1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The silver lining

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Lester, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Feb 14, 2010 at 6:51 AM
    Lester

Lester [OP] New Member

Member:
    Indianapolis
    Vehicle:
    05 2005TRD
    So, I smashed my truck pretty good last week. I was driving straight and normal at about 60mph when I encountered invisible ice on the interstate -- truck, meet guardrail; guardrail meet truck. Insurance adjuster comes and makes an estimate -- mostly both bumpers are crushed, the rear worse than the front. Not a ton of structural damage. Total is $4300 bucks.

[​IMG]

Now, I am thinking about buying off-road bumpers instead of replacing the factory toy bumpers. Should cost about the same amount of cash and the insurance company already told me this is acceptable -- it is my insurance money to do with as I please. This is what I want:

All-Pro '05 Tacoma Bumper

[​IMG]

New rear number too. I have decided that this is my favorite. I hope I can make one work with the timeline that I am working under:

[​IMG]

Then maybe I will get to work on my suspension...

2. Feb 14, 2010 at 7:40 AM
    Mr_Torque

Mr_Torque Buy the Ticket take the Ride.....

Member:
    Perkasie,PA
    Vehicle:
    '07 Tacoma SR5 4WD V-6 6 Spd
    MBRP Exhaust, 17" FJ Steelies w/Firestone AT's, Truxedo Lopro ,Timbren SES, Pioneer FH-X720BT HU & TS-C720PRS Component Speakers, TRD Quickshifter, Bilstein 6112/5160, Light Racing UCA, and Icon Progressive add a leaf.
    Glad no one was hurt. That must have been a scary ride. The bumper picks look good. I want that rear bumper too!

To Top