1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The Pacific

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by bakerla, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 29, 2010 at 9:18 AM
    Semperfi

Semperfi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Angel Fire, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2010 Off Road S/B
    John Basilone the Metal of Honor winner gets killed the first day on Iwo Jima

2. Mar 29, 2010 at 9:24 AM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod
    Agreed...

3. Mar 29, 2010 at 10:29 AM
    SURFTACO

SURFTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD SPORT
    3'' Lift: Bilstein 5100’s, SPC UCAs, All Pro 3” leaf packs, Bilstein 5125’s, Kenda 33X10.5R17 Tires Flat Black Stock Rims Seat Belt Chime off Fog Lights On anytime Jet pilot interior All weather floor Mats Tonneau Cover Cali Raised Ditch Lights Snorkel
    Just watched Part 3 on demand. I agree, best episode thus far. Why did John get sent home again? War Bonds?

4. Mar 29, 2010 at 10:31 AM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod

He was awarded the Medal of Honor and so he was sent home to sell War Bonds.

5. Mar 29, 2010 at 10:31 AM
    ST77

ST77 Wandering doesn't mean you're lost

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Sandy, Or
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR DCSB
    Bone Stock
    It was pretty good last night... Lucky was hookin it up!

6. Apr 27, 2010 at 6:57 PM
    DDD

DDD Shine bright like a hymen

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Santa Clarita, CA
  7. Apr 27, 2010 at 7:10 PM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    XM, Panasonic Stereo, Headlights,Electric Ant,Toyota Deluxe Wheels, Rhino Lining, Cargo Rails
    My Dad-(still alive at 84 yoa) made landings with the 3rd Marine Division on Guam the Marshall Islands and Iwo Jima. When I can get him to talk about it he said he was the third wave into Iwo. I asked him what he saw when he landed and he said everyone was stuck and bogged down on the beaches. He said it didn't scare him until after he had been on the beach awhile then all hell broke loose....said that scared the crap out of him. I asked him if he saw the flag raised on Iwo and his comment was "how could I see anything I had my face down in the mud trying to find protection from the god awful fire coming down on us from everywhere. It was nasty. Said alot of the japs wouldn't give up...most fought until they were killed.

Until 1978 he still had a small piece of shrapnel in his leg from a hand grenade fight that he won. The vets from that fight are dying at an incredibly fast rate now...he doesn't like to talk about it....

8. Apr 28, 2010 at 5:59 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    listening to the vets talk at the begining of each episode always chokes me up.

9. Apr 28, 2010 at 6:10 AM
    StZu

StZu Where the White Women At?

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Dallas Texas
    Vehicle:
    18 Super White TRD Offroad
    Level 8 Wheels, Bilstien/Eibach lift, 2" aal, blacked out rear bumper, AC drain hose relocation, sound deadening 4 doors and back wall, amp/speaker upgrade, 10" daytona sub, LED interior lights.
    My wife was born on Kwajalien in the Marshall Islands. Every time this show comes on she asks if they have gotten to the Marshall Islands, I think she might actually sit down and watch that episode.

10. Apr 28, 2010 at 6:45 AM
    bakerla

bakerla [OP] Man, Myth, Legend

Member:
    First Name:
    Lyndall
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    '10 4wd OR
    CBI Moab front and CBI Trailrider rear, Budbuilt skids, Shrockworks sliders, OME Dakars w/ OME Nitros, OME 886x w/ OME Nitros, Light Racing UCAs, stainless steel brakelines F/R, Cobra 75 w/ Firestik antenna, 255/85/16 Cooper ST Maxx on 1st gen alloys, Weathertech liners, Engo 9000S winch, stickars and other shit.
    the last episode, although fairly gruesome, was probably the best one thus far.

11. Apr 28, 2010 at 8:39 AM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    That rocks. Tell him thank you for us.

+1

Agreed. It was pretty good last Sunday. Can't believe it's almost over already!

12. Apr 28, 2010 at 9:32 AM
    Zombie Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    yea, the top of that japs skull was missing and that guy was throwing rocks into it..haha

13. Apr 28, 2010 at 9:33 AM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport

I like that guy's character for some reason... Calm and a bit crazy. I was surprised that the Gunny broke down like that.

14. Apr 28, 2010 at 9:40 AM
    bakerla

bakerla [OP] Man, Myth, Legend

Member:
    First Name:
    Lyndall
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    '10 4wd OR
    CBI Moab front and CBI Trailrider rear, Budbuilt skids, Shrockworks sliders, OME Dakars w/ OME Nitros, OME 886x w/ OME Nitros, Light Racing UCAs, stainless steel brakelines F/R, Cobra 75 w/ Firestik antenna, 255/85/16 Cooper ST Maxx on 1st gen alloys, Weathertech liners, Engo 9000S winch, stickars and other shit.
    that episode, more so than others, i thought was about the humanity and inhumanity of men at war

15. Apr 28, 2010 at 9:47 AM
    Zombie Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    Yea, I like him a lot more than "sledgehammer" he just seems like a pussy to me and it bothers me. Plus I cant get over the fact that he was the little kid on jurrasic park

Pretty wild that gunny broke down, the oldest, hardest guy there..

16. Apr 28, 2010 at 11:38 AM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport

I don't think Sledge is a pussy really. At the beginning of the series, his father basically told him that he didn't want him to see the horrors of war. He being the patriot son, decided to see for himself. Once there, he is being impacted by the horrors of war and I think that is taking a tool on him. He is going from boy > man.

17. Apr 28, 2010 at 11:51 AM
    Zombie Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    True, maybe its the jurrasic park thing thats getting me. haha

18. Apr 28, 2010 at 11:54 AM
    StZu

StZu Where the White Women At?

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Dallas Texas
    Vehicle:
    18 Super White TRD Offroad
    Level 8 Wheels, Bilstien/Eibach lift, 2" aal, blacked out rear bumper, AC drain hose relocation, sound deadening 4 doors and back wall, amp/speaker upgrade, 10" daytona sub, LED interior lights.
    SNAFU- the best character on the series.

19. Apr 28, 2010 at 4:23 PM
    STR8_BEAST

STR8_BEAST Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    HB, SoCal
    Vehicle:
    07 PRERUNNER TRD OR
    MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST, SOUND SYSTEM, KENWOOD DNX 7140, WINDOW TINT, REAR TSB, FRONT COIL SPACER, SATOSHI MOD, BHLM, WHITE CALIPERS, CB RADIO W/4FT FIRESTIK, MAGLITE MOD
    next week is iwo jima it looked like from the previews, they might have to break it up into 2 episodes. its gonna be gnarly

20. Apr 28, 2010 at 4:29 PM
    solus

solus HOME!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Bremerton, WA
    Vehicle:
    RR 4wd SR5
    Iwo Jima is where John Basilone dies... but he gives them one hell of a fight... that was one BA MF for sure

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top