1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The Official Unofficial Super Pacific X1 Camper Thread

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by Synergy001, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Feb 2, 2023 at 2:05 PM
    XPOTRPR

XPOTRPR CNC Programmer/Machinist

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    [2009 Supercharged Adventuretruck] & [1986 22r Minitruck]
    > BUILD LINKS >
    So what kind of digital rearview mirrors are you guys that have them running? Amazon is flooded with them.. I just want something that fits between the visors and has 2 channels (front dashcam recorder/rearview camera). I dont need a ton of bells and whistles either like Nav, media, all that. I plan on wiring my factory backup camera in to my Headunit for reverse.. and use the rearview mirror for full-time backward facing. the front will just be there in case...

2. Feb 2, 2023 at 3:00 PM
    Sixthelement

Sixthelement Ran over a Yeti once, Texas, never again

Member:
    Flagstaff
    Vehicle:
    JD LT
    This is the one that my friend is using because of how OEM it looks. So far he hasnt complained.
    https://www.mastertailgaters.com/co...ode-wi-fi-mobile-playback-1080p-backup-camera

TailHook and XPOTRPR[QUOTED] like this.
  3. Feb 2, 2023 at 3:28 PM
    XPOTRPR

XPOTRPR CNC Programmer/Machinist

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    [2009 Supercharged Adventuretruck] & [1986 22r Minitruck]
    > BUILD LINKS >
    TailHook likes this.
  4. Feb 3, 2023 at 5:19 AM
    TailHook

TailHook Oh, what shall we do with a drunken sailor?

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Utah! Get Me Two!
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRDOR 4X4, 2007 Sequoia 4WD
    Bunch-o-goodies
    XPOTRPR[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. Feb 3, 2023 at 6:11 AM
    wmphoto

wmphoto New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Walt
    Vehicle:
    2009 JK and a 2022 Gladiator
    Too many to list
    Has anyone made a wind deflector for the front of their x1 yet? I've been looking for ideas but haven't come across anything yet.

6. Feb 3, 2023 at 10:13 AM
    Taco_gloom

Taco_gloom Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD OFFRD
    For the owners that have removed an X1 temporarily, what has been the best method utilized? Have no hoist or forklift.

7. Feb 3, 2023 at 12:05 PM
    truello

truello Well-Known Member

Member:
    Issaquah, WA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma TRD OR DCLB
    There was a thread not too long ago with instructions on reapplying the bulb seal from SP.

The Official Unofficial Super Pacific X1 Camper Thread

econwatch and Taco_gloom[QUOTED] like this.
  8. Feb 3, 2023 at 1:09 PM
    Tacomags

Tacomags Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD OR DCSB 4x4
    17" 4Runner wheels, 32" Nittos, Dobinsons IMS, RRW sliders, Total Chaos bed stiffeners, custom seat delete, Decked, Super Pacific X1
    There are a few people in this thread that have made one. Also found this on a GFC thread.

9. Feb 3, 2023 at 1:13 PM
    econwatch

econwatch Well-Known Member

Member:
    Utardia/Kanook Eh
    Vehicle:
    Naranja 7545
    Went down the rabbit hole of YT on installing an I-beam in the garage, buying/renting a Gantry Crane (~$850 HF/Amz), trying to find the engineering span loads of garage trusses to install a ceiling hoist , etc.

Best so far was renting a picker commercial truck for the day, and moving it over. They go for about $250USD around here.

The positive aspects of installing an I-beam (post on back of garage and supports over the entrance) are appealing but that's another project to add to a long list.

Curious what others have done with minimal to zero additional help.

Taco_gloom[QUOTED] likes this.
  10. Feb 3, 2023 at 2:12 PM
    wmphoto

wmphoto New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Walt
    Vehicle:
    2009 JK and a 2022 Gladiator
    Too many to list

I built a part of my girl's play set in the back yard out of four 4x4, made it 10 tall, put a deck on top, put a place a can put a hoist in the center... and there ya go. When I need to I just unhook the swings back in, put the hoist on top and pull it off. I actually made it originally for my RTT I had on my JKU... then used it to put the rtt on the trailer, then with the rtt I build into the JKU's hardtop... Now, it's good for the SP. Plus the kids originally thought I just built a really cool gym set for them. Which was part of the thought behind it originally. So, win/win...

11. Feb 10, 2023 at 1:08 AM
    evdog

evdog Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCLB TRD OR
    Insurance update...

I wrote earlier that I had AAA add the X1 to my insurance coverage. Well it turns out the agent never completed the steps to add it, so it was not actually on my policy. That is strike 2 against AAA. The agent when I initially signed up with AAA neglected to submit all required info to underwriting which eventually resulted in a cancelled policy. Got that fixed by another agent who is the one who messed up adding the X1.

I stopped in at a different AAA office with some questions as it was time to renew my policy for 2023. One of the questions was to confirm the X1 had been added since the declarations page of my renewal docs didn't mention it. Turned out my gut feeling was correct and it wasn't there. The agent in that office added it, and came out to take photos of it. I'll be checking the updated policy docs when they come in the mail for sure. As the previous guy had said there was no additional premium to add the X1 which is still pretty surprising. It should be insured for replacement cost. I also had them add the cabinet and solar/battery setup. They didn't take a dollar amount for that but I have all receipts should anything happen.

