1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The official word is finally out

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Wolfman, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Jul 9, 2010 at 9:07 PM
    Wolfman

Wolfman [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Paradise, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner SR5
    As of July 1st, 23 of us in our work group became "surplus" employees. Last night, the official meeting was had with one of the bosses, entailing the specifics of our "voluntary" seperation packages, and when our last day would be. As we are a union shop, they want 23 takers regardless of seniority, before going down the chopping block in inverse order. The payoff is very generous, and barring any rediculous conditions in the package, I expect I'll be taking it. I have already been invited to return to my "old" job that I had prior to the July 1st closure of the divestment of old Verizon wireline territory as a contractor for the "new" company. So, effective what should be August 13th, I will no longer be employed by Verizon. This will close 12 years, and 10 and a half months of working for the same employer.
    With the invite to work as a contractor, my hopes are high that I will spend "0" days unemployed, and that it will open a door for permanent employment with the new company in the Pacific Northwest after a six month "no competition" clause expires.
    While there are a few butterflies over the upcoming chain of events, I'm actually looking very forward to the road ahead, and where it may lead.

2. Jul 9, 2010 at 9:09 PM

747 function > form

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen.
    Good luck, man! I sincerely hope that everything works out for you (sounds like you have a good plan in place)!

3. Jul 9, 2010 at 9:16 PM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    best of luck man!

Products Discussed in

To Top