1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

" The Rolling Vibrator" Drive line issues

Discussion in 'New Members' started by onerooster, May 10, 2010.

1. May 10, 2010 at 4:17 PM
    onerooster

onerooster [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner TRD Crew Cab
    Greetings fellow Tacomians, I did look around on the forum first but didn't find anything matching the problems I have been have with my 2010 with 4000 miles. I haven't read all the way through.... Did all of the break in yatidas only to have vibration issues while pulling the boat (1800-200 lbs). Boat and trailer are new about a year old.We pulled them 2000 mile withe the 03 Tundra without a hitch. From 30 to 60 MPH it goes through bad critical's and is so bad at 52 MPH the steering wheel is rattling in your hands. The dealer has cut me off do in hallucinating and has fallen into the "What was your name" mode. The drive line shop(which I paid for) says the drive shaft is O.K. and the angle is correct but the differential literally has no control on it until the springs tighten up if that's even enough. Now I am off to the suspension shop. Does any body have the initials CHI stamped on their springs? I hate to think I am sitting on some cheap, ill produced Chinese crap springs. Let me know and thanks for letting me walk the plank.
    Roost

2. May 18, 2010 at 6:47 PM
    onerooster

onerooster [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    Sorry folks, didn't intend to use your reading space for a Turrets episode. My bad. The TSB was there and it helped to resolve the issue at the dealer. If it wasn't for jumping to conclusion...... I wouldn't get any exercise..
    Roost

3. May 19, 2010 at 4:10 AM
    onerooster

onerooster [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    Got to wonder how many folks have a truck and don't use it. Stiffer ride, pull the boat, no problem.
    Thanks,
    Roost

4. May 19, 2010 at 6:46 AM
    wiscdave

wiscdave Lets Do It!

Member:
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Rock Warrior
    Past ride - 3" OME 885s&Shocks/ TSB 1.5AAL/ AX184 Rims 285 Firestone destination ATs/ 2 Shallow mount P310s in Supercrew Box - Punch 601s, Beefed up Hunter Brush guard, Tint, Fog light mod, AFE Drop in, AC and Fog light mods, scangauge
    Welcome to TW!

Ok...a little hard to undestand and then you say you just had the spring TSB done right? Do you still have the problem?

5. May 19, 2010 at 7:33 PM
    onerooster

onerooster [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    No I had to go through a series of hurdles with the dealer which got me amped up to start with. I gave them a little credit trying to figure out what was wrong but then it got stupid. Especially when they knew the TSB was there and I really didn't need to yanked around. Oh well after waiting about 4 years to get the truck I guess I was expecting too much. Other than that I am stoked.
    Roost

Products Discussed in

To Top