1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The Tacoma has been copied

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by lawnrevenge, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Mar 22, 2009 at 1:10 PM
    RAD

RAD Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Rad
    LAX & LOGAN
    Really? We have a great thread here and then the racial remarks come out? Taco member or not thats uncalled for.

Wow and you're 36 years old? I do hope you don't have kids in which you spread such hateful thoughts.

2. Mar 23, 2009 at 4:22 AM
    TacticalBacon13

TacticalBacon13 Sorry for party rockin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Dunk
    Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    2014 tundra platinum
    baby seat and a muffler
    i want the light bar in the back but other than that.....KILL IT KILL IT WITH FIRE!!:infantry::bananadead::fenforcer:

3. Mar 23, 2009 at 6:00 AM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Bak Flip bed cover, shorty antenna, Peripheral iPod interface, Garmin 750 mount, add'l bed tie down rings, Westin nerf bars, hitch safe, tailgate lock, Ideal 1 3/4" turn-key clamp to secure tailgate from removal, Spare tire security cable, spare tire stainless air hose extender, Fumoto oil drain valve, Amp Research Bed X-Tender w/Schlage Cable Lock, bed mat, Redline hood struts
    Stinking Communist Chinese is NOT a racial epithet....it is precisely describing members of a POLITICAL PARTY.

4. Mar 23, 2009 at 6:02 AM
    brianr

brianr go shit in your hat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    BUILT, not bought...

correct.

that aside, that truck is UGLY AS FUCK. it looks like someone took a Nissan Frontier and made it more gay.

5. Mar 23, 2009 at 6:11 AM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Bak Flip bed cover, shorty antenna, Peripheral iPod interface, Garmin 750 mount, add'l bed tie down rings, Westin nerf bars, hitch safe, tailgate lock, Ideal 1 3/4" turn-key clamp to secure tailgate from removal, Spare tire security cable, spare tire stainless air hose extender, Fumoto oil drain valve, Amp Research Bed X-Tender w/Schlage Cable Lock, bed mat, Redline hood struts
    The problem is, once the Chinese car manufacturers get a foothold in our market, they can improve from there. Look at what Hyundai did. We have enough auto capacity in the U.S. and I am for somehow blocking new manufacturers without restraining trade.....in other words, we sell XX number of cars in China, then you can sell XX number of cars in the U.S. Fair is fair.

6. Mar 23, 2009 at 6:15 AM
    kristopherl

kristopherl AKA: Jake the Wolf

Member:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma DC 4x4 Sport LB. Foglight
    Cup holder LEDs, Black Max Tonau, BHL Mod, N-Fab side steps
    To me it looks like a 94 toyota pickup with the 2nd gen front end.

7. Mar 23, 2009 at 6:17 AM
    kristopherl

kristopherl AKA: Jake the Wolf

Member:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma DC 4x4 Sport LB. Foglight
    Cup holder LEDs, Black Max Tonau, BHL Mod, N-Fab side steps
    didn't read all the posts but did anyone notice the fuel door on the rear pillar? that's weird (old school)

8. Mar 23, 2009 at 6:23 AM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4

They probably made just enough changes to not infringe on patents.

9. Mar 23, 2009 at 12:42 PM
    squad314

squad314 Thinks he's Steve McQueen

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Into the mystic....(foggy Saint John, NB)
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade
    "Hello Kitty" steering wheel cover.
    You're right and I agree....Anyone who blatently disregards patent law and/or intellectual property is of low moral fiber and shame on them.People are counterfeiting works that others have invested tremendous time,energy and cash into and it's wrong.There is no disputing that there is a lot of garbage coming out of that region and if people would stop buying it the market would dissolve.

The point I was trying to make was that this is a diverse community on here with a multitude of ethnicities.There was a racial slur used,it's now gone and I appreciate it.Sometimes we post without thinking through the consequences it may have to others.I didn't chastise anyone,give neg rep or even add a :mad:.I say WE because one time I made what I thought was an innocent joke and was informed it was hurtful to someone.....I was just passing on a lesson I learned and stand by it.

10. Mar 23, 2009 at 12:48 PM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.

Squad was not referring to your post as being a racial epithet. It was another post. Refer to #44.

11. Mar 23, 2009 at 1:15 PM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Too many people carry too many sensitivities and insecurities on their shirt sleeves. From Pster, otherwise known as Honky Boy White Cracker (aka A white anglo saxon caucasian male).

