1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The "real" miss usa

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Ridgerunner, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Apr 20, 2009 at 11:54 AM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back side-swept twin exhaust, elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella 450 driving lights, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
  2. Apr 20, 2009 at 12:38 PM
    tacomajason

tacomajason the anti mpg

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    09 ssm ac oc 6mt 4wd
    stock (for now)
    im not going to offer any of my political views in this thread, but good for her to stand up for what she believes in.

3. Apr 20, 2009 at 12:55 PM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Bak Flip bed cover, shorty antenna, Peripheral iPod interface, Garmin 750 mount, add'l bed tie down rings, Westin nerf bars, hitch safe, tailgate lock, Ideal 1 3/4" turn-key clamp to secure tailgate from removal, Spare tire security cable, spare tire stainless air hose extender, Fumoto oil drain valve, Amp Research Bed X-Tender w/Schlage Cable Lock, bed mat, Redline hood struts
    They asked a question and she answered it. But I might like to say, what a fucking stupid ass question!!! The Hollywood homo that asked it already knew what answer "he" wanted to hear!!!! The pageant should be ashamed of letting him ask that question. Her best response that would have won her the competition? Look him straight in the eyes and say "It's non of your or anyone else's fucking business what my thoughts on that issue are".

4. Apr 21, 2009 at 9:17 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    i dont like the idea of gay people getting married but i dont think the government, state or federal, can dictate who can marry who. if the church doesn't want to recognize it, fine, thats there prerogative as a private organization. but a state shouldn't be able to tell anyone who they can and cant marry.

5. Apr 21, 2009 at 9:34 AM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Bak Flip bed cover, shorty antenna, Peripheral iPod interface, Garmin 750 mount, add'l bed tie down rings, Westin nerf bars, hitch safe, tailgate lock, Ideal 1 3/4" turn-key clamp to secure tailgate from removal, Spare tire security cable, spare tire stainless air hose extender, Fumoto oil drain valve, Amp Research Bed X-Tender w/Schlage Cable Lock, bed mat, Redline hood struts
    It's not an issue of "marriage" - that's a red herring.....the REAL issue/ question is this: "Does the government have a say in the perpetuation of the human species and the inhabitants of the state which it governs". In other words, ass fucking doesn't make babies therefore gays can't produce babies and does the government want to endorse, accept, and subsidize this behavior. This is a human species/civilization issue, not a marriage issue.

6. Apr 21, 2009 at 9:41 AM
    squad314

squad314 Thinks he's Steve McQueen

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Into the mystic....(foggy Saint John, NB)
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade
    "Hello Kitty" steering wheel cover.
    While I disagree with her,I think it's a discrace she was not able to express her opinion without penalty.That pagent and it's judges should be ashamed of themselves,I agree with Pster.The idea of asking these girls cold questions is to determine how they handle themselves under pressure,it's not to find out whose opinions mirror those of the judges.

7. Apr 21, 2009 at 9:46 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    I agree that they shouldn't be allowed to ask questions like that. questions that will obviously alienate them from certain judges if they dont pander. but thats the reality of the world we live in. if you dont pander to your audience, you dont win. that goes for Miss USA, Politics, American Idol.... anything that people are voting for. But i think its cool she stuck by her morals even though it meant taking 2nd place.

8. Apr 21, 2009 at 9:49 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    not really. its a, "can my spouse visit me in the hospital if i get in a wreck issue" or a "can i leave my life insurance to my spouse when i die" etc....

this has nothing to do with perpetuation of the human species. they just want the same civil liberties that straight people enjoy. it makes no sense for a gay couple that have been living together for 20 years not to be able to visit the other if he/she gets in a wreck and is in critical condition in the hospital because they aren't "family".

9. Apr 21, 2009 at 9:55 AM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    I flatly do not believe your examples are true or accurate. Any person can leave his life insurance to anyone he/she wants. Hospital visits are "friends and family". What gays REALLY want through "equal rights" is ACCEPTANCE AS BEING SEXUALLY NORMAL. That is NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN BECAUSE IT JUST ISN'T TRUE.

10. Apr 21, 2009 at 10:02 AM
    wiscdave

wiscdave Lets Do It!