FWIW I had an independent broker run some quotes with other insurance companies. One came lower on auto, one lower on home insurance, and one lower on moto. So I could save a bit of money by having each type with a different insurance company, but overall AAA was pretty competitive.

12. Feb 10, 2023 at 12:38 PM
    carsontheguy

carsontheguy Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carson
    South Lake Tahoe
    Vehicle:
    '22 DCRB OR
    --Exterior-- Some stupid KMC Wheels Even dummer (j/k) Toyo Open Country A/T III tires - whatever size Super Pacific Switchback X1 Camper Body armor 4x4 hiline bumper + Wings - 6" diode dynamics ambers - 20" Dual Row LED Light Bar with Black Bezel Prinsu cabrack - Cali-raised 42" light bar Winjet Automotive Tail light (black/smoke) --Under Hood-- Genesis Off Road duel battery - 2x Odyssey Extreme type 34 Auxbeam switch pannel --In Cab-- Garmin Dashcam 57 --In Bed-- Total Chaos Bed stiffeners Dometic CFX3 45 on DFG Offroad Slide mount GTFO Light Kit - HardKorr LED Lighting --Accessories-- Cascadia Hybrid Telescoping Ladder
    Which swing out bike rack attachment is this?

13. Feb 13, 2023 at 2:44 PM
    econwatch

econwatch Well-Known Member

Member:
    Utardia/Kanook Eh
    Vehicle:
    Naranja 7545
    Looks like a swing out hitch.
    1up used to sell them but couldn't find it on their site.

googler search:
    https://www.kuat.com/product/pivot-2/

carsontheguy[QUOTED] likes this.
  14. Feb 13, 2023 at 7:26 PM
    Krawdad

Krawdad Beer me

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    14 DCSB OR

It's hard to tell if this is what he is using, but 1up does still offer them.
    https://www.1up-usa.com/product/rakattach/

econwatch[QUOTED] likes this.
  15. Feb 14, 2023 at 1:22 PM
    carsontheguy

carsontheguy Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carson
    South Lake Tahoe
    Vehicle:
    '22 DCRB OR
    --Exterior-- Some stupid KMC Wheels Even dummer (j/k) Toyo Open Country A/T III tires - whatever size Super Pacific Switchback X1 Camper Body armor 4x4 hiline bumper + Wings - 6" diode dynamics ambers - 20" Dual Row LED Light Bar with Black Bezel Prinsu cabrack - Cali-raised 42" light bar Winjet Automotive Tail light (black/smoke) --Under Hood-- Genesis Off Road duel battery - 2x Odyssey Extreme type 34 Auxbeam switch pannel --In Cab-- Garmin Dashcam 57 --In Bed-- Total Chaos Bed stiffeners Dometic CFX3 45 on DFG Offroad Slide mount GTFO Light Kit - HardKorr LED Lighting --Accessories-- Cascadia Hybrid Telescoping Ladder
    Of the two I'm liking the Kuat - it looks burlier. What drew me to the one in the picture is that it swings to the driver's side. After looking at these two it turns out that most swing out rack attachments can be assembled to swing either way.

econwatch likes this.
  16. Feb 15, 2023 at 7:59 AM
    Pagan220

Pagan220 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Vehicle:
    2021 DCLB OR
    I have the Kuat bike rack attached to a 1 up swingout. The Kuat is nice but it gets in the way of the tailgate no matter what position other than swung open. 1 up bike rack clears a dropped tailgate. The 1 up swingout works great though.

econwatch likes this.
  17. Feb 15, 2023 at 1:34 PM
    carsontheguy

carsontheguy Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carson
    South Lake Tahoe
    Vehicle:
    '22 DCRB OR
    Yeah, I currently have the Thule T2 Pro (plus the additional two bike extender) - great rack and tailgate "rests" on rack by a mm or two. I put little rubber pads on the rack to not mess with tailgate.

My current SP setup has a window on the passenger side as well as the fridge. I also plan on building out a cooking setup on that side plus the addition of a 270 awning. While the driver side has the ladder when camping. So ideally I'm looking at a left/driver's side swing out when I have bikes on the back from a functionality perspective. Unfortunately, first, I have to spend some $$ on suspension/leaf/gear-ratio upgrades because of all the additional weight.

18. Feb 15, 2023 at 2:56 PM
    Pagan220

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Vehicle:
    2021 DCLB OR
    My 1 up swings driver side. They delivered it really quick and great build quality. It’s heavy and hanging off the rear really tortures the suspension. I tried sumo springs but they didn’t hold up. Getting whole suspension replaced in a week or so.

ChrclTaco likes this.
  19. Feb 16, 2023 at 6:17 PM
    Pagan220

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Vehicle:
    2021 DCLB OR
    truello, Mogey and Criera like this.
  20. Feb 17, 2023 at 5:17 AM
    ncflyer

ncflyer Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hope the next one is how the top is done/mounted.

Pagan220 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top