12. Mar 23, 2009 at 1:17 PM
    bobwilson1977

bobwilson1977 Well-Known Member

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 2WD ( pizza delivery model)
    none except for crappy hub caps and floor mats.
    I bet you anything that we're going to get Chinese cars in the US anyday now. Apparently Geely- which is the Chinese carmaker shown with the rip-off white Mercedes- is going to buy Volvo.

13. Mar 23, 2009 at 3:58 PM
    RCBS

RCBS How long you willing to tolerate this crap??

Member:
    Harden your bark, there are storms on the horizon.
    Vehicle:
    Goodbye 06, Hello 21. TRDORDCSBMT
    Tornado intake, Duralube, Fartcan.
    everyone wants to be like us. (we piss excellence) what does it say that we're borrowing from a communist nation? i say we let china take over the "World Police" gig from us as they've already eclipsed our manufacturing. while they're at it, they can give aid to all the f*ckstick countries that we do and we'll keep our money. (well, i guess it is kinda their money already) :rolleyes:

14. Mar 23, 2009 at 10:22 PM
    redmarble

redmarble Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal.
    Vehicle:
    05 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner
    Lets not fret about these Chinese vehicles. They will never enter the US market. Third-world countries, yes.

15. Mar 24, 2009 at 5:03 PM
    DesmoBob

DesmoBob Active Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5
    And then it caught on fire.

16. Mar 24, 2009 at 5:10 PM
    NumNutz

NumNutz One of the original 7928

Member:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4x4 - Kings, TC, Dakars, broken stuff
    Lots.
    Someone photoshop this and make it funny please

17. Mar 25, 2009 at 10:13 AM
    Mr Wiggles

Mr Wiggles Supergroovalisticprosifun kstication

Member:
    I don't see why everyone's so upset. what difference does it make if china buys tooling, cheaps out on materials and puts together substandard vehicles that look outdated? It's a country of a billion people! (that's a 1 with 9 zero's) and these people need cheap transportation.

Hyundai for example used to do this, they used tooling from 1st gen Montero's (look at the front fenders back), and tooling from 2nd gen Montero's (fenders forward), and made a cheap alternative for the Pajero/Montero for their market. I would buy one!
    [​IMG]

To me, though it insults some people, this type of manufacturing is 'green'. Reusing tooling and parts that other manufacturers have put by the wayside in order to produce something with short time to market, using proven designs and platforms. This is global competition at its finest.

And dare i say, i would drive this chinese taco thing any day over an 09 ranger or colorado.

18. Mar 25, 2009 at 11:23 AM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    ^That's what you call "global competition"? Stealing the designs of others? I don't think so. Taking the intellectual property of others to use for your own benefit is still stealing. It's no different than downloading pirated music.

Maybe you would put your family in a Chinese vehicle but I sure wouldn't. Maybe you haven't noticed all the problems lately with Chinese products? Thank God we don't use Chinese made baby formula...

19. Mar 25, 2009 at 1:38 PM
    Mr Wiggles

Mr Wiggles Supergroovalisticprosifun kstication

Member:
    I am making some assumptions here. Number one assumption is they are not "stealing or pirating" :rolleyes: designs but have purchased the tooling, stamps, etc to create these vehicles. In my mind, i can't see the Chinese just redoing old designs with brand new tooling, it would be simpler to buy the firesale factory stamps & tools from OEM's that have changed designs. Reusing the Tacoma headlights and grille? RV manufacturers have been doing that for years in the states with F-350, etc lights and basic body parts on those big bus style rv's.

I don't know if anyone can shed real light as to where the tools are coming from that they are using to build these cars and trucks.

No i wouldn't put my family in a Chinese made vehicle or feed my baby chinese baby formula (though the two are pretty unrelated IMO). I have the luxury and choice that living in a first world country affords me to make decisions on transportation. But i sure as hell wouldn't put my family in something from the Big 3 either. After a 2005 Blazer nearly tried to kill me recently, i will never own or drive something Detriot dreamed up ever again, and yes, if there was a 1/4 ton truck from the Big 3 in front of me and this Chinese creation, i'd be more apt to take the Chinese truck out, assuming it's reusing old Toyota suspension, brakes, frames, etc. Granted, that's my choice, and i'm not saying everyone should have the same thoughts.

Just my .02

20. Mar 25, 2009 at 1:45 PM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    I, too, have heard this. I am still researching it's validity.

Products Discussed in

To Top