Member:
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Rock Warrior
    Past ride - 3" OME 885s&Shocks/ TSB 1.5AAL/ AX184 Rims 285 Firestone destination ATs/ 2 Shallow mount P310s in Supercrew Box - Punch 601s, Beefed up Hunter Brush guard, Tint, Fog light mod, AFE Drop in, AC and Fog light mods, scangauge
    she's a hottie...post some pics

11. Apr 21, 2009 at 10:07 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    granted, you can choose who you leave life insurance too. but many times people in critical condition or in ICU cannot have visitors that are not family or spouse. There are alot of benefits that come with being recognized as being married by the state. thats all they want. i dont think they care about being classified as "sexually normal". there is no such thing. i'm straight but i'm far from normal. Look at tacoark, she's straight but she's into alot of kinky stuff. "normal" is just something people say. who are you to say what is and isn't normal? for that matter who are politicians (the scummiest people on earth) to say what is and isn't normal? Like you, i dont agree with the gay lifestyle. But i dont feel like it's my place or anyone elses to tell people how they can live (as long as they are not causing others harm)

12. Apr 21, 2009 at 10:08 AM
    raskal311

raskal311 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S. Cal
    5100 set to max, pending LSD and TRD CAI
    “perpetuation of the human species”??? yeah this country has a real shortage of teen mothers.

13. Apr 21, 2009 at 10:17 AM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    apparently you do not remember the case where someone was in the hospital and not allowed to see their partner b/c they were not "family". obviously his example was correct. your sexually "normal" is different than theirs, so whats not to say that they are "normal" and you are the freak? just like the hiltons of the world, you already have your mind set and do not want to hear anyone elses opinion. i think that they should have every right to marry as any hetero couple. they are citizens....human....and deserve the same rights as anyone else in this country. you are takng your "religious right" opinions and placing them on an act that can be done in the courthouse and have absolutely no religious aspects to it. one again a form of people pressing their religious views on people and a country that is supposed to have a freedom of religion and protection of persecution of that person's beliefs. you can have your opinions and beliefs just like everyone else, but by pressing them upon someone else that does not agree makes you no better than him.

14. Apr 21, 2009 at 10:21 AM
    goofyboy

goofyboy Longhorn.

Member:
    Katy, Tx
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    The government should be taken completly out of marriage. Marriage is an event where two people make a commitment to eachother infront of their God and family and friends.

There should be civil unions provided by the government for anyone that wants to enter into one. This will cover all legal issues of who gets what when people split up. It is a BUSINESS contract between two people. There is no emotion or religion in it. It is strictly business. Gay people should be allowed to be just as misarable as anyone else that wants a divorce.

15. Apr 21, 2009 at 10:24 AM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Sexually Normal is when a man and woman have sex to produce a baby. This is COMPLETELY different than what people do "sexually for fun".

16. Apr 21, 2009 at 10:26 AM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    You make my point for me: So we should all be homosexuals to reduce teen pregnancy? I think not. Again, you compare apples and oranges. My argument is a physiological one, not one of mental competency.

17. Apr 21, 2009 at 10:44 AM
    The_Hodge

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Main Entry: sexual intercourse
    Function: noun
    : heterosexual intercourse involving penetration of the vagina by the penis
    : intercourse involving genital contact between individuals other than penetration of the vagina by the penis

the defination even talks of vaginal and non-vagnal penetration. what you are describing for sex to make a baby is "procreation", not sex. poll the people on this site and see how many are having sex for fun or having sex to make a baby and see what is the "norm"

u are under a consipracy thoery that the gays will cause the downfall of the human species due to no babies being born. he is stating that there is no shortage and never will be. look at all the homosexuality in the current culture and then look at the current birth rate. apparently the "polution of homosexuality" hassnt taken its toll on the world yet.

18. Apr 21, 2009 at 11:00 AM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Give it time....

19. Apr 21, 2009 at 11:08 AM
    The_Hodge

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    well if the bible gaybashes like some claim, then it's been around for at least close to 2k years....isnt that enough time?

20. Apr 21, 2009 at 11:08 AM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
    I think its great she stood up for her beliefs, she should have won just for that...

On the other hand, in my point of view, marriage should be only between man and woman (at least in churchs), but i do believe people has the right to choose their partner whether is the same sex or not, so legally it should be allowed.

Products Discussed in

To Top