutaplan the full Monty

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Speedway Blue Trd 4x4
    -Nitro 4.56 gears - Arb Front and Rear lockers. -Rear Swing out bumper Curiosity of ( Dept .94) https://www.facebook.com/Dept94 -Tinted, -ProComp 6 inch lift with Icon Coil overs and Bilstein's 7100Resi -315/70/17 - 17x8 in Pro Comp Matte black rims 4.5 bs -East Coast Gear Supply Sliders -ALL Pro EXP LEaf pack -Camburg UCA's -CAB mount CHOP
  18. Jan 10, 2011 at 12:07 PM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    Family emergency is like a universal excuse for "I'm screwing you". No family emergency would make good on him not contacting you back for over 3 weeks. I never believe anyone who says that, 99% of it's total BS.

19. Jan 24, 2011 at 11:41 AM
    Sproulesxrunner

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Xrunner
    Too much for TW to know
    I finally got my mounts in last week!! and he refunded my whole order. Just wanted to thank Rob for coming through and going the extra mile to make true "custom" speaker mounts. Rob purchased another machine to specifically make my mounts (5.25"). Now Tacoma guys can get 3.5" -8" speakers to fit with the new mounts cutting machine!

20. Mar 4, 2011 at 3:51 AM
    meirvin

meirvin Today was a good day, I didn't have to use my AK

Member:
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport LB
    Tinted Windows, HomeLink, Kennwood 7180 Navigation, DIAMOND AUDIO D161.5 6.5" Component Speakers- front, DIAMOND AUDIO D161.5i 6.5" Coaxial Speakers-Rear, Rockford Fosgate P 400-2, Rockford Fosgate P 400-4, JL subwoofer, Viper 5902 remote start/alarm, Coverall Bed Cover, Magnaflow Muffler, Redline Hood Struts
    I have made two orders in the last two weeks and each time got my items in under 4 days just FYI

Products Discussed in

To Top